Latendresse?

hankhab

Eggs actly. Kovalev was a maestro. I miss the magic.

He played 22 games last year and although the guy had skills he individually tore apart that team. He is horrendous in the locker room, and we don;t need that anymore.

I like Kovalev, and he really seemed to love Montreal, but I just don't think he has it anymore, so I'm going to have to vote no, I'd take lats first if given the chance.

He played 22 games last year and although the guy had skills he individually tore apart that team. He is horrendous in the locker room, and we don;t need that anymore.

I get you Wiley. I'm not saying we should sign him...I'm just indulging a nostalgic reverie... try not to wake me... do not disturb.... :blush:

I get you Wiley. I'm not saying we should sign him...I'm just indulging a nostalgic reverie... try not to wake me... do not disturb.... :blush:

Kovalev was magic for the fans but he was a cancer....pardon the pun, in the locker room. if not for Kovie my guess is Koivu would retire a hab, Gomez would have never been acquired, etc...

Kovelev was Kovalev. A totally unique player who played by his own rules, with great doses of both dazzling panache and agonizing melodrama. He did not pay the least attention to the robotic 'rules' of pro hockey, and that was an immese part of his charm. The perfect player psychologically for a city that craves drama and style more than any other hockey market.

He gave us two excellent seasons and two disastrous ones, and without him the wonderful 2008 season never would have happened. Like most of us, I have nothing but fondness for what was easily the most entertaining Habs's player of the past 15 years. That he was capable of being an excellent leader seems clear from the way he single-handedly elevated the entire team in 2008. That he was also capable of being toxic waste is equally evident from 2007 and 2009.

All this being said, he is clearly washed up and even at his best, was ideally a complementary player to an already-strong core rather than a fundamental building block. God bless Kovalev - but bringing him back now really is a sentimental fan fantasy rather than a realistic hockey move. Alas.

Kovelev was Kovalev. A totally unique player who played by his own rules, with great doses of both dazzling panache and agonizing melodrama. He did not pay the least attention to the robotic 'rules' of pro hockey, and that was an immese part of his charm. The perfect player psychologically for a city that craves drama and style more than any other hockey market.

He gave us two excellent seasons and two disastrous ones, and without him the wonderful 2008 season never would have happened. Like most of us, I have nothing but fondness for what was easily the most entertaining Habs's player of the past 15 years. That he was capable of being an excellent leader seems clear from the way he single-handedly elevated the entire team in 2008. That he was also capable of being toxic waste is equally evident from 2007 and 2009.

All this being said, he is clearly washed up and even at his best, was ideally a complementary player to an already-strong core rather than a fundamental building block. God bless Kovalev - but bringing him back now really is a sentimental fan fantasy rather than a realistic hockey move. Alas.

Agreed, I think he was very entertaining in his time here. Thats why we should draft Grigs, people say, oh, not another Kovalev, but I say, if we can get an 18 year old Kovy, who in their right mind wouldn't want that?

Agreed, I think he was very entertaining in his time here. Thats why we should draft Grigs, people say, oh, not another Kovalev, but I say, if we can get an 18 year old Kovy, who in their right mind wouldn't want that?

His teammates

His teammates

and his coach who will be grey and bald in a month of le artiste

if lats wanted to sign for 1 to 1.5 million 1 year deal I would give him a chance to rebuild his career.

I think there will be teams that offer him a lot more then that.

and his coach who will be grey and bald in a month of le artiste

if lats wanted to sign for 1 to 1.5 million 1 year deal I would give him a chance to rebuild his career.

then I would wish him the best of luck cause he gonna need it.

I'm thinking he'd love to resign in Montreal, so I think he'd accept that here, if Bergevin is interested, who knows?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking he'd love to resign in Montreal, so I think he'd accept that here, if Bergevin is interested, who knows?

Just read a blurb in Spectors Hockey indicating that Latendresse would be "very receptive" to signing in Montreal, I guess we'll see sometime after Sunday.

Call him what you want, the guy knows how to put the puck in the net, and is a much better player than Pouliot.

His kid lives here. He's from here. He'll be motivated to sign here. We'll be able to sign him, and we should sign him, as long as he is inexpensive (say, $2 mil or less). We need LW, he is an effective big-body presence on the bottom-6 when healthy and showed himself capable of playing on the top-6 in Minny - again, when healthy. He's also the type of kid Therrien would probably love to try to turn around. Frankly, I'll be surprised if this doesn't happen.

Frankly I'd put money on him signing here; what with the current philosophy of bringing back ex-Habs to shore up coaching/management positions and all.

Why not take a chance on someone who has the pedigree and would love to things right the second time around. I bet you he falls asleep at night listening to chants of GUI, GUI, GUI on YouTube.