Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

They should it is an automatic 3 game suspension I believe.

I think that's what Markov got after doing the same thing after a Habs-Leafs game a couple of years ago. (The idiot ref deserved it though)

I don tthink that ferguson is the REAL problem is TO. Ok he's never going to blow you away on a trade but I'm sure even Sam Pollock couldn't be as productive in such an environment.

The management of the team is as dysfunctional as in the Ballard era.

I montreal you know the structure:

carbonneau

gainey

Boivin

Gillett.

how about TO?

Maurice

ferguson

petty and two other guys

Teacher mutual fund

school teachers.

as long as the structure of the team will be as blurred, Toronto will never be able to succeed.

Toronto has the same problem Montreal had in the 90s before Molson sold the team, idiotic corporate ownership who will never push the team to win. Plus just like in Montreal, they don't bring in good hockey people, just stooges. They had a chance to bring in Bowman, but he demanded a free hand and autonomy from the board's bean counters and 2nd guessers, they balked.

Unfortunately (but not for us lol) for Toronto, unlike Molson, the fund won't sell the leafs because they're a serious cash cow.

I don tthink that ferguson is the REAL problem is TO. Ok he's never going to blow you away on a trade but I'm sure even Sam Pollock couldn't be as productive in such an environment.

The management of the team is as dysfunctional as in the Ballard era.

I montreal you know the structure:

carbonneau

gainey

Boivin

Gillett.

how about TO?

Maurice

ferguson

petty and two other guys

Teacher mutual fund

school teachers.

as long as the structure of the team will be as blurred, Toronto will never be able to succeed.

I've heard the theory for awhile in these parts (near T.O.) that the majority owner (Ontario teacher's pension fund), or the ownership structure, is the problem. If any other owner provides all the money the organization wants and doesn't interfere in the running of the club, they're lauded as being an ideal owner (like Gillette).

Sure, the teacher's pension fund can be ultimately blamed for everything, but they're not the ones who hired and stubbornly stuck by JFJ even when it was apparent he was dropping the ball - Peddie is. Blame the board for putting Peddie in charge, I guess. And JFJ is the guy who traded quality picks and prospects for Raycroft, and then signed him to an absurd contract extension without needing to (after he was coming off a bad year in Boston.) He did the same with Toskala, although it's worked out somewhat better, but it was unnecessary. Did JFJ need to overpay for McCabe, Kubina, Antropov, Tucker, Domi, etc.? I don't think the teacher's board told him to do that.

If the teachers fund tells the team management that they need to make the playoffs in order to get a couple dates of playoff revenue (as is speculated sometimes), then that would be a valid criticism of them as owners. This would sacrifice long term planning in favour of short term stop gaps. However, I haven't heard of real evidence of this. Besides, there are other ways to try to make the playoffs then to overpay to keep players in Toronto, especially ones that aren't that good.

I think most of the blame CAN be laid at the feet of Ferguson. He was an inexperienced GM in this league coming in, and failed to grasp the implications of the new salary cap (namely, how amassing young, cheap talent through drafts or trades is the key to success).

Being a huge HABS fan, I just have to say that the losing skid the Leafs are on recently makes me feel sooooooo good inside! :clap:

We are winning (Sat loss to NY aside) and Maple Laughs can't even beat LA!

Times there are good! :lol:

Go Habs GO!

:hlogo:

I actually want the Leafs to win a few now... to prolong the JFJ agony for Laugh fans puke: and to make sure they don't get that 1st overall pick. I think 20th overall would do nicely :clap: :

I actually want the Leafs to win a few now... to prolong the JFJ agony for Laugh fans puke: and to make sure they don't get that 1st overall pick. I think 20th overall would do nicely :clap: :

Am I mistaken or didn't Toronto ditch there 1st for Toscala?

it was the 2007 1st round pick.... and the 2007 2nd round pick... and the 2009 4th round pick.

and the sharks drafted a pretty potent foward in Logan Couture

Yeah I wouldnt mind if they managed to beat the flyers or pens a few times?

Am I mistaken or didn't Toronto ditch there 1st for Toscala?

Simon ous says: I'm right.

Too much Jagr, Meister? :B)

Yeah but the only person I think would actually do anything is Scott Bowman and, as per usual Leaf style they burned that bridge.

I heard they might bring in Cliff Fletcher but big deal - besides '93 he did nothing for Toronto and did even worse for the Coyotes.

What? The leafs actually draft in the first round this year? C'mon Jr, you can trade that away before they axe you. Do your Dad proud! Am I the only person who thinks John Jr was raised a Habs fan and is enjoying taking them down from the inside ? I know my boy would do it in a heartbeat!

What? The leafs actually draft in the first round this year? C'mon Jr, you can trade that away before they axe you. Do your Dad proud! Am I the only person who thinks John Jr was raised a Habs fan and is enjoying taking them down from the inside ? I know my boy would do it in a heartbeat!

one last "F-you-Peddie" before stepping down!! :lol:

I heard the Leafs are looking to add possibly Cliff Fletcher as new GM - yeah he really set the Coyotes on fire when he was there :lol:

The older the better.

Edited by JMMR

Leafs suck so bad than even Samsonov score against them :lol::clap: