Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

To those who think it would be a terrible deal for the Leafs, stop underrating Desharnais. He's a good player but is not an amazing fit on our roster.

Desharnais is a good player but this still would be a terrible deal for the Leafs. They have no real need for a guy like him with the likes of Bozak and Kadri on the roster - both younger players which is important for a rebuilding team. Pateryn/Tinordi don't have a ton of value as players who now have to clear waivers while the 1st rounder would be a late one. If you're getting a long-term core piece, don't you actually have to give one up? None of those pieces are players Toronto would build around.

Kessel is not a CHaracter guy.

Eller & Scherbak or Tinordi and two 2nd picks.. is what it'll cost.

I'm not sure I want to contribute that much to Toronto's future either lmao

I wonder about the Coyotes. Doan & Erat are done. Yandle, Vrbata, RIbiero & Michalek gone. They have very few NHL ready players on their roster. Reaching the cap floor could be an issue. They are what Flordia was before Tallon took over. Nobody willingly wants to sign there. They do have Duclair & Domi on the cusp though.

So I thinks to myself.. I wonder if Desharnais, Parenteau & Emelin or Gilbert perhaps with one of Thomas, Dumont or Bournival. Some picks, who knows.

Could we get Hanzal?

Contracts with NHL caliber player have substantial value to teams that can't sign any NHL caliber players. :monkey:

Kessel is not a CHaracter guy.

Eller & Scherbak or Tinordi and two 2nd picks.. is what it'll cost.

I'm not sure I want to contribute that much to Toronto's future either lmao

I wonder about the Coyotes. Doan & Erat are done. Yandle, Vrbata, RIbiero & Michalek gone. They have very few NHL ready players on their roster. Reaching the cap floor could be an issue. They are what Flordia was before Tallon took over. Nobody willingly wants to sign there.

So I thinks to myself.. I wonder if a Desharnais, Parenteau & Emelin or Gilbert perhaps with one of Thomas, Dumont or Bournival. Some picks, who knows.

Could we get Hanzal?

Tinordi does not have the value of being a centrepiece of a deal for Kessel (or anyone for that matter). He's not worth a 1st rounder at this point; his value is a lot lower than I think people realize. In three years, he has gone from a project prospect to a player who is months away from being labelled a bust around the league if he gets off to a bad start next year. His trade value has never been lower than it is now. He can be a secondary option in a bigger deal but not the key guy going back. Eller and Scherbak is a better start on an offer...just add a first rounder and something else to that (admittedly, I can't figure what that extra something is, maybe Tinordi?) but that provides enough value that Toronto would give it serious consideration. They won't move him for 30 cents on the dollar, they have no reason to do that.

As for Arizona, the asking price for Hanzal at the deadline I believe involved first round picks (note the plural). A player that many want to move for salary reasons and a middling prospect (or in Dumont's case, minor leaguer) isn't going to do it. Given his size, pretty much every team will want him and it would require an overpayment to get him. He has two years left on a below-market deal; they won't give that up for cheap.

My expectation for the Coyotes is that they'll try to become a 'clearinghouse' for salary. Since free agents likely are going to shy away given their uncertainty, they'll take on a bad contract or two provided they get enough incentive through picks and/or prospects. That, or they'll target players with a cheaper salary than cap hit which is something Montreal doesn't have much of.

Chicago wants a 1st round pick, A-level prospect, and top 6 forward on an ELC for Sharp

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Sharp is a top 6, not even first line forward these days. So, basically Chicago wants a cheaper, younger scorer and a first and a prospec.

GMs wonder why this league is no fun.

I think Hawks would like to get all that (not sure Bowman came out and said that), but will likely settle for 1st and solid prospect or roster player.

And I think one of 28 teams will do that for sure.

Coburn cost Gudas, 1st and 3rd, so maybe a similar valued package?

Sharp had 78pts in 13-14 and injury shortened year last year will not stop numerous GMs from offering good packages for him.

Chicago wants a 1st round pick, A-level prospect, and top 6 forward on an ELC for Sharp

That price will change pretty quickly. The thought is that the Hawks are approaching this with the idea that Sharp has to go by the draft. If that's true, they won't be able to hold firm on that price for long.

Not too crazy about Sharp, because of concerns that he's on the downside. Also you pay a premium - not always justifiably - for a guy who's won. Seems to me we could sign a Williams without losing assets if we're interested in a declining FW with some gas left in the tank and multiple Cups on his c.v.

Hey...seems some want to go win NOW and want a HUGE trade, seemingly no matter the cost; so there you go.

And no a package of DD-PAP-Plekanec-Emelin aint gonna do it, so go big or... maybe just get realistic what you want and what it really would cost. If you want a superstar, need to willing to part with top quality.

Hey...seems some want to go win NOW and want a HUGE trade, seemingly no matter the cost; so there you go.

And no a package of DD-PAP-Plekanec-Emelin aint gonna do it, so go big or... maybe just get realistic what you want and what it really would cost. If you want a superstar, need to willing to part with top quality.

tell that to the GM's of Nashville and Dallas, who managed to pick up Sequin and Forsburg for declining assets. I guess you prefer the Gainey approach of over-paying and being the one picking up declining assets like Gomez.

There are a thousand examples of dumb GMs being taken advantage of. There's only one GM who actually made a career of it and won Cups and his name was Sam Pollock.

Of course you want Bergevin to steal a trade but expecting it is like me calling you a failure because you haven't won the lottery every week.

"I want Bergevin to steal a trade" oh wow, wonderful viewpoint.

Dallas has assets to offer Bruins in Erikson and Bruins wanted Segain simply gone.

Washington made push for playoffs/cup and maybe partly why McPhee is out of a job? I was stunned when I heard they dealt Forsberg for Erat after I had him as one option with Galchenyuk/Dumba for pick #3 and then he shone again at world juniors.

So maybe Bergevin can do as MoLG notes and fleece some other GM, but who can predict or count on that?

Dallas has assets to offer Bruins in Erikson and Bruins wanted Segain simply gone.

Washington made push for playoffs/cup and maybe partly why McPhee is out of a job? I was stunned when I heard they dealt Forsberg for Erat after I had him as one option with Galchenyuk/Dumba for pick #3 and then he shone again at world juniors.

So maybe Bergevin can do as MoLG notes and fleece some other GM, but who can predict or count on that?

you can't fleece someone until you try.

I knew what you were implying and it is a good point. Somebody big has to go to get somebody bigger.

you can't fleece someone until you try.

I'm sure every GM tries to. There's a reason that brutal trades rarely happen. You can either refuse to do anything unless you fleece the other GM or part with fair value in a trade.

Well is trade proposal thread...so which GM should he target to fleece for which player(s)?

(Brian Burke, Don Sweeney (but does have Harvard degree), Emperor Shanahan?)

LM, you have had a few umbrella drinks on the beach this morning maybe?

Or you trying to make Stan Bowman chuckle at Bergevin's expense?

I would guess that they will receive 20 better offers. But as one person said, better to toss something at opposing GMs than not.

LM, you have had a few umbrella drinks on the beach this morning maybe?

Or you trying to make Stan Bowman chuckle at Bergevin's expense?

I would guess that they will receive 20 better offers. But as one person said, better to toss something at opposing GMs than not.

They would have to take back salary to make it work, but I don't see CHI getting more than that.

Maybe WSH gives them Burakovsky, prospect and a 1st?

I think what this team needs are more veterans that have won the cup. Right now this team has no one that's has won a cup. We need guys to come in and show these guys what it takes to win. Look at how much prices and P.Ks play improved when they Came back from the Olympics. 2 names that come to my mind that I think could help this team to the cup finals are e.staal and J.williams. If we could add these guys to our core group of guys it could make us contenders.

Not sure if staal wants to leave Carolina. But I think we have the prospects and roster players to make a deal happen.

To habs

E.staal+2nd round pick

To Carolina

Eller+emelin +fucale +1st round pick+andrighetto

I think that would be a win win for both teams.

Pacioretty / Staal / Gallagher

Galchenyuk / Plekanec / Williams

Rose / Desharnais / Pelly

Prust / Mitchell / Weise

I would be happy going into the season with that line up.