Dec. 22, Habs vs Jets, 8:30 PM

dlbalr

Can someone please explain how Plex, playing like utter shite, is getting so much ice? I'll take Eller over him ANYDAY. Plex isn't even playing good D right now. You see him in the zone and he's not even skating, just waiving his stick.

I had a feeling with that Chicago game that it was done. Unfortunately this game confirms that. This team has looked into the abyss and, instead of clawing back, decided to jump. I've seen this movie before: 1992 and 2009.

As others have said, the imperative now is that the organization not panic itself into decisions with lasting damaging consequences. But it may be too late even for that - the bush-league approach to Cunneyworth is exactly the sort of thing that will have guys like Gorges leaving come the summer, because it speaks to an organization and especially and owner who do not know what they're doing.

It's all so unnecessary, because this team HAS the talent to be highly competitive.

Can someone please explain how Plex, playing like utter shite, is getting so much ice? I'll take Eller over him ANYDAY. Plex isn't even playing good D right now. You see him in the zone and he's not even skating, just waiving his stick.

Poor $5M/year rich punk. Work your ASS off and maybe you'll feel better after you produce something other than skating turds. His body language is *so* brutal right now, he shouldn't be playing.

Geez, on a simple play, Emelin passes the puck to Gorges in their own zone, both are left handed shots, and Gorges cannot handle a simple pass on his backhand ?! WTF ! I am quickly changing my mind about wanting the Habs to keep Gorges, whom I'm now labelling Craig Rivet 2.0.

I had a feeling with that Chicago game that it was done. Unfortunately this game confirms that. This team has looked into the abyss and, instead of clawing back, decided to jump. I've seen this movie before: 1992 and 2009.

As others have said, the imperative now is that the organization not panic itself into decisions with lasting damaging consequences. But it may be too late even for that - the bush-league approach to Cunneyworth is exactly the sort of thing that will have guys like Gorges leaving come the summer, because it speaks to an organization and especially and owner who do not know what they're doing.

It's all so unnecessary, because this team HAS the talent to be highly competitive.

Totally agreed. This franchise is skating on very, very thin ice. Why would Gorges stay? People talk about Kosty, but he's welcome to leave.

lol Noke curling in the corner, there's Kosty, parked in the slot. Covered but stone still. Darche, parked in front of Pavalec - immobile. Lots of options for Noke.

Colombus blows 4-1 lead.

Tied at 5 with Preds.

Going to be hard to be worse than the Jackets.

the funny part is they are protesting when Tampa comes, which they point out has all those good French Canadians.. they are forgetting.. NONE OF THEM WANTED TO PLAY IN MONTREAL!!!!!!

Why would they want to?

I hope there is a riot there when that game happens and I hope a lot of people get hurt.

#FLQ #FLQ

The really puzzling question is - where do we go from here, for this season? Short of a huge trade Gauthier is out of options. Can't fire Cunneyworth. The owner probably won't let you hire a second-tier new 'permanent' coach a la Crawford, when he likely plans to bring in his own GM next summer anyway (who will in turn want his own man behind the bench).

I'll bet that after a few more quasi-disastrous games, with the playoffs out of sight and the pressure off, the team starts to find some mojo and gets solidly rolling. This will lead to a lot of pained 'what ifs?' and also take away any chance of a lottery pick. :rolleyes:

Colombus blows 4-1 lead.

Tied at 5 with Preds.

Going to be hard to be worse than the Jackets.

Maybe the Habs players should revolt and form the "E"LQ to protest all of this language crap!! I really wish we had owners with balls. It took the molsons not even a year to take the Habs back to the dark ages of their previous ownersip stint!!

Why would they want to?

I hope there is a riot there when that game happens and I hope a lot of people get hurt.

#FLQ #FLQ

the funny part is they are protesting when Tampa comes, which they point out has all those good French Canadians.. they are forgetting.. NONE OF THEM WANTED TO PLAY IN MONTREAL!!!!!!

They are below us in the standings too.

And GOD DAMNIT Columbus loses in regulation.

The really puzzling question is - where do we go from here, for this season? Short of a huge trade Gauthier is out of options. Can't fire Cunneyworth. The owner probably won't let you hire a second-tier new 'permanent' coach a la Crawford, when he likely plans to bring in his own GM next summer anyway (who will in turn want his own man behind the bench).

I'll bet that after a few more quasi-disastrous games, with the playoffs out of sight and the pressure off, the team starts to find some mojo and gets solidly rolling. This will lead to a lot of pained 'what ifs?' and also take away any chance of a lottery pick. :rolleyes:

You go nowhere this season.... you dump the UFAs and look for a 2nd line centre in the summer.

No use trading more assets to bail out this sinking ship.

You just described 25-30 years of Maple Leaf history. Scary, eh?

So.. I wonder what PK and Lars learned from up above... perhaps they saw some good play by the jets they can draw inspiration from.

I hope the coaches learned that even if he makes a couple mistakes, this defence is shit without PK.

29TH is the best they ca do.

The Jackets are worse than the Habs yes they are WOW they are shit.

Lets hope the Habs can play like the Jackets.

29th is fine..... let Columbus choose between Grigorenko/Yakupov and take whichever one they don't want.

With Columbus' scouting you are guaranteed to get the better player.

I hope the coaches learned that even if he makes a couple mistakes, this defence is shit without PK.

Subban is the only top 3 calibre dman on this team. Smart decision to bench him.