GDT: Habs vs Flyers, December 15th, 2010

bar

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to come back... now let's see if they can win this in regulation.. momentum is all theirs now.

Too bad. But c'est la vie. It'll be tough to score now.

Good team those Flyersl.

Great game

Go Habs Go

We have no answer for the Flyers. And after saturdays embarassment, I expected more. We're close to 8th place.

I think that's being a little harsh, I thought it was a very exciting, hard fought game. The Habs shot themselves in the foot, but I loved the never-say-die attitude the team showed in the 3rd, even after Philly made it 5-3. The Flyers aren't slouches, they had their 'A-' game with them tonight and Montreal brought their 'B+' one. Tied late in the 3rd, just didn't go Montreal's way, it easily could have though.

As for being closer to 8th, that's true but the other way to look at it is this - with a win tomorrow, the Habs can double their division lead. Could be worse.

My 3 Stars for the night, plus a lengthier recap than I usually write: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2307

I didn't watch the last 3 games, but is AK46 playing THAT bad ?? And Darche THAT well ? I mean, playing Darche on the PP over your most offensive skilled forward... Is he that bad ?

Darche goes to the net. AK46 has no goals in 7.

Defensive zone absolutely pathetic. Turnovers and hangign the golaie out to dry all night.

They played hard though.

Gomez line looked pretty good.

The best I have seen Gomez play all year. Max Pax looked good out there. Played with a lot of pause. I also liked the idea of playing Pouliot with Plex and Cam in the 3rd period. All in all, a few mistakes were enough for the Flyers to steal the game. IMO, the Habs played hard enough to get at least a point, but the puck did not roll in their favor. Let's hope that we will have a better outing in our zone tonight. As for the offense, I believe that Martin has better tools with Pax in the line-up.

Just a word about Subban: what a player he will become one he will have learned a few tricks defensively. When you watch him rushing like last night, you understand why people have fell in love with this young man. He has so much enthusiasm. Let's hope that he will mature properly in Montreal.

I didn't watch the last 3 games, but is AK46 playing THAT bad ?? And Darche THAT well ? I mean, playing Darche on the PP over your most offensive skilled forward... Is he that bad ?

The coach doesn't have much options to send a message to a player. PP minutes are quality minutes. If you don't deserve them, you don't get them. Obviously, Martin thinks that AK46 is not giving his best right now.

Subban is a rookie... what is Spacek's excuse.. there is is.. behind again on a brutal give away.

Spacek was on the ice for almost 22 min, he had a low fuel tank during the 3rd

Hammer with costly brain fart mistake; clearing the puck to the middle and behind his sight of the game instead of to the side (late in game over 23 min and you make mistakes)

Subban's mistake I can live with cause he's a rookie