Andrei Kostitsyn traded to Nashville

dlbalr

My gut feeling is that he's going to be a solid second liner for the Preds, and playing for a coach that has a knack for building his players' confidence he will make this trade look worse and worse as he finds his 'A' game in Nashville.

I am really starting to hate the Habs organization as a whole...the whole lot of them need to be flushed like the turds they are: PG, Gainey, and the coaching staff. Just start over with people who are in tune with the modern game, please!

I dunno. I just like how in one of his last interviews when asked if he would like to play in Nashville he almost laughed and said "No I do not want to play in Nashille" He said it with some degree of pretentiousness or something haha.

I am really starting to hate the Habs organization as a whole...the whole lot of them need to be flushed like the turds they are: PG, Gainey, and the coaching staff. Just start over with people who are in tune with the modern game, please!

Unfortunately, I have to agree.. this is what PG now represents to me ...piece-meal mediocre trades where a little more vision and planning could have potentially netted a better return.

I hate this deal and now expect AK to blossom once he is out of mtl which seems to be the pattern for the last decade :wall:

I now am officially on the PG must go wagon--too bad it wasn't yesterday. :surrender:

Wolski, a similar player having a worse season brought back a 3rd and a bad contract, so a 2nd and 5th seems fair.

and Wolski is a shootout legend this year, something the panthers need big time.

The similarities between Higgins and Kostitsyn is pretty fun to see.

As a young player in a good situation with better players on his line, Higgins nearly scored 30 and seemed to be a 20+ goal scorer early on his career at worst. He got a few injuries and seemed to fall apart.

Kostitsyn is pretty much the same. Higgins is more of a leader, Kostitsyn is more of a hitter. Pretty much the same player. Pretty much the same amount of, "Oh no what did we lose?" in me.

This is me openly speculating here but I'd have to think this deal could've been done in the afternoon. If they wanted to claim one of the waived players though, the deal had to be done by noon. Perhaps a claim is coming?

I guessed right, yay?

Who cares if AK blossoms for a Western Conference team?

I've seen enough of this 27 year old who has played under 4 different coaches to know that it would never happen in Montreal. Keep in mind even if he scores 30 in a new city, that's not what we gave up. We gave up the 20 he might have scored as a Hab.

Who cares if AK blossoms for a Western Conference team?

I've seen enough of this 27 year old who has played under 4 different coaches to know that it would never happen in Montreal. Keep in mind even if he scores 30 in a new city, that's not what we gave up. We gave up the 20 he might have scored as a Hab.

+1

Good deal. Not a steal but fair return.

i agree, who knows maybe Habs will sign him in summer? I know, 1:1000 chance of that but would be fine with me if resigned him

Pretty solid return for a UFA to be. No way we could have get a 1st. AK can spend the next month in his brother's apart and he can always sign back with us next summer. Not sure why we would submit an offer though..

My question is: wasn't the 2012 draft supposed to be the good one? I'm reading that 2013 is gonna be better.

Should have got 2 firsts for him eh?

Or signed him for 2 mil per season ?

we should have improved our roster with AK46, IMO.

He was the perfect package piece with let's say Plekanec/Weber and a 1st for a true #1 C.

Now look at the Habs to finish 12th in the East, 25th in the league and miss Yaku - Grigo and Galchenyuk.

Unloading the team and tanking is for sore losers and I'm ######ing pissed.

Oh, to be losers like Pittsburgh and Chicago...

I've said it before and will repeat it :

I have ZERO respect for : Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Oilers and NYI.

ZERO.

Pretty solid return for a UFA to be. No way we could have get a 1st. AK can spend the next month in his brother's apart and he can always sign back with us next summer. Not sure why we would submit an offer though..

My question is: wasn't the 2012 draft supposed to be the good one? I'm reading that 2013 is gonna be better.

I have read similar.

And the habs have 3 2nds in it.

I've said it before and will repeat it :

I have ZERO respect for : Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, Oilers and NYI.

ZERO.

Then I hope the Habs do what Chicago and Pittsburgh have done and you have no respect for them

Of course like the Caps Islanders and Blue Jackets it could also be all for not.

I hope it is only one bad year and they are back in contention next year and 1 top pick could end up being the superstar they need.

Why? What's wrong with rebuilding your team through the draft?

What's wrong ? Duh, almost losing your franchise cuz your arena is empty cuz you offer a damn shitty product to your fans for YEARS !

I think the top end of the 2012 draft is strong but the depth is iffy. In 2013, the depth is better which is good for the three second round picks.