Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Haven't heard it anywhere... just a thought.. but opinions on

Galchenyuk to Arizona for #3

Draft Strome, Marner, or Rantanen

The value makes sense since it's a #3 for a #3 but what does it do for Montreal right now? Yes, they get a top prospect but one that isn't going to make the impact Galchenyuk will next season. If this is a win now or win soon team, it's probably a step backwards unless there's a follow-up deal to replace Galchenyuk's production right away.

Hmm...interesting proposal, 3rd pick this year might be darn good, but at least a 1 (if Strome comes in and is rookie of year in 16-17) or 2 year set back.

Guest Stogey24

Risk that Strome will be a 20goal scorer his 3rd year in NHL?

Pretty slim risk I think.

Kid could end up in the AHL for 3 year for all we know. Then what?

Somehow, to me, this year's 3rd pick is not worth Galchenyuk, that is just insane to think it is.

Cannot believe the amount of trade Galchenyuk sh!t talk... ridiculous.

Is trade proposal thread and it seems Boston may be gonna do very similar trading Hamilton for 3rd.

Dosent mean think any less of Galchenyuk, but more that Strome is very appealing with 129points as 17year old is not-bad (Galchenyuk was similar in OHL, as an 18 yr old though) and wont cost any/little $ on cap this year

Guest Stogey24

Somehow, to me, this year's 3rd pick is not worth Galchenyuk, that is just insane to think it is.

He's not going anywhere, strome is sick though. Doesn't have anywhere close to the speed Galchenyuk has.

I have heard some shit about Markov cutting Galchenyuk's laces because his head gets a little oversized. Not a bad thing though.

Nothing less than 60pts for Chucky this year

If the kid has decided to play hardball, then yes I can see all the trade talk. I honestly think we may see an offer sheet. THEN we have a major decision to make. I base this on the rumours that he may not be happy with Le Genius and his ice time etc. Take it for what it is worth but at this point I am not going to be surprised if he is not a Hab next year. MB is known to be a tough negotiator.

On Wed July 1st;

Gilbert traded to team X for a 2016 pick.

Frolik signed by Habs

(not sure what $ will be needed to sign him, nor how much cap room Habs "could" have)

To Montreal:

- Patrick Sharp, RW

- 3rd round pick, 2016

To Chicago:

- Lars Eller, C

- Sven Andrighetto, RW

- Greg Pateryn, D

- 2nd round pick, 2016

Eller, Pateryn, Andy, and a 2nd is an overpayment for Sharp.

Maybe Sharp and Shaw. But not Sharp alone.

Eliminate Eller from the deal and I think it's enough.

Emelin Prust Andrighetto + 2nd 2016 | Conditional :: 1st 2016 :: Sharp re-ups

Sharp Bickell + 6th 2016

Sharp Bickell + 6th 2016

Sharp has two years left on his deal so the condition on that pick can't actually happen. (He couldn't sign an extension until July 1, 2016, which is after the 2016 draft.)

Sharp Bickell + 6th 2016

I dont think we want Bickle. He is their Emelin; a contract they would love to unload.

We shoulden't be in such a rush to pay whatever price to get sharp. He is coming off a season in which he scored 16 goals and he turns 34 just after Christmas. Plus Chicago is going to get crunched by the cap, we cant let them off the hook easy. They should be so lucky to get a 2 rounder for him. And for the trade proposals, Chicago is not going to take back significant salary, that is why they are looking to deal Sharp in the first place.

Im not saying its going to happen, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if another team is trying to unload Sharp's contract at this time next year. Have to manage expectations. Sharp could be a useful addition but I'm not sure he would be a savior at this point in his career.

Im not saying its going to happen, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if another team is trying to unload Sharp's contract at this time next year. Have to manage expectations. Sharp could be a useful addition but I'm not sure he would be a savior at this point in his career.

True. But the Habs don't need a saviour.

• Upvote 1

True. But the Habs don't need a saviour.

I didn't necessarily mean savior in that way. I just meant that he might not be the right player for the Habs at this time. Realistically, if he stays healthy for the whole season we're looking at 20-25 goals from him. He could be really good for us but just don't want to get carried away and pay too much considering his best days are behind him. Seems like something the Pens would do.

Or Sharp may play 5 or 6 more years and do great?

Is always a risk when wheeling and dealin, but agree that hope don't really overpay.

I didn't necessarily mean savior in that way. I just meant that he might not be the right player for the Habs at this time. Realistically, if he stays healthy for the whole season we're looking at 20-25 goals from him. He could be really good for us but just don't want to get carried away and pay too much considering his best days are behind him. Seems like something the Pens would do.

20-25 goals 25 more so would be ok. Along with 30-40 assists.