Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

They should pick up Bourque off waivers next year. He's got what it takes.

Ya, I heard he's a real playoff performer

Who's out there as a Rfa on teams that need to clear cap space. I know saad is a Rfa and Chicago doesn't have the cap space. Offer him around 4.5mil and I don't think they have the space to match it.

Even though they wouldn't have the space at that time, that offer sheet wouldn't stop them from matching it. They'd match, go over the cap temporarily, and make some moves to get back under by the time the season hits. It's the same with Dougie Hamilton in Boston. Everyone knows they can't realistically match an offer sheet if he were to get one but everyone also knows they'd match it all the same.

Chicago is a great team to do it to, since there is no way they will afford Seabrook next year.

I think the one team that is gonna either try to trade for him or offer sheet if needed is Pittsburgh, where Saad is a native of. The Pens don't really have anyone big coming up in their system for Chicago to try and poach back.

But the biggest thing about offer sheets is the player has to sign it. Saad might see Hossa and Sharp's age and with Teuvo and the Russian coming, knows he'll be the #3 forward on the team for years to come. Might decide to just stick with that.

I think the one team that is gonna either try to trade for him or offer sheet if needed is Pittsburgh, where Saad is a native of. The Pens don't really have anyone big coming up in their system for Chicago to try and poach back.

Pittsburgh can't offer sheet Saad as things stand, they don't have their own 2nd rounder in 2016.

I'm wondering why teams don't issue offer sheets more often? Is it frowned upon, or some sort of unwritten rule, or gentleman's agreement among GM's?

You've pretty much nailed it. There are GM's who take serious offence to those who submit offer sheets and it can have a negative affect in terms of trade talks or even opening yourself up to a revenge offer sheet. Plus, teams almost always match which probably scares some teams off.

I think that most of us here would be one of those sheister GM's haha

the guy i'd offer sheet is Tarasanko. He should be a hab.

Yup seems like collusion to me.

It makes business sense, but backdoor agreement to not help force player salaries higher.

You would think players union would make a stink about fact rarely any RFAs offered at least a token offer from any of 29 other franchises.

9$m/7 year offer. He'd be with it. Dump bodies afterwards if the blues don't match.

I love how know one brings up when perry and Getzlaf go whining to the refs, but God forbid if foreigners do it they are euro/russian trash.

I'd easily give up five first round picks for him. Plus Ron Caron would be proud.

Of course, any time Tarasenko doesn't score a goal he'll be accused of Russian laziness because this is Canada.

You've pretty much nailed it. There are GM's who take serious offence to those who submit offer sheets and it can have a negative affect in terms of trade talks or even opening yourself up to a revenge offer sheet. Plus, teams almost always match which probably scares some teams off.

That is true however this is one year where some teams are really vulnerable to the offer sheet. If one of these 30 "buddies" who call themselves GM's has any cajones, this could get interesting and ugly real quick.

The last team Bergevin is sending an offer sheet to is Chicago

Wouldn't want to offend his buddies.

9$m/7 year offer. He'd be with it. Dump bodies afterwards if the blues don't match.

I love how know one brings up when perry and Getzlaf go whining to the refs, but God forbid if foreigners do it they are euro/russian trash.

That's a lot of dumping.

Worst team ever for ref whining was the early 2000s Detroit Red Wings. I remember when Brian Burke called them on it how every Red Wing player would always goto a ref to argue a call instead of just Yzerman and the assistants.

At 0:52:

With all of this talk of offer sheets, here's a note on how Subban's agent was negotiating one (but it never got signed). That last part is the one a lot of people forget, the player has to want to go to the new team and has to sign the contract. It's not as simple as a team makes an offer and that's that.

Worst team ever for ref whining was the early 2000s Detroit Red Wings. I remember when Brian Burke called them on it how every Red Wing player would always goto a ref to argue a call instead of just Yzerman and the assistants.

At 0:52: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmujnpAyhwA

I actually think Burke is one of the whinisest GM's out there - in Toronto, Vancouver and Anaheim.

Ryan Callahan makes a face after every other play. Can't stand him.

At 0:52:

Brian Burke is the man. He speaks his mind, and he reminds of a typical Irish hardass from Boston.