Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

2 Hab kids on WJC list of 45

Quebec

UPDATE 

Hockey Canada has unveiled the list of 45 players currently in their plans for the 2024 World Junior Hockey Championship and two CH hopefuls are on it: Owen Beck and Cedrick Guindon. 

Hockey Canada normally hosts a summer camp, but that wasn't the case this year. Instead, the organization held virtual meetings with players on their under-17 and under-20 schedules.

5 hours ago, DON said:

2 Hab kids on WJC list of 45

Quebec

UPDATE 

Hockey Canada has unveiled the list of 45 players currently in their plans for the 2024 World Junior Hockey Championship and two CH hopefuls are on it: Owen Beck and Cedrick Guindon. 

Hockey Canada normally hosts a summer camp, but that wasn't the case this year. Instead, the organization held virtual meetings with players on their under-17 and under-20 schedules.

I like Beck a lot

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I like Beck a lot

There is a lot to like about Beck. You would think he is almost a slam dunk to make the Canadian junior team this year especially since he was the first one called up when they had an injury last year and acquitted himself very well.  

Bunch prospects, not quite as promising as Beck.

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: The Long Shots (54-41) (habseyesontheprize.com)

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: The Projects (40-33) (habseyesontheprize.com)

On #34 Tuch;

"This is one of the lowest spots a player selected by Montreal in the first or second round has ranked in the 14-year history of this series. Only Joni Ikonen (35 in 2020) and Dalton Thrower (38 in 2016) have ever ranked lower."

17 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Hutson on the top pairing for USA White in their first game of the WJSS.  Fowler got the start for USA Blue against Sweden and...let's just say it didn't go very well (7 GA).

I don’t see Fowler on the picture , am I missing something ?

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I don’t see Fowler on the picture , am I missing something ?

There are 2 US teams - Hutson is on USA White, Fowler is on USA Blue.  The lines were from Team White.

• Upvote 1

Better looking group.

Kinda guessing Norlinder's future isnt on the Habs and am in this crowd i guess.

"...seen as more of an afterthought in the Laval Rocket's impressive staple of young talent."

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: The Near Misses (32-26) (habseyesontheprize.com)

World Junior Summer Showcase: Top performers from Day 1 - Daily Faceoff

USA White

#20 Lane Hutson, D (Montreal Canadiens): I don’t want you to get too excited, Canadiens fans… but Hutson looked fantastic. His work to set up the first American goal was pretty, and then he followed that up by beating top 2024 draft prospect Aron Kiviharju with a great rush up the ice. If this is a sign of things to come over the next week, watch out.

image.png

Heineman supposedly has an awesome shot, a nice skill to have for sure.

Will injuries give him a chance for a Habs debut this season.

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: #21 Emil Heineman (habseyesontheprize.com)

Montreal Canadiens Top Prospects: 2023 TSP (lastwordonsports.com)

Silly stuff with Lane Hutson

How will this fellow do this year?

A strong defensive d-man who can skate pretty well. A Pezzetta-chance to make it i would guess, maybe 3rd pairing PK guy, but seems unlikely.

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: #22 Jayden Struble (habseyesontheprize.com)

"...he will need to find a balance between that pacified approach and the overaggressive moments..."

World Junior Summer Showcase: Team USA Top Performers Led By Hutson, Nazar - FloHockey

3 hours ago, DON said:

How will this fellow do this year?

A strong defensive d-man who can skate pretty well. A Pezzetta-chance to make it i would guess, maybe 3rd pairing PK guy, but seems unlikely.

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: #22 Jayden Struble (habseyesontheprize.com)

"...he will need to find a balance between that pacified approach and the overaggressive moments..."

Barring injuries, likely more seasoning in Laval with a possible 6/7 rotation role late in the season or in 24/25 if earned.

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Barring injuries, likely more seasoning in Laval with a possible 6/7 rotation role late in the season or in 24/25 if earned.

He is LH d-man, and with Xhekaj, Guhle, Matheson, Hutson, Engstrom, Harris i kinda doubt he will ever play with Habs barring lots injuries or trades.

1 minute ago, DON said:

He is LH d-man, and with Xhekaj, Guhle, Matheson, Hutson, Engstrom, Harris i kinda doubt he will ever play with Habs barring lots injuries or trades.

"if earned"

2 minutes ago, DON said:

And i dont think he is that good, but a scout i aint.:spamafote:

Wasn't projecting ... a possible 6/7 rotation D reflects that I also have little if any expectations for him.

If he or WiFi could play the right-side it would be a punishing 3rd pairing ... if earned 😉