GDT: October 29th, 2010 - Habs @ Islanders

bar

Good start by our boys so far! Keep it up boys. Don't even give the Isles a chance to get in this game! We gotta bury our chances!

There's as many people here as at the game.................. :lol:

Al's up 14 on TO as well.........

Yeehaa! Cahoon caught a td pass!

So because the refs blew the call in the leafs game that's the call of the week goalie interference.......................... :angry:

Do they have parades for that too? :rolleyes:

Happily take the 2 points, but not the best outing for the team. Thay just didn't seem to have the drive that they had in the last few starts. I hope that means they don't try and coast vs Fla. Auld was more than we could hope for. If he steps in like that every time Price needs a break we are laughing. Solid play for not seeing a game all season!

I missed the first two periods, any demotions, promotions, etc go on that I missed? Auld looked great in the third.

Same old, same old for demotions/benchings - Eller (8 mins), Darche, and Pouliot (basically that whole line) saw very limited time, Picard and Subban sat late as well as the team cut down on how many D were rolling.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/ES020137.HTM

Auld was terrific, justifiably the 1st star both officially and on HW, the latter being much more important of course. :)

I'm not denying your statement that Moen will start there but merely making the point that as we've all seen, whoever starts there isn't exclusive to that line...and usually doesn't last to the 3rd period.

As I see it, what we do on these boards is speculate on the rise and fall of OUR beloved Habs. I seek as much information as I can get. Personnally, I don't care who where it comes from or who gets it first. I just want to share anything I might know or think I know so fellow Habs fans can speculate with a little more precision. I hope other fans do the same. Starting line ups are what they are, starting line ups, and are changed on the fly right across the league, depending upon how they have been producing.

Auld looks like a clone of Price but with clumsier movements.

Maybe the result of goaltender coaching? Would make sense. I liked what I saw, he did what we need him to do.

Hope he is in the same form next time he gets a start.