Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

Personally I think Sundin is done in TO (after this season) since his contract is up......Do you think Fletcher (or whoever the GM is) would offer him a contract when (by not waiving his NTC) he hamperd their rebuilding/retooling?

I think there's going to be resentment on both sides come April 5th when their season's over.

Id love to have Sundin for a year or 2.

How sweet would this headline be: "Sundin Finally Raises the Cup as the Habs Win it All in their 100th Anniversary season."

Id be even more thrilled if the headline sais "Sundin finally raises the cup as the habs celebrate their 100th anniversary season with a SECOND straight cup."

Edited by Dalhabs

This is a little frustrating to be honest. Good for Mats, don't get me wrong, but we sold the manure from our farm in what appeared to be an attempt to lower ourselves in the standings and attempt to get the first overall pick. Now Mats is getting a head of steam and looks like he's trying to get us into the playoffs. Should Cliff maybe have bought, instead of sell? At this point it looks like it from my point of view and all that the Maple Leafs have at their disposal is a bunch of call-ups from the Marlies. Again, don't get me wrong, the call-ups we have all have potential. But why take away from the Marlies, who are first in their division and will be looking ahead to a big playoff run with Pogge and Clemmenson and some good young talent? I think Cliffy should have gotten one or two young prospects instead of a bunch of picks for the players we gave up.

thank you to vadermaul from tsn.ca for making my day.

thank you to vadermaul from tsn.ca for making my day.

I can't beleive there are still guys who though they should be buyers!

How sweet would this headline be: "Sundin Finally Raises the Cup as the Habs Win it All in their 100th Anniversary season."

Nice! And I hope Leafs finish 9th to make my summer complete with the Toronto Whine... ahh small things amuse me...

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Leafs focus on long-shot playoff drive - TSN

This is Maple Laughable hahaha.

Below is the list of games that are either relevant to the Leafs' cause or are considered collision games meaning that if let's say Buffalo loses in a game, then Washington wins. The points have to go somewhere. Getting help and winning everything isn't good enough.

Carolina at Atlanta

Washington at Buffalo

Toronto at Boston

NY Rangers at NY Islanders

Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

Washington at Boston

Buffalo at Carolina

NY Islanders at Philadelphia

New Jersey at Toronto

Atlanta at Florida

Boston at NY Rangers

NY Rangers at Buffalo

Philadelphia at Toronto

Toronto at Philadelphia

NY Islanders at Florida

Tampa Bay at Boston

Atlanta at Washington

Carolina at Buffalo

NY Rangers at Florida

Philadelphia at Boston

Buffalo at Toronto

NY Rangers at Tampa Bay

Boston at Washington

Atlanta at Florida

Toronto at NY Islanders

Atlanta at Philadelphia

Tampa Bay at Buffalo

Carolina at Atlanta

Carolina at Florida

NY Rangers at Philadelphia

Toronto at Buffalo

Washington at Atlanta

Toronto at Ottawa

Tampa Bay at Florida

NY Islanders at Philadelphia

Washington at Carolina

Philadelphia at NY Rangers

Florida at Tampa Bay

Boston at Toronto

Toronto at Boston R108ss

Washington at Tampa Bay

Atlanta at Florida liar

Atlanta at Carolina

Philadelphia at NY Islanders

Montreal at Toronto

Washington at Florida

Carolina at Tampa Bay

Boston at Buffalo

Carolina at Washington

Florida at Atlanta

Buffalo at Toronto

Tampa Bay at Carolina

NY Rangers at NY Islanders

Tampa Bay at Washington

Ottawa at Toronto

Florida at Carolina

NY Islanders at NY Rangers

Buffalo at Boston

Toronto at Montreal

Florida at Washington

Tampa Bay at Atlanta

it's too bad they didn't play just a teeny bit better...I was hoping for a scenario where they'd be in the playoffs with two points on the last day of the season....so our guys could rip the heart right out of LeafsNation and stomp on it by beating them.

it's too bad they didn't play just a teeny bit better...I was hoping for a scenario where they'd be in the playoffs with two points on the last day of the season....so our guys could rip the heart right out of LeafsNation and stomp on it by beating them.

I hope the Habs have clinched home ice before that game and the leafs are in the lottery pool for the top 5 pick but the Habs throw the game allowing the Leafs to finish 24th and out of the lottery.

I hope the Habs have clinched home ice before that game and the leafs are in the lottery pool for the top 5 pick but the Habs throw the game allowing the Leafs to finish 24th and out of the lottery.

I'd go with the game being of no importance, as the leaks have clinched 24th, and then we stomp them out of existance with a loss so bad they remember it for decades to come.

Oh, I can do with Sundin retiring a carreer loser leaf. It will sit fine with me. They could "honor" his number as another loser in the rafters.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

If the Habs can win their final two games against the Laffs this season, Toronto has no chance at the playoffs. (If, of course, they even have a chance.)

If the Habs can win their final two games against the Laffs this season, Toronto has no chance at the playoffs. (If, of course, they even have a chance.)

Those games wont matter.

What a great day. Habs move BACK into first in the east. Laffs get false hope of playoffs AGAIN. Bruins allow 18 goals in 2 games.
Not Anti-Maple leaf related but apparently Don Cherry is going to rip Bruce Boudreau a new one on Saturday Coaches Corner for running up the score on the B's. Is he going to rip Paul Maurice now as well? :P

Not Anti-Maple leaf related but apparently Don Cherry is going to rip Bruce Boudreau a new one on Saturday Coaches Corner for running up the score on the B's. Is he going to rip Paul Maurice now as well? :P

Sometimes it is just impossible not to run up the score but I believe the Caps had 4th liners on the ice at the end of the game on the PP.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Leafs pushed the Sens out of the playoff? :lol:

Is he going to rip Paul Maurice now as well? :P

It'll be blatant homerism if he doesn't rip Maurice also. Not that Don, Bob, Ron, and Harry haven't done there share of that over the years.... :puke:

It'll be blatant homerism if he doesn't rip Maurice also. Not that Don, Bob, Ron, and Harry haven't done there share of that over the years.... :puke:

If I ever watch the Communist Broadcasting Corporation for hockey, the sound will go off. I am so sick of Hockey Night in Toronto I vote with my Remote. Channel 522 RDS!

Dum Churry will never criticize the Leafs. The rest of the sports idiots on that channel for the early show should be fired for homerism disease. Now the Western coverage is a treat until Dum Churry and his sidekick reappear...

If I ever watch the Communist Broadcasting Corporation for hockey, the sound will go off. I am so sick of Hockey Night in Toronto I vote with my Remote. Channel 522 RDS!

Dum Churry will never criticize the Leafs. The rest of the sports idiots on that channel for the early show should be fired for homerism disease. Now the Western coverage is a treat until Dum Churry and his sidekick reappear...

CBC's best broadcasters are the #2 folks.

I figured that out after watching the season premiere of both the east coast and west coast games.

Jeez man, if you're going to lace that many puns into one post you could at least make sure you call the Leafs the Laughs.

:unsure: For shame!

Hey, here's a question - if the Leafs are royally screwed for the future, why is their AHL team doing so well?
It's definitely not due to prospect depth. They have a strong system full of career AHLer's which are good call up candidates.

Bates Battaglia

Robbie Earl

Ben Ondrus

David Ling

On D they have some impressive players but they're not overly spectacular

Jay Harrison

Staffan Kronwall

Andy Wozniewski

And in goal they have a strong tandem.

Justin Pogge

Scott Clemmensen

So, from top to bottom the Marlies have an excellent "AHL roster" with some prospects. Nothing really spectacular especially when David Ling is the go to guy :blink: . Compare that to the Bulldogs who have had Grabovski, Chipchura and Sergei Kostitsyn leading at different times this year.

Grabovski > Ling

:lol:

Marlies Individual Stats - Marlies Official Site

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien