GDT Garbage Day Trash Canadiens Vs Islander Diaz and Campo in Emelin Sits.

Kaboom

Okay... Emelin's gonna play with Gorges against top lines, and suddenly become a plus player?

Why do we need to rush every prospect who ever plays on this team?

Why can't they sit and work on their weaknesses in practice and develop at a reasonable pace? Why does a rookie with a language issue, an ice size issue, and changing to a new position, have to be used in every single game or its the end of the world?

Oh i agree we shouldn't rush our young guy's but emelin has played at a very high level and is ready now and gains nothing sitting in the press box. He is 25 not 20 has the size and what we lack as in a hitter back there. He can play on a bigger rink he can adjust easier to a smaller rink then the other way around.

Okay... Emelin's gonna play with Gorges against top lines, and suddenly become a plus player?

Why do we need to rush every prospect who ever plays on this team?

Why can't they sit and work on their weaknesses in practice and develop at a reasonable pace? Why does a rookie with a language issue, an ice size issue, and changing to a new position, have to be used in every single game or its the end of the world?

It's not the end of the world but man...

We have ONE physical dman. ONE. Subban is a bit, but Emelin is the ONLY ONE we have.

Why on Earth should we take this asset out and replace it by Campoli who is a copy/paste of Subban, Diaz and Kaberle ?

I see ZERO logic there. ZERO.

• Upvote 1

Emelin is not a typical prospect, he's 25, he's player a lot of hockey. What he needs in my mind is not coaching as much as it is playing minutes, which he was getting and flourishing. This is another case of JM tinkering when it wasn't needed. Why rush Campoli back to the lineup? Does he bring anything to the table? I can't see him being needed at all.

You asked why must be rush prospects, Emelin is the opposite of being rushed, he's been held back.

Emelins switch to his wrong side is another example of JM tinkering with what doesn't need to be tinkered with.

• Upvote 1

Dude, is Coach Martin a distant uncle or something? Do you need an explanation as to why some people want Emelin in the line up? All day, every day you defend the coach.

The world (habs world) needs all\

Martin haters

Martin defender and

Fence sitters.

Komisarek learned very quickly with markov and played big mins against the big lines and thrived. yes gorges is not markov but is close in his own end. maybe those guy's would think about coming down his side of the ice?

Oh i agree we shouldn't rush our young guy's but emelin has played at a very high level and is ready now and gains nothing sitting in the press box. He is 25 not 20 has the size and what we lack as in a hitter back there. He can play on a bigger rink he can adjust easier to a smaller rink then the other way around.

I think you are massively downplaying the adjustments of moving to a smaller rink and a faster game all at the same time. The new angles he needs to use. Especially for a guy like him, who's defensive game is based on being a big hitter. He needs to learn when he can throw that big hit and when he can't.

Secondly he's sitting up in the pressbox, hopefully with Andrei Markov right beside him. There is a lot to learn up there, especially when we discuss the exact things that Emelin needs to learn, which are positioning and angles.

The pressbox gives a whole new perspective on the game. A birds eye view of what is going on out there. With an experienced D coaching beside him, it can be like a live interactive chalk board in this case.

Komisarek learned very quickly with markov and played big mins against the big lines and thrived. yes gorges is not markov but is close in his own end. maybe those guy's would think about coming down his side of the ice?

Komisarek was

a) a natural RD

b) used to north american style ice

c) and it still took him 1/2 of 2003-04 in the NHL, all of 2004-05 in the AHL, all of 05-06, and 06-07 in the NHL, before he looked like a top pairing dman beside Markov in 2007-08.

Emelin is not a typical prospect, he's 25, he's player a lot of hockey. What he needs in my mind is not coaching as much as it is playing minutes, which he was getting and flourishing. This is another case of JM tinkering when it wasn't needed. Why rush Campoli back to the lineup? Does he bring anything to the table? I can't see him being needed at all.

You asked why must be rush prospects, Emelin is the opposite of being rushed, he's been held back.

Emelins switch to his wrong side is another example of JM tinkering with what doesn't need to be tinkered with.

Emelin wasn't ready when the season started.... he massively struggled with positioning. He took time off, worked with Ladoucer, and came back to the lineup playing a lot better hockey.

I think we will see the same thing here. A couple weeks of coaching, and then back in the lineup as a player comfortable with the position.

I don't like the decision, but I can see why he's doing it. The PP stinks, he even realized the PP goal we got against New Jersey wasn't a sign of a solved PP issue. It was a rush that ended in a goal, could of happened 5-on-5, not a setup on the PP with a goal as a result. So tonight he's dressing 4 defensemen for the PP. Kaberle/Subban and Diaz/Campoli, at least that would be my guess as the PP defensive pairings. Also like someone pointed out at HIO, gotta showcase Campoli. I don't see a future for Campoli once Markov is healthy.

I think you are massively downplaying the adjustments of moving to a smaller rink and a faster game all at the same time. The new angles he needs to use. Especially for a guy like him, who's defensive game is based on being a big hitter. He needs to learn when he can throw that big hit and when he can't.

Secondly he's sitting up in the pressbox, hopefully with Andrei Markov right beside him. There is a lot to learn up there, especially when we discuss the exact things that Emelin needs to learn, which are positioning and angles.

The pressbox gives a whole new perspective on the game. A birds eye view of what is going on out there. With an experienced D coaching beside him, it can be like a live interactive chalk board in this case.

Komisarek was

a) a natural RD

b) used to north american style ice

c) and it still took him 1/2 of 2003-04 in the NHL, all of 2004-05 in the AHL, all of 05-06, and 06-07 in the NHL, before he looked like a top pairing dman beside Markov in 2007-08.

You make i good point i am not saying you are wrong but the khl is fast as is the worlds which he did play so i believe he can handle it. And he does make a great first pass and has a good shot

You make i good point i am not saying you are wrong but the khl is fast as is the worlds which he did play so i believe he can handle it. And he does make a great first pass and has a good shot

I like the kid a lot.... and I agree he has many assets.

But I think two weeks of learning and extra time after practice will do him a world of good in adjusting to the right side; rather than throwing him in the deep end tonight.

Again, this is one game he's sitting. Nowhere does it say he'll never get in the lineup again.

I don't like the decision, but I can see why he's doing it. The PP stinks, he even realized the PP goal we got against New Jersey wasn't a sign of a solved PP issue. It was a rush that ended in a goal, could of happened 5-on-5, not a setup on the PP with a goal as a result. So tonight he's dressing 4 defensemen for the PP. Kaberle/Subban and Diaz/Campoli, at least that would be my guess as the PP defensive pairings. Also like someone pointed out at HIO, gotta showcase Campoli. I don't see a future for Campoli once Markov is healthy.

With these 4 dressed up, if I see Gorges touch the ice on PP, I'll completely lose my mind.

Tonight's controversy Emelin scratched.

Habs Line Up

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Leblanc

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole

Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn

Darche-Nokelainen-Weber

Gorges-Subban

Gill-Diaz

Campoli-Kaberle

Price

New York Islanders Line Up

Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau

Okposo-Nielsen-Grabner

Rolston-Bailey-Ullstrom

Martin-Reasoner-Wallace

Streit-Hamonic

Staios-Jurcina

Mottau-Reese

Montoya

Habs should dress 7 D. Not dress a D as a forward, but dress 7 D. Gill should be played on the PK exclusively. It's not like they need a 4th line anyways.

I was listening to the team 990 as well they suggested this as well maybe they should and double shift a forward and rotate gill emelin diaz and campoli in and out of the line up that way no one gets rusty or is the odd man out for long.

Too bad for Yemelin, and i totally disagree with sitting him over Diaz, Diaz and Campoli are similar players are they not, whereas Yemelin is unlike any Hab d-man for years, maybe Komosarik, but he was useless with the puck.

Just seems another odd choice for Martin, but who knows maybe they will fill the net tonight?

That defense is so soft, I wrote their names just now but the letters turned into butterflies and fluttered off the screen.

LMFAO awesome!!!! hahaha replace the ch with DQ

Unbelievable, the one physical presence we have gets the pressbox, so we can have a powder puff D. Diaz has no business being in the lineup over Emelin. Watch as the big bad islanders steamroll us in our own end tonight

The world (habs world) needs all\

Martin haters

Martin defender and

Fence sitters.

Absolutely. I'm just poking fun. Everyone has an opinion. That's what it's all about. I just think, on occasion, that coach Martin's opinion is moronic.

I fear a stinker of a game. We always seem to save our worst for crap teams.

It will be interesting to see Campoli and Kaberle however. If Diaz plays like crap I can just imagine the threads after the game... lol