GDT: Thrashers @ Canadiens, Mar. 29, 2011

bar

He's paired with Mara and has played over 1:30 on the PP so far.

That is only because of the last PP.. Wiz and Hammer are over 4 minutes. Mara actually has more PP time then Subban..

I for one don't understand why it is not Wiz and PK on the first unit. If not, then get Hammer to short shift it.

That is only because of the last PP.. Wiz and Hammer are over 4 minutes. Mara actually has more PP time then Subban..

I for one don't understand why it is not Wiz and PK on the first unit. If not, then get Hammer to short shift it.

2 right hand shots, they've struggled when paired together in the past. Also leaves nothing for the 2nd wave (Hamrlik/Mara isn't exactly inspiring much fear).

Mara and anyone doesn't inspire any fear on the PP..

The least they can do is alternate wiz and PK then. At least he got Plek off the damn point.

2 right hand shots, they've struggled when paired together in the past. Also leaves nothing for the 2nd wave (Hamrlik/Mara isn't exactly inspiring much fear).

Young ref screwed both calls. First, Subban for diving was a joke.. Then it was his call on the high stick. You could see McCreary (who was at the other end) if anyone saw it... they wouldn't reverse the call).

The quality of reffing in this league is awful. I am at the point I want a coaches challenge on plays that result in a goal.

Young ref screwed both calls. First, Subban for diving was a joke.. Then it was his call on the high stick. You could see McCreary (who was at the other end) if anyone saw it... they wouldn't reverse the call).

The quality of reffing in this league is awful. I am at the point I want a coaches challenge on plays that result in a goal.

He dove. Hainsey did not actually grab him, his hand was barely on his shoulder. Scott Gomez was even making fun of him in the penalty box!

His stick was wrapped around him and then he was pushed... the slow mo shot I saw sure looked like a clear hook to a guy going hard...

Gomez was not making fun of him.. he was laughing.. but that could just as easily be at the refs for the bonehead call.

Nothing compared to the botch job on the high stick... fortunately, the Habs hung on for the win.

He dove. Hainsey did not actually grab him, his hand was barely on his shoulder. Scott Gomez was even making fun of him in the penalty box!

His stick was wrapped around him and then he was pushed... the slow mo shot I saw sure looked like a clear hook to a guy going hard...

Gomez was not making fun of him.. he was laughing.. but that could just as easily be at the refs for the bonehead call.

Nothing compared to the botch job on the high stick... fortunately, the Habs hung on for the win.

It was a weak hooking call that looked awesome with Subban's diving prowess. I scored him a 5.0 for that baby.

Sorry to see Carey's shutout buster come from such a badly missed call on the highstick to Gill. The make up call a few seconds later was funny too. I saw that one coming. At least they gave the make up call. Cammelerri is so bad against the boards. That tire in the commercial must be made of styrofoam. No way he is strong enough to budge it.

He definitely embellished it, Kane laughed as well.

The problem was that he was being hooked for 3-4 seconds and probably would have got the call had he not dove.

I'm such a slut. I'll take the two points any old time... :clap:

But even when we get blown out... I'm STILL not a Leaf fan...life is good... :blink:

Edited by Toronthab

Mike's 3 Stars are now on the site: http://www.habsworld...cle.php?id=2439

Good piece, Michael. Had I written the article, I would have said the same about AK46. For him to be out in the final 90 seconds of the game speaks to both his level of play last night and J.M's confidence in him. Love how he got knocked down 2-3 times but didn't back down. (Although I wish he'd drive the net a touch more)

Edited by l.moustakas

For those curious after my note the other night about the faceoffs between Plekanec and Halpern, it was 23-2 for Plekanec last night. If nothing else, Plekanec won 15 of his 23, keeping pace with his better than average home success rate.