2012 NHL Entry Draft talk

Commandant

Weber and second?

Are you kidding? He can't can;t even make the top 6 on a botoom 5 team who's defense is probably in the bottom 3 in the league.

I agree Gill got more than i thought but Weber? Come on.

Other than Subban, he is youngest d-man and still leads d-men in PP goals and points i think, even with dick all ice time.

And the Habs defense is not bottom of league, again it is up front and lack of scoring that is killing them and needs upgrades.

He is young offensive d-man, with a big shot, who will likley only get better over next couple years, and is signed to a very low salary, so could be very tempting for OIlers/Islanders or the like?

And he also could form a good part of a package deal?

I would like to keep him, but 1 way contract and Habs depth make him expendable.

Moen I think will get a 2nd as a return, however if someone gets desperate he might get a Hal Gill like 2nd + prospect.

Weber might get a 2nd or 3rd if made available.

Campoli a 4th or 5th.

Kostitsyn is probably a second + prospect, but might get a 1st if someone is desperate, I'm looking at LA and Pittsburgh needing a guy like him.

Still have a hard time swallowing Weber fetching a 2nd. I think the biggest issue is what happens if we deal Weber, Campoli, Gill.....we don;t have enough to even ice a team on D.

Gorges-Subban

Emelin-Diaz

Kaberle-???

???

Does this mean St-Denis, maybe Henry or Mitera?

Still have a hard time swallowing Weber fetching a 2nd.  I think the biggest issue is what happens if we deal Weber, Campoli, Gill.....we don;t have enough to even ice a team on D.

Gorges-Subban

Emelin-Diaz

Kaberle-???

???

Call up St. Denis, find more D next season. Not a huge deal. Also Markov might play at some point.

Still have a hard time swallowing Weber fetching a 2nd. I think the biggest issue is what happens if we deal Weber, Campoli, Gill.....we don;t have enough to even ice a team on D.

Gorges-Subban

Emelin-Diaz

Kaberle-???

???

St-Denis, Callahan, and Stafford are the only D remotely competent enough to play as a callup. Mitera has been awful this year while Henry, though better than last year, is much too slow to keep up with the NHL pace.

Gorges-Subban

Emelin-Diaz

Kaberle-???

???

St Denis was fine as a call up (better defensively than Weber or Campoli), so if deal either Weber or Campoli, still have 7 d-man, if Markov almost ready, deal both Campoli/Weber and does it matter if Henry has to play a game or 2 along with St.Denis does it?

So numbers should not be a big consideration for Gauthier, Habs are managing to lose with 7 d-men so if only dress six, what the big diff?

Who knows, Weber may already be a July 1st pawn and is not even being considered for deadline dealing??

• Upvote 1

Agree with many here the last thing on my mind would be who we call up and play with this season.

I would be very happy to see

Diaz, Emelin and St Denis all playing 20+ mins form here on out.

Agree with many here the last thing on my mind would be who we call up and play with this season.

I would be very happy to see

Diaz, Emelin and St Denis all playing 20+ mins form here on out.

play the crap out of all the young guys seems like an OK plan to me (got another 20 games of practice), and Gomez would not be playing 5 minutes, let alone 15+ minutes with Eller/Palushaj/White playing less on my bench.

• Upvote 1

Lets not forget the Devils still have to forfeit a first round pick, either this year or next year. I could very well see them forfeiting this years pick which would mean our second rounder moves up 1 spot. (and all subsequent picks).

Lets not forget the Devils still have to forfeit a first round pick, either this year or next year. I could very well see them forfeiting this years pick which would mean our second rounder moves up 1 spot. (and all subsequent picks).

I feel a little uninformed, why do they have to forfeit a pick? Is this related to the Kovy signing?

I feel a little uninformed, why do they have to forfeit a pick? Is this related to the Kovy signing?

Yes. Due to the cap circumvention they had to forfeit a 3rd round pick in 2011... plus a first round pick in one of the next three drafts (Devils choice)... as they exercised their pick on Larsson last year, they will have to forfeit either this year or next year.

Yes. Due to the cap circumvention they had to forfeit a 3rd round pick in 2011... plus a first round pick in one of the next three drafts (Devils choice)... as they exercised their pick on Larsson last year, they will have to forfeit either this year or next year.

Thanks

I was looking at WHL stats... Tim Bozon has more goals at even strength than a lot of the WHL's best goal scorers, including 50 goal man Ty Rattie, top Oil Kings scorer Michael St. Croix, and WJC star Mark Stone. Bozon only has five PP goals so far... he's sitting on Kamloops' 2nd PP unit and it is affecting his numbers compared to his competition (like Coda Gordon of Swift Current, who has over half his goals on the PP). He could easily be a better goal scorer than the rest of the junior field outside of the absolute top guys (Yakupov, Grigorenko), IMO.

I was looking at WHL stats... Tim Bozon has more goals at even strength than a lot of the WHL's best goal scorers, including 50 goal man Ty Rattie, top Oil Kings scorer Michael St. Croix, and WJC star Mark Stone. Bozon only has five PP goals so far... he's sitting on Kamloops' 2nd PP unit and it is affecting his numbers compared to his competition (like Coda Gordon of Swift Current, who has over half his goals on the PP). He could easily be a better goal scorer than the rest of the junior field outside of the absolute top guys (Yakupov, Grigorenko), IMO.

Bozon is another Swiss player, so would fit right in Habland.

And he has been climbing the rankings alot, but unlikely to be high enough for Habs in 1st round and maybe too high for their 2nd pick,as it stands, but would be another super 2nd pick if possible. But there are a bunch of good looking forwards to choose from, so will just depend on how Hab scouts rank him i suppose.

He is 35th ranked by ISS, so for sure a possibility and another skilled LW would be nice to have opposite of a Gallagher/Kristo/Holland. Of course with Galchenyuk at centre.

New Redline Report Top 30

1. Nail Yakupov (Sarnia, OHL)

2. Filip Forsberg (Leksand, Sweden)

3. Mikhail Grigorenko (Quebec, QMJHL)

4. Matt Dumba (Red Deer, WHL) (+1)

5. Ryan Murray (Everett, WHL) (+1)

6. Morgan Rielly (Moose Jaw, WHL) (+1)

7. Pontus Aberg (Djurgarden, Sweden) (+1)

8. Alex Galchenyuk (Sarnia, OHL) (+1)

9. Griffin Reinhart (Edmonton, WHL) (+2)

10. Sebastian Collberg (Frolunda, Sweden) (+2)

11. Andrey Vasilevski (Salavat, KHL) (-7)

12. Jacob Trouba (US NTDP, USHL) (-2)

13. Matt Finn (Guelph, OHL) (+9)

14. Cody Ceci (Ottawa 67s, OHL) (+7)

15. Derrick Pouliot (Portland, WHL) (+4)

16. Radek Faksa (Kitchener, OHL) (+5)

17. Slater Koekkoek (Peterborough, OHL) (-2)

18. Damon Severson (Kelowna, WHL) (-2)

19. Zemgus Girgensons (Dubuque, USHL) (-1)

20. Jordan Schmaltz (Sioux City, USHL) (-3)

21. Teuvo Teravainen (Jokerit, Finland) (+9)

22. Phil Di Giuseppe (U. Michigan, NCAA)

23. Olli Maatta (London, OHL) (-3)

24. Scott Kosmachuk (Guelph, OHL) (+1)

25. Brendan Gaunce (Belleville, OHL) (+1)

26. Henrik Samuelsson (US NTDP, USHL) (+3)

27. Oscar Dansk (Brynas, SEL)

28. Anton Slepyshev (Novokuznetsk, KHL) (+5)

29. Brady Skjei (US NTDP, USHL) (+9)

30. Nick Ebert (Windsor, OHL) (-7)

Two players fell out of the top-30 this month: Martin Frk (#31, -3) and Gianluca Curcuruto (#50, -26). Here’s the movement among former top-30 players: Colton Sissons (#32, -1), Chandler Stephenson (#54, -15), Troy Bourke (#59, -1), Scott Laughton (#62, -2), Calle Andersson (#74, -8), Jarrod Maidens (#87, -3), Eric Locke (#91, -8), Patrik Machac (#104, -23), Matia Marcantuoni (#105, -20), Ryan Olsen (#208, -136), and Luca Ciampini (#250, -70).

Two players fell out of the top-30 this month: Martin Frk (#31, -3) and Gianluca Curcuruto (#50, -26). Here's the movement among former top-30 players: Colton Sissons (#32, -1), Chandler Stephenson (#54, -15), Troy Bourke (#59, -1), Scott Laughton (#62, -2), Calle Andersson (#74, -8), Jarrod Maidens (#87, -3), Eric Locke (#91, -8), Patrik Machac (#104, -23), Matia Marcantuoni (#105, -20), Ryan Olsen (#208, -136), and Luca Ciampini (#250, -70).

How does someone drop 136 spots...

What's with the dropping Grig talk?

He hasnt played as well lately. However some think its that he's not 100% due to the ankle injury he's been playing through. Others are questionning his heart.

I find it funny to question the heart of a kid who is basically playing on one leg.

Its clear to me what the issue is, he is lacking the powerful skating stride he had earlier in the year and thats why he cant drive the net hard right now.

I'm not really worried about him.

He hasnt played as well lately. However some think its that he's not 100% due to the ankle injury he's been playing through. Others are questionning his heart.

I find it funny to question the heart of a kid who is basically playing on one leg.

Its clear to me what the issue is, he is lacking the powerful skating stride he had earlier in the year and thats why he cant drive the net hard right now.

I'm not really worried about him.

I thought his typical Russian inconsustant play has been noted all year? And we have seen that in way too many highly skilled Russians, Kovalev is easiest example.

At least the options of Forsberg/Galchenyuk or a super d-man should be there for Habs to choose from.

Collberg played very well for Sweden and i thought looked better than Forsberg, but is smaller and 1/2 year older.

I think Tampa may tank and challange for lottery spot by April, but hopefully Habs can hold on for a top 5 pick.