Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Prospect Minded: Adam Engström and his SHL development - EOTP (habseyesontheprize.com)

"When Eyes On The Prize spoke with Engström after Wednesday’s practice (an interview conducted in Swedish), he was keen to point out that “I have become stronger defensively, and since the season hasn’t gone the way we expected I have had to play more defensive as well. Defence is the first step, and then the offence will come secondary. I have mainly worked on my positioning, the work along the boards and in front of the net, and I think there are clear results in these areas.”

17 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Isn't Michkov a Flyer prospect or am I missing something here. 

My bad ... original post deleted ... BRAIN CRAMP ... for some reason was thinking of the D they drafted last summer.

How will he do when he turns pro in the spring, assume he signs as soon as NCAA season over, too bad Laval/Habs wont make the playoffs?

Seems like a Caufield and such a smart player with the puck (his defending still work in progress for sure).

No. 9/8 BU Edged in Overtime by No. 3/4 North Dakota, 5-4 - Boston University Athletics (goterriers.com)

On 11/3/2023 at 9:48 AM, DON said:

Beck 1g (6) GWG 6 shots

Mesar 1g(2) 2 shots

Bogdan 1a

Eriksson healthy scratch

Tuch? Looks better due to his new elite linemate seems likely i am assuming.

https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/avez-vous-oublie-luke-tuch-1.17473170

Perhaps the linemates have helped - but I’m telling ya - the game I saw him play in person vs Notre Dame … he stood out. Not cuz I was looking for him, but because of his play. Id see a smart play, good traffic in front of the net, a hard hit … and often it was Tuch!  I didn’t think much of him, until I saw that game. 

• Like 1

Mesar 0g2a (and third star) in 5-4 win. Now nine points in five game since he was sent back to the OHL. it's still very early, but it looks like they made the right call sending him back to Kitchener.

Chasing that Hobey Baker award.:nuts:

(but teammate Macklin Celebrini has 14pts in 8 games and likely end up with alot of points this year)

AMESBURY, Mass. - For the second time this season, sophomore defenseman Lane Hutson of the Boston University men's ice hockey team has been named Hockey East Player of the Week, the league announced on Monday.

Hutson Named Hockey East Player of the Week - Boston University Athletics (goterriers.com)

BC has some nice players as well.

Smith/Perreault/Leonard starting off well.

image.png

Mesar 0pts vs Guindon 0pts but 5/6 on faceoffs, late 1st period.

Mesar 1g2a vs Guindon 0pts late 3rd.

Mesar 10pts in 6gms.

Miller seeing some rubber; 42 shots 4g, start of 3rd period

1 hour ago, DON said:

Mesar 0pts vs Guindon 0pts but 5/6 on faceoffs, late 1st period.

Mesar 1g2a vs Guindon 0pts late 3rd.

Mesar 10pts in 6gms.

Mesar is actually at 3g+9a in 6 games: two points/game is pretty decent, I think.

Don't rely on the OHL stats totals until well after the game as they update them throughout (with some kind of delay).

Xhekaj 1g(5) 5 shots end of 2nd

Beck 0pts 2 shots 9/11 on FO vs Mesar 0pts 

Guindon 1a end 2nd 2 shots 12/18 on FO

Miller 2g 18 shots end 2nd

Fowler 1g 23shots end 2nd

Roy seems to be saying all the right things as well as producing.

Rocket: Well aware of this stage in his development, Joshua Roy doesn't want to rush anything | RDS

"All the guys on any team, I think, have dominated in junior. You have to accept your role, which won't be the same as with your junior team. That role must be respected. We have a lot of good veterans for that as well," naming Gabriel Bourque and Philippe Maillet among them to help him in the transition."

Edited by DON
wrong thread i see

1 hour ago, DON said:

Mesar producing at better rate this year.

How will he look at world juniors, he turns 20 Jan 3, assume eligible?

Canadiens: Filip Mesar Catching Fire With OHL's Rangers (awinninghabit.com)

Kitchener’s 18yo goalie (Jackson Parsons) went undrafted with this year but might be getting selected next year: .924 and four shutouts in 13 games so far.

21 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Kitchener’s 18yo goalie (Jackson Parsons) went undrafted with this year but might be getting selected next year: .924 and four shutouts in 13 games so far.

Was he eligible?   Doesn't turn 18 until January15, 2024.

Decent size for a 17+ yr-old ... 6'3", 184 lbs