Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

2 minutes ago, DON said:

It was all about; well he is 238lbs and has played vs men and shone already, so we can get him some experience and sheltered minutes in NHL and hope for best.

Seems few (none?) #1 picks do go the AHL route (just flipping through last bunch of years anyways), although Lafreniere and couple others maybe should of?

They could always have sent him to the CHL, let him dominate in is age group while learning to play on North American ice. The NHL should have been the last choice.

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

Management has said that they are worried about some AHLers taking runs at them to make a name for themselves, get attention, and be the guy who injured a first overall pick, and that he actually faces more issues playing in the AHL than the NHL. 

I don't know if they are right, but at least there is logic to it. 

That does make sense to me. Guys in the AHL are always trying to do something to get noticed. 

Norlinder out, Lindstrom in?

image.png

12 hours ago, DON said:

Both the #2 & #6 picks played in AHL and did pretty good, without getting beat up or run through the end boards.

I still think he should of been in the AHL last year, at least for a stint. But he was the new shiny toy and Habs mgmt followed old playbook by rushing the kid, it seems.

100% agreed

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Norlinder out, Lindstrom in?

image.png

Doubt there is a direct relationship between the two ... I don't think Norlinder was in their plans this year anyway.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

image.png

He didn't even include HIMSELF on the list????????
😜

4 minutes ago, DON said:

I'll repeat it again, I like Beck a lot! 🤪

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Id rather have Beck in the OHL.

Of course is where he is playing junior (given he cant play AHL), is no room anyways.

Just meant hope he really shines and stands out.

54 minutes ago, DON said:

Of course is where he is playing junior (given he cant play AHL), is no room anyways.

Just meant hope he really shines and stands out.

Agreed, he is not ready for professional hockey yet. But I can't wait to see how well he does at camp.

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Agreed, he is not ready for professional hockey yet. But I can't wait to see how well he does at camp.

Another year in junior is best but he is very close to making it given his maturity and ability to play both ends of the ice. 

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Another year in junior is best but he is very close to making it given his maturity and ability to play both ends of the ice. 

Let's see how he does in his Junior team's playoffs

Well, how will Roy's game translate to pros?

Too slow, or too soft, or will he be a PPG guy in Laval and get a look with big team come March?

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: #9 Joshua Roy (habseyesontheprize.com)

"Though his skating is better than it was two years ago, it remains an area that could prove problematic for him at the NHL level. His speed has gotten better, and it has positively impacted his transition game in junior, but there is a gulf between the QMJHL and professional hockey that he needs to cross."

2 hours ago, DON said:

Well, how will Roy's game translate to pros?

Too slow, or too soft, or will he be a PPG guy in Laval and get a look with big team come March?

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: #9 Joshua Roy (habseyesontheprize.com)

"Though his skating is better than it was two years ago, it remains an area that could prove problematic for him at the NHL level. His speed has gotten better, and it has positively impacted his transition game in junior, but there is a gulf between the QMJHL and professional hockey that he needs to cross."

That's the big question, will his game translate to the pros? It seems Roy will either be top 6 or he won't make it as his game doesn't really translate to a bottom 6 whereas a guy like Beck can play a lot of different roles. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That's the big question, will his game translate to the pros? It seems Roy will either be top 6 or he won't make it as his game doesn't really translate to a bottom 6 whereas a guy like Beck can play a lot of different roles. 

Totally disagree. 

Roy was one of the best PKers in the QMJHL last year, and was a top PKer and defensive forward in both years he was on Team Canada at the world juniors.

Obviously there is a jump to the AHL and then the NHL and he may not do it as a rookie, but there is no reason to say he is top 6 or bust.  He is on a path where he could be on a third line and play a PK role with time.  His defensive game has vastly improved since his draft year. 

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Totally disagree. 

Roy was one of the best PKers in the QMJHL last year, and was a top PKer and defensive forward in both years he was on Team Canada at the world juniors.

Obviously there is a jump to the AHL and then the NHL and he may not do it as a rookie, but there is no reason to say he is top 6 or bust.  He is on a path where he could be on a third line and play a PK role with time.  His defensive game has vastly improved since his draft year. 

Fair enough, I have probably underestimated his defensive game. 

Volokhin (5th rd) already has 5 starts in MHL pre-season

MHL Pre-season Total:
5    8    358:20    135    5-1-0    1,34    0,941

Konysuhkov (20 yr old 4th rd d-man) 2 KHL pre-season games 1a

Engstrom 2 SHL pre-season gms 0pts

Eriksson (6th rd Centre) 1 SHL pre-season game, he plays again today.

39 games 15g 48pts, what will he do to follow that up, a hobey baker trophy, then help Laval in the playoffs next spring?

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: #6 Lane Hutson (habseyesontheprize.com)

1st game of his season...i think?

HC Lugano vs EHC Kloten 1:30 pm (Biasca, Switzerland)

David Reinbacher -

6 hours ago, DON said:

39 games 15g 48pts, what will he do to follow that up, a hobey baker trophy, then help Laval in the playoffs next spring?

2023 Montreal Canadiens Top 25 Under 25: #6 Lane Hutson (habseyesontheprize.com)

1st game of his season...i think?

HC Lugano vs EHC Kloten 1:30 pm (Biasca, Switzerland)

David Reinbacher -

Hopefully he puts on a minimum 10 of weight. Future top pairing player? His development has been exciting to follow.

Only the Montreal Canadiens — with Owen Beck, Sean Farrell, and Filip Mesar — and the Columbus Blue Jackets — with Adam Fantilli, Denton Mateychuk, and Stanislav Svozil — have three prospects participating in the showcase.

Participants revealed for the NHLPA/Upper Deck Rookie Showcase (nhlentrydraft.com)

Kapanen 1g 2a in 6 Pre-season Liiga gms

Nurmi 5a in 5 pre-season Liiga gms

Engstrom 0pt 4 pre-season SHL gms

Eriksson 2a in 6 gms overall

Kostenko 1g 3 KHL gms

Rohrer 2a 5 Swiss gms