Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

I had forgotten about this. This happened at 2007 trade deadline:

MAPLE LEAFS GET

C Yanic Perreault, 2008 fifth-round pick.

COYOTES GET

D Brendan Bell, 2008 second-round pick.

HAHAHAHA - This is a deep draft and they are already down a pick. Sure they got a 5th in return but whoa....this team??? :lol:

So here's the deal for the Leafs the way I see it at this point.

Fisrt off you wait until trade deadline nears and see the standings.

If you are out of the race you sell big time. That is when you move Sundin, promising him he will be resigned in the summer so don't sell the house. If he is going to a team with a shot he would be wise to waive his no trade and go to a contender and have a shot at the cup before retiring. Come back to Toronto and play out his carreer while they rebuild. They should get Edmonton's pick for him giving them 2 top 5 if they blow the season and Edmonton continues as they are. Call this the start of a 5 year plan.

If they are remotely in the playoff hunt they will want to make they playoffs. They being the ownership. Big money to make it. They will probably be buyers, at least to the point of help to just limp in. Probably cost them picks or current young talent as they would need to keep Sundin. They would at best get in 8th and be blown out by Ottawa. Next season be in the same boat, with out the two top picks, looking to finish low to get Traveres. Start a 5 year plan.

This to me adds up to at least 5-6 more years of the leafs either sucking or at best being in a rebuilding mode.

Doesn't that make your day?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS HAVE TAKEN OUT THE JFJ TRASH

tr1oh6.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO - THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE HE WAS FIRED:

tr2fg6.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND NOW THE WAY IT IS AFTER HE WAS FIRED:

tr2mb8.jpg

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Here's an email exchange from a few days ago between me and my Leaf fan friend...

Me: "I'm torn. On one hand...I like seeing the Leafs lose. A lot. I like waking up in the morning knowing half of Toronto feels terrible, while I feel a-ok! I like seeing Leafs fans call for the head of everybody but Sundin. And I like seeing everyone saying, "Trade Sundin! Get good value!" and then watching Sundin say, "I don't want to be traded, and I have a No Trade Clause."

But on the other hand...if the Leafs lose enough...things might actually change. They might bring in a competent GM. They might remove Peddie, and replace him with a real hockey person. They might get a great draft pick. Old and decrepit UFA's might think twice about having their last, more than likely sub par, season while playing in Toronto.

What do I do? Guide me...what should I be hoping for?

My friend: "To answer your question, you should be hoping that McCabe's return will hareld the 'end times' as fortold in scripture, thus ending our long humiliation.

... and also the world.

Well, at least this is what I'm holding out for... but I'm what you'd call an optimist."

God I hope they make a drive for the playoffs under Fletch. If they show any potential over the next bit, say compete until the deadline, the ownership will stop thinking rebuild. Delay the inevitable 5 year rebuild and miss out on top picks in the next 2 drafts. If not I hope the get the bust players out of the top 5 in the next drafts having finished at the bottom of the pack twice.

God I hope they make a drive for the playoffs under Fletch.....and miss out on top picks in the next 2 drafts....
Certain fans in LeefNation are getting their hopes up to make the playoffs. He he, as far as I'm concerned for the exception of games versus Montreal, I hope they win a bunch and screw over potential Stamko's acquisitions :D T.O.'s magic number for the playoffs is .800 (based on a 95 point finish) :lol:

Another way of looking at this is that their doomed magic number is 12 points. So my Habs fan friends, with every OT loss they suffer - subtract 1. With every regulation loss - subtract 2. A 12 point loss at this point would mean the absolute best point total they could achieve is 95 points.

I'm stunned to think that these fans honestly believe they can go .800. :blink: The Red Wings don't even have a .8 record on the year. What makes Leefies think they can match the Wings output is beyond me. :wacko:

So, start counting - T-MINUS 12... :lol:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

ROTFLMAO!! :lol::lol::lol:

I love it!!

Lets put it in a Toronto Maple Leaf board and see all the "wonderful" reactions from Maple Laugh fans :clap:

Which Toronto Maple Leaf Board?

T.O.'s magic number for the playoffs is .800 (based on a 95 point finish)

My guess is that it'll take 93 points to make the playoffs. 95 might be a little too high!

Which Toronto Maple Leaf Board?

My guess is that it'll take 93 points to make the playoffs. 95 might be a little too high!

all I know is that we are in a good position right now regardless of where the cutoff is. Just Win.

Here's hoping Glen Healey and Don Cherry are named the Leafs' GM and coach for next season.

Oh man! That would be sweet!!!

.55 :clap:

I'm assuming that's considering a 1-1-1 record is .500?

So basically we need to play REALLY crap hockey to not make the playoffs, and the Leafs have to play REALLY good hockey to make it.

Probably true. I used 95 since the majority of analysts at the beeginning of the year and during most of the year stated that the parody of the league and the silly OT point might lead to 94 or 95 points as the cutoff.

parity

parity
Whooops :lol: @ me.

By the way. The true death number for T.O. = 16 points lost. They can only achieve 110 total points if they win their remaining 31 games. Based on the 95 point cutoff (which may be as low as 92) level, and taking into account that 110 - 16 = 94 you get the idea.

I still think their magic number is at 10 points lost. Let's face it. Losing 10 points spells doom doom doom anyway. Losing 20 is death for sure. A win loss record of 22-10-0 or any combination thereof is a disaster.

22-10-0?- good luck with that leeffs. :lol:

I was listening to sports radio this morning, and on came Don Cherry's 'Grapeline' feature, which is 5 minutes of him rambling/reminiscing interspersed with as many commercials as they can get away with (if you haven't heard it).

Don was talking about the '93 playoffs, and saying how the Leafs were screwed by the non-call when Gretzky cut Gilmour (the standard whining from Leafs fans). He then went on to say "the Leafs would've beat the Habs EASILY" if only they had managed to make it to the finals. What's worse - his sidekick Brian Williams actually agreed with him (I used to have respect for him)!

I shouldn't be surprised at anything that buffoon says, but I almost drove off the road when he said it. I still can't decide if it's amusing in a pathetic way that he might actually believe this, or if I'm just disgusted that he would so blatantly encourage and pander to the Leafs fans' delusions about that playoff run. But I'm leaning toward disgusted.

I was listening to sports radio this morning, and on came Don Cherry's 'Grapeline' feature, which is 5 minutes of him rambling/reminiscing interspersed with as many commercials as they can get away with (if you haven't heard it).

Don was talking about the '93 playoffs, and saying how the Leafs were screwed by the non-call when Gretzky cut Gilmour (the standard whining from Leafs fans). He then went on to say "the Leafs would've beat the Habs EASILY" if only they had managed to make it to the finals. What's worse - his sidekick Brian Williams actually agreed with him (I used to have respect for him)!

I shouldn't be surprised at anything that buffoon says, but I almost drove off the road when he said it. I still can't decide if it's amusing in a pathetic way that he might actually believe this, or if I'm just disgusted that he would so blatantly encourage and pander to the Leafs fans' delusions about that playoff run. But I'm leaning toward disgusted.

If he is whining about a playoffs thats over 15 years ago then I feel sorry for him. Like there hasnt been any injustice against the habs the last 100 years but I dont see anyone whining about something that happened that long ago.