GDT: HABS vs PENS Mar 12 2:00 PM Puck Drop

kenadian

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooke - what a douche bag - solid clean hit and he goes after weber :angry:

Weber should have gotten called for that. Don't think the player had the puck. Having said that, why is Cooke trying to fight with Weber. Too worried about fighting someone his own size?

its amazing.. PK had nothing to do with that mess.. if anything, they should be made at weber... but they are booing PK. Seriously..is it racism, or just.. lets boo PK, everyone else does.

its amazing.. PK had nothing to do with that mess.. if anything, they should be made at weber... but they are booing PK. Seriously..is it racism, or just.. lets boo PK, everyone else does.

In this case, I think it's just a case of people booing one of our top players to take him off his game. Like Montreal fans regularly do with Pronger or Chara. Speaking of which, imagine to loudness of the boos next time Chara comes to town....

In this case, I think it's just a case of people booing one of our top players to take him off his game. Like Montreal fans regularly do with Pronger or Chara. Speaking of which, imagine to loudness of the boos next time Chara comes to town....

For sure. I've read that bruins fans take that as our intense hatred for Chara, which it never was, but might become now. That from a city that chants "Jeter sucks". A player who is a hall of famer, and has never even received a parking ticket.

We have been penalized with no one touching the puck, just both guys on the ice in front of the bench. The puck went off his skate right to the guy coming on. both were 5 to 10 feet from the bench... that is definitely too many men.

But with the Hab shooting the puck initially, the Pens didn't actually play it. We may have gotten burned with this call, but that one, in my eyes, wasn't a penalty.

Wow.. Ron wilson.. what a moron.. he is comparing what happen to Pacs to getting hit by a puck.. just wow...

I agree with one thing, we don't need to change the rules for this. Just start suspending guys for taking cheap shots on guys that end up in injuries. Chara did not rub out a player with a body check, he shoved a guy not in the play from behind into the available hard object...

The whole discussion of this hit really comes down to that.. the apologist keep saying this was a clean check, while the video clearly shows it was A) interference, B) completely unnecessary due to the way the play was, and C) not a check ,but a shove with arm extension to the back of the player.

I don't think I am even going to watch the CBC tonight.. they are lining up that this was some kind of unpreventable accident on a good play.:(

Wow.. Ron wilson.. what a moron.. he is comparing what happen to Pacs to getting hit by a puck.. just wow...

I agree with one thing, we don't need to change the rules for this. Just start suspending guys for taking cheap shots on guys that end up in injuries. Chara did not rub out a player with a body check, he shoved a guy not in the play from behind into the available hard object...

The whole discussion of this hit really comes down to that.. the apologist keep saying this was a clean check, while the video clearly shows it was A) interference, B) completely unnecessary due to the way the play was, and C) not a check ,but a shove with arm extension to the back of the player.

I don't think I am even going to watch the CBC tonight.. they are lining up that this was some kind of unpreventable accident on a good play.:(

I'm not surprised that was the same comparision that the idiot calgary announcers were using. The habs hater Peter Maher said the MaxPac hit was a hockey hit and brought up that Daymond Lankow got hit with a puck and that was also unfortuante, but is a hockey hit. I can't belive that friggin loser got inducted in the hockey hall of fame.

In this case, I think it's just a case of people booing one of our top players to take him off his game. Like Montreal fans regularly do with Pronger, Chara, Lucic, Hartnell, Crosby, Komisarek, Phaneuf, Neil, Alfredsson, Tucker, Ribeiro, Brière, Brisebois, Bettman. Speaking of which, imagine to loudness of the boos next time Chara comes to town....

Fixed.

A good bounce back game for the Habs. They didnt play great, but they got the job done. They played well defensively. Good game by Price. Would of been a different score without him in the game.

It was easy to see that the players did not have their heart to the game against the Blues. Today's game was completely different. Very good effort, excellent discipline.

We have 83 points in the bank. 88 points should be enough to clinch a play-off spot. It would be nice to finish 4th or 5th.

We now have 83 points on the year. There are 13 games left in the season. 6 of those games will be played at home, a place in which we are 21-8-6 on the year. In the seasons since the lockout to get into the playoffs the teams have had to get, 92pts (2006), 92pts (2007), 94pts (2008), 93pts (2009), and 88pts (2010). I figure we will need to get somewhere in the 90 point range to get in. We basically only need 4 wins to get in to the playoffs or 3 wins and an OT loss would do. We are def'n in good shape.

Edited by Habsfan84

We now have 83 points on the year. There are 13 games left in the season. 6 of those games will be played at home, a place in which we are 21-8-6 on the year. In the seasons since the lockout to get into the playoffs the teams have had to get, 92pts (2006), 92pts (2007), 94pts (2008), 93pts (2009), and 88pts (2010). I figure we will need to get somewhere in the 90 point range to get in. We basically only need 4 wins to get in to the playoffs or 3 wins and an OT loss would do. We are def'n in good shape.

90 points at the most.