Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

12 hours ago, DON said:

Guindon, does he have much hope of world junior invite again?

He might get an invite to camp (it depends on how many extras they want to bring) but I'd be surprised if he makes it.  There aren't going to be many Hab prospects at the WJCs this year.  (It doesn't help that Austria isn't in the tournament.)

12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He might get an invite to camp (it depends on how many extras they want to bring) but I'd be surprised if he makes it.  There aren't going to be many Hab prospects at the WJCs this year.  (It doesn't help that Austria isn't in the tournament.)

Beck, Mesar, Hutson, Fowler?

2 hours ago, DON said:

Beck, Mesar, Hutson, Fowler?

Pretty much (and even Beck isn't a guarantee; lots have him as a 4C at best on projected depth charts).  There's a scenario where Eriksson makes SWE as a 13th F but it'd take a few injuries for that to happen.

Flint Firebirds 4 vs. Peterborough Petes 1

..."Montreal Canadiens prospect Owen Beck used his powerful shot to put home the Petes only goal of the game."

Beck 1g (14) 3 shots 23/29, 3rd star of game.

Engstrom 1a 22:11

Northeastern University at Boston College 7:00 pm

Jacob Fowler -

Boston University at Merrimack College 7:30 pm

Lane Hutson -
Luke Tuch -

EHC Kloten at EV Zug 1:45 pm

David Reinbacher -

Niagara IceDogs at Kitchener Rangers 7:00 pm

Filip Mešár -

Brantford Bulldogs at Sarnia Sting 7:05 pm

Florian Xhekaj -

Habs Prospects

55 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Are you saying that you like Beck?

now that you ask, it gives me a chance to share how much I like that draft pick by HughGort. It reconciles me with the universe 

Seeing him do well reminds me of Suzuki’s last OHL season and makes me excited for the future of the club.

or more briefly: YES 

Guindon 2g 5 shots 13/20 2nd star

Beck 1g 6 shots 9/20

Hutson 1a 2 shots

Tuch 1a 8 shots

Fowler 1g 25shots W

image.png

CHL Team of the Month presented by CCM: November 2023 | Canadian Hockey League

F – Filip Mešár (Kitchener Rangers / OHL)
10G-12A, 22 PTS, +9 in 13 GP in November

Alongside his teammate Carson Rehkopf, Montreal Canadiens prospect Filip Mešár of the No.4-ranked Kitchener Rangers led all OHL skaters with 22 points over the month of November. Those 22 points also ranked tied for fourth among any player in the CHL. Ultimately, the 19-year-old from Spisska Bela, Slovakia, recorded at least a point in 10 of 13 games in November, including registering seven multi-point contests. One of those games saw Mešár score his first career OHL hat-trick on November 21 in a 10-3 Kitchener win against the Erie Otters. The 2022 first-round pick of the Montreal Canadiens also tallied five power-play goals over the last month, which was one shy of the best mark in the OHL for November. Selected ninth overall in the 2021 CHL Import Draft, Mešár is now averaging 1.73 points per game during the 2023-24 campaign, which matches the highest mark of any player in the OHL this season.

• Upvote 1

Beck 0pts 5 shots

Guindon 1g2a 5 shots (tied 22nd in OHL scoring)

Mesar 1a 2 shots (tied 3rd in points/game)

Miller 6g on 23 shots, pulled early 2nd.

Pulled the last 2 games, giving up 10g on the last 43 shots

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Beck 0pts 5 shots

Guindon 1g2a 5 shots (tied 22nd in OHL scoring)

Mesar 1a 2 shots (tied 3rd in points/game)

Miller 6g on 23 shots, pulled early 2nd.

Pulled the last 2 games, giving up 10g on the last 43 shots

:ph34r: Miller is trending to become a typical Habs goalie not named Price... :ph34r:

Joking aside, I am optimistic and happy with the prospects in the system, it is good that they go through some struggles as they develop.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

:ph34r: Miller is trending to become a typical Habs goalie not named Price... :ph34r:

Joking aside, I am optimistic and happy with the prospects in the system, it is good that they go through some struggles as they develop.

People forget that Patrick Roy's Sv% in his three QMJHL seasons was .842, .863 and .872 ... sometimes it is good for a goalie to get peppered with rubber ... Quebec has gone from an .801 and eventual Memorial Cup Champion to a .407 team this season ... wonder if a Q-contender that needs goaltending will trade for Miller this season?

BTW - ***** NOT ***** predicting even that Miller will become Patrick Roy, or even an NHL goalie ... but he might.

Even Price has struggles and didnt make the WJC team at the  same age as Miller, and thats a 5th overall pick vs 128 (and the second goalie the Habs even drafted last year).

This isnt to say Miller will be Price, but just that young goalies are voodoo and you need to wait it out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Commandant said:

This isnt to say Miller will be Price, but just that young goalies are voodoo and you need to wait it out.

Right. Dobes should be good but currently struggling in Laval. Vrbetic should be at least an AHL goalie but is getting used to the men's game in the ECHL for now. And could Primeau still put his game together? Maybe, although he has less time than the others.

Goalies are voodoo, as Commandant says, and their progress is often very much not linear.

As a collective, we have watched enough games to be able to form an opinion on goalies instead of copping out with the voodoo argument 

Right now, Primeau is as inconsistent as Montembeault was when he was picked by the Habs. Combative, showing good athleticism and most of the time using good technique. But he needs to play lots and continue developing. The 3-goalie rotation is not helping 

24 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

As a collective, we have watched enough games to be able to form an opinion on goalies instead of copping out with the voodoo argument 

Right now, Primeau is as inconsistent as Montembeault was when he was picked by the Habs. Combative, showing good athleticism and most of the time using good technique. But he needs to play lots and continue developing. The 3-goalie rotation is not helping 

We are talking about Quentin Miller.  You should know this since you commented about him and got the discussion started.  So how many games of his did you watch? 

3 hours ago, DON said:

but of course 🤩 Beck is invited 🤩 (although on an emergency call up from what I read)

Let’s say I am happy 😊