When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

you were doing so good there for a minute.

lol ..... hey when we all called to put sekac back in the line up......several games later the coach does it............... and it proves to be the right move. hey he gets paid to know this stuff before we do ...no?

so hr....i'm still "doing good"

i see things differently. (This is not unique to Habs fans - this is sports fans in general.)

Let's assume great things, and say the Montréal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup in 2015. (Humor me.)

-People will still be complaining about Therien if they complained before - the team will have won despite him, not because of him.

-Likewise, whichever players they hate most will still be in their doghouse. If they don't like Plekanec, 70 points and a Stanley Cup won't be enough to change their mind. If they think Desharnais is too small, it won't matter if his line catches fire in the playoffs, he'll be a passenger. If they don't think the Habs are a contender, the cup run will be a fortunate fluke, the team still sucked.

Fan negativity is usually not solved by results.

Well if you would like to be "humored" and play "make believe" i will oblige.....................If (as you dream) the habs win the cup in 015 i would not be complaining about anybody........but i would be happy for, and thanking Bob Gainey for aquiring Carey Price, PK Subban and Max Paceriotty the habs three best players, that the current management inherited.

lol ..... hey when we all called to put sekac back in the line up......several games later the coach does it............... and it proves to be the right move. hey he gets paid to know this stuff before we do ...no?

so hr....i'm still "doing good"

There are perfectly good reasons for him not to have put Sekac in until Bourque had been give the fair shot he'd earned from some pretty stellar play in the playoffs. Other commentators have mentioned this too. He was entitled to a chance to turn it around and the time to do it.

I sometimes think we fans can be awfully naive in how we imagine ourselves as great insight providers. Nobody can say MT didn't give Bourque a fair shot.. as he should have. That was the proper way to do it, especially if you've got somebody out there you'd like to come and play in Montreal. Bourque earned some indulgence on our part.

In terms of Bourque getting ice over Sekac, why are people so dismissive of the possibility that the Habs were shopping him and therefore dressing him in the hope that he'd play well enough to persuade other teams to take a flyer on him? This theory eliminates any "issues" between coach and management altogether, and seems pretty plausible to me. When you're trying to trade a guy, you don't, traditionally, depress his value by benching him.

Excellent point. MB must have been shopping him before waiving goodby. And he'd earned a full chance to turn it around by his stellar performance in the playoffs. All paid in full..

I really don't think our professional coches and mgrs are really all that dumb.

+/- apparently means a lot...unless you're named Lars Eller. Just saying.

I think it can mean a lot if you are much worse relative to other players/peers on team.

I think it can mean a lot if you are much worse relative to other players/peers on team.

Like Eller, whose -15 was a statistical outlier on the Habs last season, and whose -7 is continuing in exactly the same vein this year. This, while having fans repeatedly defend his defensive game.

Doesn't count, though, because he is L'il Baby Lars.

Like Eller, whose -15 was a statistical outlier on the Habs last season, and whose -7 is continuing in exactly the same vein this year. This, while having fans repeatedly defend his defensive game.

Yes agree dosent count and every bottom six Hab is -, but if Eller is given good linemates, like 11-27, a hot Bourque (and not boat-anchor -9 version of Rene), or simply a Sekac and different story.

How long till he and Sekac see PP time?

Eller a plus in play offs.....plekanic a minus 7

all relative i guess

it should be sooner rather than later! I've just about had it with DD! and besides, Max Perimeter is already outside, we cant have everyone on the perimeter ffs

i hear ya !

Yes agree dosent count and every bottom six Hab is -, but if Eller is given good linemates, like 11-27, a hot Bourque (and not boat-anchor -9 version of Rene), or simply a Sekac and different story.

How long till he and Sekac see PP time?

thats right. as long as Eller gets his game back to where it was in the play offs .... we'll be alright

and plekanic and dd dont get there game back to where it was in the play offs..... we'll be alright

same with moen post injuries to the noggen. with his time and service with us, it was only fair for him to see the ice again to find his way

I was forgetting that, and I agree. Weise was talking about "what a great room" the Habs have, the best, and you don't have that without the sense that you are in an essentially just relationship with the coach and management. Moen earned a solid chance to regain his form. We owe our players that.

ESPN recently ranked Therrien 12th among all NHL coaches which I'd say is fair.

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/story?storyId=11750963&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B"ref"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F"%7D

I would have to respectfully disagree, I believe that there are at lest 5 coaches in the bottom 18 who are better than him. Starting with Bob Hartley.

i hear that....... like plekanic a minus 7 in the play offs ......yet players like bourque weaver and Eller were plus 7 and plus 8

tends to mean something when you are always a minus in the play offs yet a plus in the reg season? on the same team?

I would have to respectfully disagree, I believe that there are at lest 5 coaches in the bottom 18 who are better than him. Starting with Bob Hartley.

And I thought you were a convert! :o