Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

now try to find out when was the last time they missed the playoffs 4 years in a row...

2008/2009 season... :lol::lol::lol:

And Cliffy Fletcher was on the 'Fan590 this morning (Funnny show, they joke around a lot) saying the Leafs will pusue free agents and try hard to make the playoffs next year. Now the plan seems to be the same in loser land. They will get a couple of knuckle dragging goons, tell the media (Toronto Leaf Media) these guys are allstars and the media will back them up.

Ultimately, they will fail.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Oh, how sweet it is.

I wonder what they would look like without Sundin, McCabe, Blake, Tucker and Kubina, and the 23 million per season (on average) they're making? All the UFAs they could bring in, the high-round draft picks, etc.

But they have those guys until 2011 at least ... muahahahahahaha

We have MSM at work for communicating inter-company. ALL (not some) Leafs fans in the office today have their MSM set to "Offline" and I know they are in. Three of them have called in sick - Cowards hahaha!

5 days ago, A Leaf fan (Late night Fan590) calling himself an expert hockey person said Leafs will blow by Boston in their two games. From there they will thrash the Habs Saturday. And he said he ran his numbers with his expert hockey mind and said Leafs to finish 8th, Habs 1st. From there the Leafs will pound Montreal in 5 games and go deep and challenge for the cup as Toskola is the best goalie in the league. Hmmmm... Brodeur/Luongo/Ward etc... not in the equation?

Well my summary is this: Leaf fans are the biggest bunch of sheep on the planet and will be staring at another loser next year. Sundin will sign another 1 year NO TRADE contract. Leafs will flounder at the start, and push when it does not count and get another mediocre draft pick. (They don't know how to draft)

My expert hockey mind predicts I have a probability to be 97.8% correct with a fluke rate of Leafs making the playoffs at 2.2%. (Leafs win their last game to get into the playoffs :lol: )

That's pathetic if the Leafs are actually going to make another run at the playoffs next season. Just when it looked like they were coming around...

That's pathetic if the Leafs are actually going to make another run at the playoffs next season. Just when it looked like they were coming around...

There in lies the beauty of laughing at the Leafy Kingdom of Fantasy Hockey. Fans have unrealistic expectations. Toronto sports announcers say Leafs can turn this around in 2-3 years and win the cup. (What players???) The intern (Draft Smaft) GM is a draft choice trader who says Leafs are going for playoffs. Guido around the block from me still thinks the Leafs will make the playoffs this year. The new Leaf colour person beside "Behind the Play" announcer Joe Bowen blames Linesman from last night for LEafs not mAking the playoffs. And the Toronto media still thinks that Montreal would not beat Leafs in 1993. Funny thing happened when Montreal won that cup, Leafs were not even good enough to get there, as usual.

Ahhh it is just too easy to redicule Leaf Loserland. One word: 1967

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Anyone seen the game today... heard they were trying to cause injury and playing dirty ?!?!?

I watched a period. Alfie was taken out with a clean check by Bell. Then some fights and mini brawls and lots of CHEAP cr@p an both sides. Toronto tanked it on the ice but did well roughing up the Sena-losers.

My brother-in-law scored me some free tickets to the Habs-Leafs game tomorrow, so I'm driving off to Montreal later today. Although it's a nothing game (more or less) for both teams, I'm hoping Montreal shows the Leafs why they're playoff bound. It will also be a nice touch to the ongoing indoctrination of my son (age 6, who will be with me at the game) to Habs fandom.

Lets see, I'll take, hmmm.... a comfortable lead, lots of ole ole's, no injuries, and an extended game-ending ovation, please. Git 'er done, boys!

:hlogo:

My brother-in-law scored me some free tickets to the Habs-Leafs game tomorrow, so I'm driving off to Montreal later today. Although it's a nothing game (more or less) for both teams, I'm hoping Montreal shows the Leafs why they're playoff bound. It will also be a nice touch to the ongoing indoctrination of my son (age 6, who will be with me at the game) to Habs fandom.

Lets see, I'll take, hmmm.... a comfortable lead, lots of ole ole's, no injuries, and an extended game-ending ovation, please. Git 'er done, boys!

:hlogo:

Absolutely perfect. Thanks, fellas.

• 2 weeks later...

So how long until viewing and analysis of the Alex Kovalev charity instructional video becomes a mandatory part of the Leafs' practices?

Leaf fans are tending to balk at our team now. They're sickened by it. The jabs and the insults after a Habs loss to the B's (and they have been rather nasty compared to other years) demonstates that they are SICK that we are even alive. :clap: This is need for pepto bismol in the extreme for them. When one is barking about your losses one is scraping for lost victory :clap: Leaf fans are barking WAY TOO LOUD!

YOU LOST!

Maybe they should get a life. :lol: They are certainly in no position to brag. And, as long as the Habs are present in the post season - "We have the conch!"

• 2 months later...

We still have the conch. I'm not 100% sure why they dumped Wellwood. Not really sure where they're going with the buyout of Tucker. I'm sure if Mats was possible to resign in T.O., that the feeling has diminished due to todays events. A waived Raycroft that cost Rask is gone for what?

Is it promote the Marlies time or are they dumping assets to sign UFA assets? If that's the case I don't see the "rebuilding"! :blink:

We still have the conch. I'm not 100% sure why they dumped Wellwood. Not really sure where they're going with the buyout of Tucker. I'm sure if Mats was possible to resign in T.O., that the feeling has diminished due to todays events. A waived Raycroft that cost Rask is gone for what?

Is it promote the Marlies time or are they dumping assets to sign UFA assets? If that's the case I don't see the "rebuilding"! :blink:

Tucker has been bought out now.

Yeah, they've got a lot of roster spots to fill. Like you said, either they're going for a quick turnaround via UFA's, or they're promoting most of the Marlies in hopes of winning the Tavares sweepstakes, or (worst case scenario from a Habs viewpoint) they're going to throw a number of RFA offer sheets around. Fletcher is old school, so hopefully he won't go this route, but these are desperate times for the Leafs, so all options are being considered, I'm sure.

Wow, Raycroft waiver is something, Tucker buy out I get, waste of money and space. Brilliant contract extension there JFJ, like your old man, bleeding the tricolor ;) .I just think this is a joke of an organization being expertly dismantled. It would do that team well to hire a GM that actually likes the leafs as I think Flech must not. I hope once again they finish between a playoff spot and a good pick spot. Anywhere in the middle there is great! Do you think we see Pogge next season? AFter Tossedcolon faces 50 shots a night for the first few months?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Wow, Raycroft waiver is something, Tucker buy out I get, waste of money and space. Brilliant contract extension there JFJ, like your old man, bleeding the tricolor ;) .I just think this is a joke of an organization being expertly dismantled. It would do that team well to hire a GM that actually likes the leafs as I think Flech must not. I hope once again they finish between a playoff spot and a good pick spot. Anywhere in the middle there is great! Do you think we see Pogge next season? AFter Tossedcolon faces 50 shots a night for the first few months?
Fletch said that Pogge and Clemmenson are staying with the Marlies and that they will seek a UFA backup to V.T. He cites the SLOW rate of development for Pogge as the motive.

• 2 weeks later...

Leafs trade a 5th round pick for Holewig-youtube vid - Kovalev elbows Holewig/cheap shot on Sergei Kostitsyn/Holewig ejected

Hey, Hollweg, meet this guy:

230px-Laraque.jpg

Exactly how does dumping another pick justify acquiring Hollweg?

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

leafsbg8.jpg

I have a confession: of course, I hate the Leafs, but I kind of like.... LeafsTV. I started getting it a few months ago because it was included as part of my re-jigged cable package, and I find myself watching it somewhat regularly now that the offseason is here. Watching it during the Leafs' brief season is pretty nauseating, but in the offseason they show a lot of old games. Of course, the Leafs are always involved, but occasionally so too are the Habs.

Without LeafsTV, I never would have seen past Leafs greats like Dave Keon, Tim Horton, Frank Mahovlich, Johnny Bower, etc. etc. I also wouldn't have seen important games involving the Habs, like game 3 of the 1959 Stanley Cup finals, or game 3 of the 1978 semifinals. (The latter was just fascinating because of a penalty in overtime to Tiger Williams, leading to Larry Robinson's powerplay goal. Tiger was flipping out, trying to go after the ref, but was held back and settled down, by none other than Larry Robinson, while Tiger's teammates looked on. Larry was counseling Tiger not to ruin his career by hitting the ref, according to the interview with Robinson afterwards.)

Anyway, in terms of learning more about the history of the game and its players, not to mention satisfying the off-season hockey fix, LeafsTV is great. If they ever came out with a HabsTV (with the accompanying vintage games), this world would be that much closer to heaven.

Typical Leafs management; MAPLE LEAFS TO GIVE AWAY TICKETS TO ADDED PRE-SEASON GAME

"......The game is being sponsored by Coca-Cola, which is covering the cost of the tickets." Those poor poor Leafs, can't even afford printing costs.............maybe Peddie can pull out some of his pocket change to cover the costs..

And they want to bring in "those who normally don't go to games..." but with all the suits in the crowd how are these kids (and family's) able to get tickets and pay for them?

Typical Leafs management; MAPLE LEAFS TO GIVE AWAY TICKETS TO ADDED PRE-SEASON GAME

"......The game is being sponsored by Coca-Cola, which is covering the cost of the tickets." Those poor poor Leafs, can't even afford printing costs.............maybe Peddie can pull out some of his pocket change to cover the costs..

And they want to bring in "those who normally don't go to games..." but with all the suits in the crowd how are these kids (and family's) able to get tickets and pay for them?

Hard to villianize them for this. It's actually a step in the right direction.

Me too, but also you have to give credit where credit is due. The Cube held his own against Colton Orr. The Cube always holds his own. Tough little F**cker.

true.