Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Overpayment for a declining Staal. Maybe three of four years ago, but not now.

And I'm not sure why Williams is getting all the love.. another guy who's best days are behind him.

Overpayment for a declining Staal. Maybe three of four years ago, but not now.

And I'm not sure why Williams is getting all the love.. another guy who's best days are behind him.

Staal is just on some bad teams in Carolina. Hard to get motivated. Put him on a winning team like Montreal and you will see the staal of old.

But as one person said, better to toss something at opposing GMs than not.

That's how they got Vanek. Bergevin came in with an offer well under the asking price and by deadline day, the Isles took what they could get for him. Unfortunately for Chicago, they're not quite under the gun like that as they can be over the cap until into September and have some wiggle room in terms of tagging space which won't force them to deal him until they get what they like. (Although I still think they'd like to get it done by next weekend in a perfect world...)

I really don't mind the idea of getting E.Staal, and I think he could be had for something reasonable. At only one year left on the cap its not a big risk, and if it doesn't work out or you know your not going to be able to sign him, trade his rights next year for a 2nd or 3rd.

If we can include Eller or Emelyn or both in that deal than we are winners no matter what as both of those players are getting too much money anyways. We would either have Staal (if he works out for us) or cap space.

I really don't mind the idea of getting E.Staal, and I think he could be had for something reasonable. At only one year left on the cap its not a big risk, and if it doesn't work out or you know your not going to be able to sign him, trade his rights next year for a 2nd or 3rd.

The days of trading players' rights for notable draft picks have come and gone as a result of the free agent interview period. The only way you'd get anything in a rights trade is if you get a team desperate to make an early splash that is willing to give you a fourth or a fifth rounder.

The days of trading players' rights for notable draft picks have come and gone as a result of the free agent interview period. The only way you'd get anything in a rights trade is if you get a team desperate to make an early splash that is willing to give you a fourth or a fifth rounder.

ya I forgot about that....regardless, if the price isn't ridiculous MB should consider it. He would be the best center on the team and isn't tied up for a multiyear contract. If you can dump an overpriced contract then it is definitely worth it. (provided you don't give up a top young player like either of the Gallys)

Plekanec

Vrbata

If we were ever to move Pleks, this is exactly the type of move I'd avoid.

Isles are shopping Okposo..any interest there?

Was just going to ask the same. And yes, Okposo is a RW is he not? my only issue is I think he will be very VERY pricey, and possibly not as good as his production suggests due to playing Tavares. Still, he would be a great addition. Other problem, huge chance he doesn't resign and he only has one more year left on his deal. I'm not prepared to give up a whole lot if we don't keep him.

Isles are shopping Okposo..any interest there?

It almost feels like one of those too good to be true scenarios. A young(ish) RW with size and skill making less than $3 million is being shopped around? What gives? With them moving to Brooklyn, they're going to get a bit of a cash influx so it's not as if they can't afford to re-sign him next year.

Dosent he have health issue? Eye/sight or something like that?

He missed 22 games with a detached retina and at the time of the injury, there were concerns about his ability to see moving forward. To be fair though, he did come back late in the year and played in the postseason but perhaps there are still concerns there?

Brandon Prust: keep him or move him? Seems like we have plenty of 4th liners in the system. We've got young up-n-comers that just may create some offense and at less than half his salary? Are his intangibles worth the roster spot I wonder?

Yes his fists make him valuable teammate and unlike a Parros, he is good forechecker and bottom six player.

Even with goons mostly gone, he finds willing dance partners often enough.

Brandon Prust: keep him or move him? Seems like we have plenty of 4th liners in the system. We've got young up-n-comers that just may create some offense and at less than half his salary? Are his intangibles worth the roster spot I wonder?

I'd move him. He may have some positive intangibles but he also has some negative ones as his temper got the best of him more than a few times last year. He also isn't exactly providing the higher level of production that was expected when he signed despite the fact he's getting more ice time than he should be. He's not worth $2.5 million; if they can find a decent enough replacement while saving some money to allocate towards more scoring help, it's something worth considering.

Who might you replace Prust with?

He was crowd favourite in Calgary, New York (and Montreal I think) and I would guess Brian Burke would grab him if offered or even Cirelli (sp?) might for his young stars?

I don't think I have heard anyone even mention him as trade bait (one post a while ago maybe), so don't think would be popular move?

I'd look at other cost saving measures before trading Prust. There really isn't anyone that does what he does in the lineup. He is the first guy to drop the gloves and seems to be loved in the dressing room.

• Upvote 1

Who might you replace Prust with?

He was crowd favourite in Calgary, New York (and Montreal I think) and I would guess Brian Burke would grab him if offered or even Cirelli (sp?) might for his young stars?

I don't think I have heard anyone even mention him as trade bait (one post a while ago maybe), so don't think would be popular move?

I'm sure it wouldn't be a popular move but that really doesn't matter much to me. As for who to replace him with, either get his replacement as part of the return or look at a guy like B.J. Crombeen or Andrew Desjardins in free agency. Someone that can play eight minutes a game, provide some grit, and not get mistaken for a top six guy when Therrien juggles the lines around while saving some cap space.

From a hockey standpoint trading Prust makes a lot of sense but I think the effect on the room would be a negative that would be really hard to measure. I'd let him play out his contract and revisit the situation next year, either big pay cut or let him go.

From a hockey standpoint trading Prust makes a lot of sense but I think the effect on the room would be a negative that would be really hard to measure. I'd let him play out his contract and revisit the situation next year, either big pay cut or let him go.

Agree...

I would hate to see him dealt, but if he would help in a trade package for top 6 upgrade winger (or help get another draft pick), I wouldnt whine too much.