GDT: November 16th, 2010 - Flyers @Habs

bar

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called this with my dad after they didn't call the Halpern hit.

This is all on the refs. They could have stopped this nonsense with a 5 minute penalty for a headshot.

Thornton got 5 and a game and a suspension for less than the Halpern hit.

Great game by the Habs.. timely goals, great goaltending, some nice defensive plays...

I can't believe they won all these tough games this past week.. I am prepared for them to now lose to a crap team, but it won't sting so bad seeing how well they passed this test.

playing their goons on the PP.. and it is smart coaching?? its goon coaching.. and there is the cross check from the goon.

Right now I am angry, so I would overpay for a Bieksa because we have ZERO guys who will hand that shit back to Philly.

Price has sent quite the statement to the fanbase with his first 17 games. This is the most dominant I have seen him

since the Bulldogs run in 2007.

Well, It was obvious that the Flyers were preparing our next game against them Next monday!

Nice to see Carey get another shutout!! Halak who???

Right now I am angry, so I would overpay for a Bieksa because we have ZERO guys who will hand that shit back to Philly.

Agreed! I hate the fact that nobody with teh exception of Lapierre dropped the gloves. Maybe it would be a good opportunity to call up Henry from AHmilton for the game in Phily next monday?

Gotta give Darche a little credit for not backing down and actually trying to step up for his teammates when the Flyers started gooning up. That's the type of little thing he's been bringing, even when he and his line aren't scoring. His 5 hits led all Habs tonight actually.

Statsheet: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/ES020255.HTM

Itts not Halak who.. unfortuantely, its Eller who.. I hope he pans out eventually, but he is not ready for the NHL right now.

Every night I see Laps or Moen on the 2nd line is frustrating.

Well, It was obvious that the Flyers were preparing our next game against them Next monday!

Nice to see Carey get another shutout!! Halak who???

Don't worry, they will 180 again at the drop of a hat. :)

I think Mcguire has it right.. its not about who they traded, only what they got back. So far, Eller is not as ready as I think they hoped. to me, that is how to eventually judge the trade, not how Price or Halak play for the next few years.

So far we are do amazingly well without Markov and without that 2nd line winger, but I am not sure how long that will last. We don't have much depth up front if Halpern is out a while.

If Markov is out a long time, maybe we can use the cap savings to get a forward. I am okay with Picard if Weber can be the 7th guy.

I love the medias 180 on Price so far.

Don't worry, they will 180 again at the drop of a hat. :)

I think Mcguire has it right.. its not about who they traded, only what they got back. So far, Eller is not as ready as I think they hoped. to me, that is how to eventually judge the trade, not how Price or Halak play for the next few years.

So far we are do amazingly well without Markov and without that 2nd line winger, but I am not sure how long that will last. We don't have much depth up front if Halpern is out a while.

If Markov is out a long time, maybe we can use the cap savings to get a forward. I am okay with Picard if Weber can be the 7th guy.

I don't think they expected him to be a top 6 in 2011 or they would be playing him as such.

The way they are handling him looks to me like they are trying to bring him along slowly. They are not reliant

on him to score or lead and seem to have put his future ahead of the present. He doesn't look out of place in the NHL,

he just doesn't look ready to be a top 6 yet IMO.

You need a strong defensive team to do that. Goaltending is all about positioning yourself for the next

save, without a strong recovery position you can't make important secondary saves.

Thomas on a bad team would give up a lot of goals diving back into position, with a good defensive

team you can compensate and only ask Thomas to make the first one. Same with Philly and Leighton

and it would seem with Bobrovsky.

This type of physical/dirty hockey is why they always beat us in the playoffs. Nobody on the Canadiens

is going to step up and play dirty hockey on the level of Powe, Carcillo and Hartnell. Those guys have zero

respect for the well being of other players. I am not a Lucic fan, but that guy finishes his checks with authority,

not this cheap headshot shit.

Here we go, the nonsense begins because the refs didn't do their ######ing job!

I don't want the habs to be dirty, but on plays like when Cammy took a shot and Bobby the goalie was covering it up outside the crease, Moen HAS to nail him to get back at the amount of crashing that the flyers were doing. That is what we NEED a guy like Moen to do. Seeing him let and just watch the goalie cover it up just pisses me off, considering the crap that guys like Hartnell were putting Price through.

I heard Carter left last nights game with an injury. Any word on that?

I had just resigned myslef to having missed the game and was cruising through page one of the thread.... when I realized....Canadiens EXPRESS!!--Yes! I get to see the game after all!

Go Habs GO! and I'll get to page 3 a little later! Yipee! (*WHo invented "yipee"? )

I had just resigned myslef to having missed the game and was cruising through page one of the thread.... when I realized....Canadiens EXPRESS!!--Yes! I get to see the game after all!

Go Habs GO! and I'll get to page 3 a little later! Yipee! (*WHo invented "yipee"? )

And I'm glad I did . WHat a nice skating club, and so quick on the offence.

I like this team beaucoup and I sure hope Halpern who has been great is ok.

Brother Andre please. ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl-286593

LOL. The Flyers whining about Subban and Lapierre?

They do realize they play with Pronger, Powe and Carcillo and have a laundry list of shit they have done themselves.

So a player who essentially tells them to go ###### themselves needs to give them respect after they embarrassed

themselves through 60 minutes trying to push the game back 35 years? Give me a break.

Pronger has 4-5 violent suspensions, Carcillo has been suspended numerous times, Hartnell bit Letang in a scrum

and Richards almost decapitated Booth with a blindside hit and they are talking about respect? Laughable.

This is a Quote from Wamsley's Link. It was made by Mike Richards.

Hopefully someone on their team addresses it, because, uh, I'm not saying I'm going to do it but something might happen to him of he continues to be that cocky."

This is why I think we do need some bigger guys on this team. Richards basically threatened Subban, and the NHL will do absolutely nothing about this. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the goons on the Flyers cheap shot Subban and see our prized rookie miss many games cause of that cheap shot!

I think we need to call up A. Henry and whomever else can help us for next monday.

Maybe someone should get Richards for all the dirty hits he has made, clearly showing he is both cocky and has a lack of respect for others. He said some shit to PK last night and pick threw a punch. So maybe Richards should keep his mouth shut..

By the way, I have still heard nothing about the league looking at the Halpern hit.. they better after all the suspensions they have been handing out.

We have some money now that Markov is out.. let's spend 500K and bring in a goon, just for next monday...