Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Gotta checkout at about 1 minute mark the move Hutson puts on opponent, he can be pretty fun to watch.

Incredible move, turned the guy into a pretzel. I think if he tried that in the NHL that close to the boards. He’d probably gets plastered. Hell of a move though!! The kids get pretty slick hands!

19 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Incredible move, turned the guy into a pretzel. I think if he tried that in the NHL that close to the boards. He’d probably gets plastered. Hell of a move though!! The kids get pretty slick hands!

I suspect (hope?) he is one of those smaller guys who is just naturally elusive.

39 minutes ago, DON said:

Gotta checkout at about 1 minute mark the move Hutson puts on opponent, he can be pretty fun to watch.

LOVE the colour commentator's "bye-bye" during the replay

30 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

He is fun to watch, not sure if some of those moves would work at the NHL level but he sure is creative. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

He is fun to watch, not sure if some of those moves would work at the NHL level but he sure is creative. 

I think that is something that is asked/said about most smaller, creative players as they prepare to come into the league.

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I think that is something that is asked/said about most smaller, creative players as they prepare to come into the league.

No question, Hutson certainly has some skeptics and that's why he was available late in the 2nd round. Hopefully those skeptics will be proven wrong. 

Quick offense in Guindon/Mesar's game.

image.png

How will Hutson do today? Tuch actually looked solid yesterday and used his size well, with a empty-netter goal.

Florian Xhekaj 4g 8pts in 8 games, nary a penalty in last 3 games, how will he fare vs Barrie today.

7 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Quinn Hughes pulls off that move in the NHL and hes not the only one.

38 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Quinn Hughes pulls off that move in the NHL and hes not the only one.

That close to the boards, usually you see a guy pull a move that close to the boards, a guy is going to get plastered.

having said that, I’m hoping he is able to do that at the NHL level! I don’t think we’ve had a guy that can stick handle like that since Kovolev.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That close to the boards, usually you see a guy pull a move that close to the boards, a guy is going to get plastered.

having said that, I’m hoping he is able to do that at the NHL level! I don’t think we’ve had a guy that can stick handle like that since Kovolev.

Some guys can pull it off is my point.  Hutson has always been the smallest guy on his team and been able to use his agility and low centre of gravity to make plays and avoid hits.  Yeah the NHL is different and we will see, but i wouldnt rule it out.

3 hours ago, DON said:

Beck after slow start, 6 points in last 3 games.

Guindon 12pts in 11gms

two prospects having a good season. One that is my favorite ... I'll let you guess which one...

:hyper: b :hyper: b :hyper: b :hyper:

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

two prospects having a good season. One that is my favorite ... I'll let you guess which one...

:hyper: b :hyper: b :hyper: b :hyper:

Both have a shot at World Junior team, Beck moreso of course.

(Slafkovski is eligible to play, but assume 0% chance of that happening?)

A few quotes from Mesar, from the local paper:

“I have a year or two to develop myself, get bigger, stronger and get better on the ice and off the ice. If you’re doing that 100 per cent every day, I think good things are going to happen.”

That development is where Rangers head coach Jussi Ahokas comes in. Ahokas’s track record is impressive, coaching Finland’s 2019 world junior team and its 2016 U-18 world championships team to gold medals. He was also the Alliance of European Hockey Clubs’ 2019-20 Coach of the Year. Not to mention the upstart Rangers have now started the season 9-3.

“We’re going to be developing my offensive skills and all, but also I want to be better on defence. He’s going to help with that for sure,” Mesar said.

How will Hutson's game translate to the pro's next spring?

You see Harris & Barron get outmuscled on defense, then Caufield is so shifty and smart he manages at forward, but on defense i think you need to take a few more hits to retrieve pucks in corners vs Josh Anderson-like forecheckers.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2023/10/31/lane-hutson-en-a-marre-des-commentaires-sur-sa-taille-ca-devient-parfois-redondant

2 hours ago, DON said:

How will Hutson's game translate to the pro's next spring?

You see Harris & Barron get outmuscled on defense, then Caufield is so shifty and smart he manages at forward, but on defense i think you need to take a few more hits to retrieve pucks in corners vs Josh Anderson-like forecheckers.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2023/10/31/lane-hutson-en-a-marre-des-commentaires-sur-sa-taille-ca-devient-parfois-redondant

I was a skeptic of Caufield’s chances of succeeding, and I am glad to have been proven wrong.

If the Habs young veterans and prospects had a good doze of gritty and big players to protect Hutson I would be as excited as many fans.

I am cautiously optimistic given his clear talent. I hope he develops into the player we all hope to see