Injury news

Commandant

NB, team docs, MB, MT, and just about every other player that's commented have said that he's fine. But, as you say, this may be an ongoing trend for players to hide the true severity of a head injury. I guess we'll see if his game changes in the future (if even slightly). We'll notice, for sure

Guest Stogey24

Shirt lol... I don't expect that much from Kassian. I just want him to mix shit up and get to the net. All those things you mentioned would be nice though!

Am pretty sure Scherbak was noted as wearing a knee brace in pre-season/training camp? Re-injured it maybe?

Was noted last week TSN690 (or more recently?) that Pacioretty has had a slight limp, when off-ice walking around, ever since coming back from injury. Is that likely to linger all year (not that seems to be slowing him down much)?

Dbalr,

Since NB fought Folino last week his minutes have dropped dractically. Could it be that MT is:

a) sheltering NB because he may have a slight headache and doesn't need another bonk to the head?

b) punishing NB because he doesn't want him to fight?

c) feels that he cannot put Gilly and Emelin together?

The way I see it is that NB and Petry should be the 2nd pair, and play about 18-20 minutes per night. And if Gilly and Emelin can't be trusted to contribute as a 3rd pair one of them should go.

I wouldn't want to see Gilbert and emelin in the team - let alone together. The question is, what's the excuse for not playing pateryn?

Dbalr,

Since NB fought Folino last week his minutes have dropped dractically. Could it be that MT is:

a) sheltering NB because he may have a slight headache and doesn't need another bonk to the head?

The way I see it is that NB and Petry should be the 2nd pair, and play about 18-20 minutes per night. And if Gilly and Emelin can't be trusted to contribute as a 3rd pair one of them should go.

I think Emelin & Gilbert have shown they don't mix well and likely why split them up. And to say "one should go" is a lot simplistic and both are experienced NHL-quality d-men who have shown that they can play 20+minutes if need be and can do 'fine', given the right partner (a la Komisarik & Markov).

Gallagher must still be skating isn't he, just not with team I assume?

Dbalr,

Therrien was talking today about consistency with Beaulieu, something he has brought up a lot, particularly last year. My guess then is that his drop in ice time stems from something in his play the coaches don't like. If they have concerns about him after the fight, they wouldn't be playing him. Pateryn has certainly played well enough that they could take Beaulieu out for a bit without much worry. I also don't think they're punishing him for fighting - he was standing up for a teammate and even the coaches who abhor fighting are okay when you're fighting to stand up for someone.

Yes, kinda agree that if Price gets the odd game off to help stay healthy, why not give Markov a game off here and there and see if Habs can still win without him.