Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

I know I'll get torched for this but what about Lecavalier?

You get a Mulligan on the first post....

Pierre LeBrun said Emelin's name has popped up as possible trade piece. He said Habs were not actively looking hard to off-load him.

That situation must be a bit different now with Petry signed.

I kinda think Bergevin may have a new home for him in mind and get a forward in return on July 1.

Now that Petry is signed, sealed and delivered..what do you suppose MB could do next? New contract for AG, Beaulieu, and/or Tinordi? Pull the trigger on a suspected Plek(and then some)/O'Reilly trade? What to do with Gilbert? Any contract buyout? Or focus on the draft?

What to do with Gilbert, I would say play him 15-16 minutes/game. He only makes $2.8m and played 'OK' overall.

If he made Emelin's money, $4.1 for 3 more years, I would feel bit different.

I would be fine with a Plex + Emelyn for O'Rielly.

Now that Petry is signed, sealed and delivered..what do you suppose MB could do next? New contract for AG, Beaulieu, and/or Tinordi? Pull the trigger on a suspected Plek(and then some)/O'Reilly trade? What to do with Gilbert? Any contract buyout? Or focus on the draft?

Pierre LeBrun said Emelin's name has popped up as possible trade piece. He said Habs were not actively looking hard to off-load him.

That situation must be a bit different now with Petry signed.

I kinda think Bergevin may have a new home for him in mind and get a forward in return on July 1.

I think you are absolutely right. He is not a top 4 on this team anymore so him gotta go. And send Gilbert the give away machine with him.

Gilbert has one year left, you know Pateryn, Tinordi, Dietz arnt gonna play 20min/game if an injury or two crop up, as normally every team will use 9 or 10 d-men/year, due to injuries.

So Gilbert for 1 more year at $2,8 is fine by me, he can play an "adequate" 20+ minutes if needed.

Lack of offense is it and has been for 2 years. In a perfect world would insert two all-star forwards onto line #1, but it aint a perfect world. But Bergevin addressed one want, a top four upgrade.

But, how much cash do they have to play with after Beaulieu, Galchenyuk etc get signed.

Exactly..now it's time for MB to wave that magic wand. Maybe there's a deal out there, who knows. I could be fishing here, but I'm hoping the Petry signing was a prelude to a bigger deal? Like maybe MB assured Petry that there was already a deal in place for that missing centerman, thus persuading Petry to sign on long term? Phew, talk about fishing! :bonk:

Guest Stogey24

There is no flipping way M.B goes into next season without adding some type of goal scorer. Price needs some room to breath once and awhile.

Can't see Emelin being in a Habs Jersey come October. I'd assume P.A is being shopped too.

Lack of offense is it and has been for 2 years. In a perfect world would insert two all-star forwards onto line #1, but it aint a perfect world. But Bergevin addressed one want, a top four upgrade.

But, how much cash do they have to play with after Beaulieu, Galchenyuk etc get signed.

"Want." Thank you for clarifying that. I guess we can enjoy another year of Dale Weise being second on the depth chart for RWers.

I agree that Emelin is on borrowed time. We'll miss his big hits, but you have to hope Tinordi can step in and bring some of that.

I think Tinordi can bring that, plus a better skater to boot. Can't really say I want to trade Emelin before we see what Tinordi brings to camp though, guess I'm just hopeful that the big fella will hit his stride this year...

I also think Pateryn is quite the banger too, so maybe our toughness on the D core won't miss Emelin, especially if he brings us a quality forward.

I think Tinordi can bring that, plus a better skater to boot. Can't really say I want to trade Emelin before we see what Tinordi brings to camp though, guess I'm just hopeful that the big fella will hit his stride this year...

I also think Pateryn is quite the banger too, so maybe our toughness on the D core won't miss Emelin, especially if he brings us a quality forward.

Pateryn didn't show much physicality last season, but perhaps he was concentrating on 'making the simple play' like the coaches no doubt told him to. He has, possibly, some room to let that side of his game show more. I would much prefer that Tinordi force his way onto the team rather than have it handed to him because we wanted to clear cap room, however.

I believe Gilbert will stay because, first, he upped his game when it counted, and secondly, he's cheap. Emelin is a useful contributor but overpaid for a de facto #5 defenceman. Zoot has shown himself to be ruthless with overpaid players.

Finally: I like those O'Reilly rumours. The plot thickens!

I really liked what I saw from Pateryn this year. my opinion he is worth a lot more than Gilbert. Gilbert plays hand grenades with the puck in his own end. To me he is a 7th defenceman used when you have to. He is just too scary in front of Price for me.

Two deals that require no trade clauses to all be agreed upon.

To Montreal

- Patrick Marleau ($6.67M)

To San Jose

- Alexei Emelin ($4.1M)

- Lars Eller ($3.5M)

- 1st Round Pick 2015

Reason: Marleau either wants to retire a Shark or not. If he doesn't want to, Montreal is a good place for him. A veteran who knows how to score game winning goals in the playoffs, Marleau would allow Galchenyuk to move to the middle of the ice. If Marleau goes, Thornton would be going soon after. That allows Couture and Pavelski to move to the center of the ice in San Jose permanently. In that situation, they will need a third line center to back them up. That's where Eller comes in. The Sharks are looking for a top four defenceman this summer and Emelin covers that. Habs save some money on the cap but to acquire a Sharks legend like Marleau, they will need to cough up a first round pick.

To Montreal

- Chris Higgins ($2.5M)

To Vancouver

- David Desharnais ($3.5M)

Reason: There was word that Vancouver told Higgins he wouldn't be around next year. The Canucks are hardly solidified at center for next season. They have Sedin of course but after that it's Nick Bonino and Bo Horvat. Shawn Matthias is likely playing elsewhere as he's a UFA. They could use a guy like David Desharnais in case Horvat can't fill a top six role or Bonino struggles. On the third line, Higgins is good for 10-15 goals, maybe more if his stick gets hot. He's older than he was the last run in Montreal. He'll be a good veteran to play beside De La Rose. Habs save a million but that million disappears from buying out Parenteau.

Result

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Marleau - Galchenyuk - Smith-Pelly

Higgins - De La Rose - Weise

Prust - Mitchell (re-signed) - Flynn

Parenteau bought out

• Upvote 1