Feb 12th, 2013 - Lightning vs Habs

bar

Pathetic. This team is really starting to look like last years team.

Even if we do win it in OT or SO, Therrien should make'em sweat tomorrow. Losing a 3 goal lead with 6 minutes to go is simply unacceptable!

Wow, three pretty pathetic shots by Tampa. I will take it.

Price shouldve stood outside the net and then said "If the team can risk losing one point like this every game Im not going to save their asses anymore". And of course a Swede has to score two of the goals so I have to be reminded everywhere tomorrow. Swedes should be banned in the NHL..

This team has great difficulty scoring. They don't take advantage of breaks. They are the unluckiest bunch of boobs I have ever seen. There is no way this should have been this close. I wonder, do they simply hit every hot goalie in the league, or is it really they cant shoot and they cant score. I suggest they practice more scoring on Price and a lot less on budjai. Or lets do some skill competition and hit plates. our goal scoreers from last year had too long off and cannot score now. work the piss out of them.

Lars Eller: 10 games, on the fourth line for most of them, 13:29 TOI/G, 5 points

David Desharnais: 12 games, on the first line for most of them, 16:46 TOI/G, 5 points

Something wrong here folks.

Eller was the best player tonight. They cant keep him on the fourth line anymore after this.

Montreal defensemen by icetime:

Markov 26:38
Diaz 24:07
Gorges 22:09
Emelin 19:42
Subban 18:25
Boullion 17:13

Also PK time:

Diaz: 3:38

Gorges: 3:37

Markov: 3:12

Emelin: 2:32

Subban: 1:07

Get your crap together Therrien. Subban is one of our best penalty killing defencemen. Stop Mike Kostka'ing Diaz.

Machine's post is interesting. I'm not a great one for micro-analyses of coaching decisions - the fact is, ANY coach will make specific individual player-usage decisions with which fault can be found - but that overuse of Diaz at the expense of Subban does seem glaring. We do need to keep in mind that it's more than simple TOI, though (matchups play a role, as do other issues such as a coach wanting to 'send a message,' which is one reason Eller hasn't been playing more).

Clearly time to let Eller out of the doghouse. I'm still skeptical that he will 'get it' this quickly - I fear he's the sort, at this stage, that coaches have to constantly keep riding - but facts are facts. He's playing well and should be rewarded, especially with the team struggling as a whole.

The 3rd period collapse wouldn't be such a big deal if we hadn't been so terrible at defending leads last season. Clearly this team still has 'issues' (confidence? determination?) lingering the previous year - and so do fans. This is one area where Markov can't help because he's not as strong in his own end as he once was...Therrien had better find a way to flip the switch on this or we're in for yet another season of agony. Or maybe it's a matter of bearing down and slowly building confidence.

Machine's post is interesting. I'm not a great one for micro-analyses of coaching decisions - the fact is, ANY coach will make specific individual player-usage decisions with which fault can be found - but that overuse of Diaz at the expense of Subban does seem glaring. We do need to keep in mind that it's more than simple TOI, though (matchups play a role, as do other issues such as a coach wanting to 'send a message,' which is one reason Eller hasn't been playing more).

Clearly time to let Eller out of the doghouse. I'm still skeptical that he will 'get it' this quickly - I fear he's the sort, at this stage, that coaches have to constantly keep riding - but facts are facts. He's playing well and should be rewarded, especially with the team struggling as a whole.

The 3rd period collapse wouldn't be such a big deal if we hadn't been so terrible at defending leads last season. Clearly this team still has 'issues' (confidence? determination?) lingering the previous year - and so do fans. This is one area where Markov can't help because he's not as strong in his own end as he once was...Therrien had better find a way to flip the switch on this or we're in for yet another season of agony. Or maybe it's a matter of bearing down and slowly building confidence.

So now you want to break up our scoring line on Moen, Eller, and Armstrong???? :)

We looked unstoppable until the third. Cole and DD needs to watch a few games from the press box. Hedman's first goal was 100% Cole's fault. Hedman was Cole's man and he left him to get a hit, allowed Hedman to walk in undefended. Not seeing the effort from DD that we want eating up those minutes. He's had 1 good game and the rest have been sub-par. Both need to watch from the press box.

Starting to think you can put anyone with Galy and Chucky, while they didn't get any points Wolvie looked good with those 2. Hope the Bourque we saw tonight isn't the one we have from now on, he took a step backwards tonight. He had some good moments, but they were scarce.

For the love of god Therrian, adopt Detroit's entry in the offensive zone on the PP. Every team in the NHL and internationally has adopted it because it works, so do it. Getting tired of seeing the defense set up for a dump and we dump it in to them. It's evident their being told to dump it. Last PP in the 3rd Bourque gets it at the blue line and with nobody in front of him or near him, he dumps the puck in the corner even though he's already in the zone. We can have the best PP in the league, but it's useless if we can't setup in the zone FFS!

Here we go again...blame the coach, blame the coach, blame the coach :rolleyes: And when Therrien eventually gets canned, the next poor sap will once more become the root of all evil.

I've got news for everyone on this board. ANY coach favours veterans. ANY coach makes specific, detail decisions lots of fans disagree with. A significant number of Vancouver fans have bitched about Vigneault for years. Montrealers bitched - and how - about Pat Burns too. Martin had his team near the top of the league in practically every indicator EXCEPT power play. For this he was run out of town.

I don't like Therrien, never did. His track record reeks of mediocrity. But it is waaaay too early to start up the same old tired witch-hunt.

Let's see how he deals with a team that is obviously very fragile mentally (a hangover from last year) and - much more importantly - how he develops Subban and Eller. two key young players. I am not wholly optimistic. But this is a work in progress. Chill.

• Upvote 2

Montreal defensemen by icetime:

Markov 26:38

Diaz 24:07

Gorges 22:09

Emelin 19:42

Subban 18:25

Boullion 17:13

Also PK time:

Diaz: 3:38

Gorges: 3:37

Markov: 3:12

Emelin: 2:32

Subban: 1:07

Get your crap together Therrien. Subban is one of our best penalty killing defencemen. Stop Mike Kostka'ing Diaz.

Bergevin doesn't believe that PK is a 1st unit dman. Why should Therrien believe it ? :ph34r:

I find it odd that this place is still ragging on Cole when everywhere else I read with sensible posters has been saying that Cole was great just not on the scoresheet.

Yeah, he finally looked interested in playing hockey.

He hasn't entered "beast mode" yet, but it looks close.

I didn't see the game, but I would guess that Diaz getting this much time indicates he was used more on the PP. Perhaps Therrien is still limiting PK's minutes because he missed training camp and the start of the season. Just saying...

Also, the most important difference between this years team and last year is that they blew the lead, kept battling and got the two points. I for one am happy and grateful for the win. We have lots to improve on, but this team was always going to be a work in progress this season.