Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

I was trolling the Laffs board and found this lovely propaganda :)

stanley_cup_leafs.jpg

Too bad its fictional and will never happen since Ferguson will be out by the end of this week. :D

Its crazy to see how many posters over there want the Laffs to loose so Maurice & Ferguson get the boot.

Edited by MTLHabs

I don't know, that could happen.

With the background the guy used, JFJ looks like some crazy lunatic who stole it. See the guy on the left giving him the " :huh: " look. The lady on the phone is probably saying "Keep talking, I need a reason to ignore this psycho in front of me"

I don't know, that could happen.

With the background the guy used, JFJ looks like some crazy lunatic who stole it. See the guy on the left giving him the " :huh: " look. The lady on the phone is probably saying "Keep talking, I need a reason to ignore this psycho in front of me"

LOL :clap:

Could it get any worse for the leefs?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=223757&hubname=nhl

Peddie: Hiring Ferguson was a mistake

"Let's face it. It probably was the wrong place for a rookie general manager to start. I mean, all GMs make mistakes, but they are not under the constant microscope and scrutiny that you have in Toronto, which is, in our opinion, the top hockey market there is".

leafs-suck.gif

Nelson-Ha-Ha.jpg

HA HA! :lol:

Along those lines there are some reports that the Leafs are hesitant to trade certain picks because they "may need those picks as compensation to essentially trade for a current GM."

From Eklund. Remember, it's just rumour

Does this mean they are going to get a rival Teams GM and give them draft picks for compensation to hire that guy? If they do this or if Ek is on to something I can't emphasize how STUPID this team is. I mean, even for the Leafs, this is off even their goof scale.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

From Eklund. Remember, it's just rumour

Does this mean they are going to get a rival Teams GM and give them draft picks for compensation to hire that guy? If they do this or if Ek is on to something I can't emphasize how STUPID this team is. I mean, even for the Leafs, this is off even their goof scale.

Why would a GM want to enter a situation with less draft picks?

Why would a GM want to enter a situation with less draft picks?

Such a thing is not unheard of in sports, but usually it involves coaches. The Chiefs gave the Jets a 4th rounder to get Herm Edwards and the Bucs gave the Raiders something like two 1sts and two 2nds for Jon Gruden.

Such a thing is not unheard of in sports, but usually it involves coaches. The Chiefs gave the Jets a 4th rounder to get Herm Edwards and the Bucs gave the Raiders something like two 1sts and two 2nds for Jon Gruden.

Yeah I understand for a coach but for a GM i just dont.

I didn't even know it was legal to trade GMs. But what JMMR is saying is true. Why would a GM turn down a 1-for-1 offer and ask for picks to be thrown in? he should ask for his current team to throw in picks, so he gets them after he swaps to the other side.

Leon Washington FTW!

what are we talking about here ? a team who might want to TRADE for JFJ ??!!!??! A team who might WANT JFJ ??!??!?!
It sounds like the Leafs want a "Yzerman" (example) but since he is on the Detroit staff, any talk the Leafs have with Yzerman would be considered tampering. It's the same as a team openly negotiating with a UFA before free agency begins. Thus, if this rumour is true; the leefs are attempting to trade away picks as compensation for tampering and/or to get Detroit's permission to hire a "Yzerman" or whoever. And JFJ is out of any job. Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

It sounds like the Leafs want a "Yzerman" (example) but since he is on the Detroit staff, any talk the Leafs have with Yzerman would be considered tampering. It's the same as a team openly negotiating with a UFA before free agency begins. Thus, if this rumour is true; the leefs are attempting to trade away picks as compensation for tampering and/or to get Detroit's permission to hire a "Yzerman" or whoever. And JFJ is out of any job.

OUFFF ok. Almost had an heart attack. but i was refering to BTH's post...

If the GM is bringing in crap players, a great coach is pretty much worthless

*Point to the Islanders*

I wouldnt be so quick to say that. Everyone placed them in the basement before the season started but Nolan's great coaching is helping them big time.