GDT: LIGHTNING vs HABS Mar 17 7:30PM Puck Drop

kenadian

I know. But blow it dead when it happens. At hab29retired said, that was going on for a while. If you're going to call both, blow it dead then and there, don't wait for one to go over the top and then give both a penalty.

Totally agree that refs should have given double minors 30 secs earlier. But saying that Subban received a 2-minutes-for-getting-slashed call is pushing it...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree that refs should have given double minors 30 secs earlier. But saying that Subban received a 2-minutes-for-getting-slashed call is pushing it...

A little sarcasm in how I phrased that, yet somewhat true in the sense that on the play that was called (Lecavalier's slash), Subban didn't do anything leading to the whistle being blown. If we're being picky (and evidently I am having typed this), if what Subban did prior to the final slash didn't warrant a penalty then (the whistle wasn't blown when we all agree it should have), why did it after the fact?

Let's try this again after the site died shortly after I posted. Gionta went down late in the frame, it continues...as does this thunderstorm that keeps shaking my house. Always fun watching a hockey game when the bed that doesn't vibrate starts vibrating along with the rest of the house.

Good Job Gomez of not clearing that puck! He had the puck and he was all alone. All he had to do was clear it, but he can't even do that! I've tried to be patient with Gomez, but not only does he not score, he can't even do the little things right!

that is all on Pouliot.. stupid late hit when you already have a penalty.. bench him.

Yep -he takes more dumb penalties then anyone else. The only one worse for these kind of penalties was Gomez and he hasn't taken anything dumb like this for a while.

It really sucks when being understaffed the team battles and gets the lead and could lose the two points by just a bonehead play :angry:

Looks like Roloson stopped that one with his mouth.

need to take a shot like that on Chara!

need to take a shot like that on Chara!

I didn't know that Gomer could actually shoot a puck with accuracy. Guess we have another ace up our sleeve.

Unless he was aiming for the bottom left corner.....then nevermind.

Dawes-Gionta-Desharnais... those must be the shortest shootout combination in NHL history

Dawes-Gionta-Desharnais... those must be the shortest shootout combination in NHL history

+ Cammalleri !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOAAAAAL

Seeing as 9 of our regulars were out of this game, I have to admit I'm impressed by our Bulldogs!! Great job! Tomorrow's game will be tougher! Hopefully Plex, Halpern and Gill will be back!

Happy that the Habs got the two points. Unhappy that the Lightning were even able to get a point. I'm still upset about the Pouliot penalty. They missed one on the Lightning when they hooked Pouliot and then called one on him right after. I do blame Pouliot for the late hit though, stupidity in a very important game.