When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

I agree with what you are saying mostly, it was really a crappy time for the habs to be looking for a coach. There were very few to be had. The french only does not help. As to Gallant, Mr Molson if you recall promised the fans that the coach would speak french. There was no if's ands or buts to his statement. So no I don't think he was an option for MB.

good thing we dont "settle" for players they way we "settle" for coaches.

You malcontents can talk all you want, but MT gets a lot out of his roster, and it shows in the winning record. Name one better available coach right now...

Tampa lost to Buffalo too....

You malcontents can talk all you want, but MT gets a lot out of his roster, and it shows in the winning record. Name one better available coach right now...

As long as you have a winning record and your name isn't Carbonneau, you are the best coach available. I guess.

I'd have preferred Roy - regardless of language.

Who was available that only spoke English that would have been better than Michel Therrien?

Nobody ever comes up with a response to this, and the best response I heard at the time was Brent Sutter.

If Brent Sutter is your trump card? You're pretty much SOL.

There were some young coaches with zero experience out there that might have been good choices but nobody that had Therrien's resume, nor did they have Therrien's comfort in Montreal.

Therrien was never the ideal choice but he was the best available choice. Aside from not giving Larry Robinson the assistant coach position, I haven't seen an iota of proof that the choosing of Michel Therrien meant better candidates were excluded or ignored.

(Also, Gerard Gallant interviewed for the head coach position, so if he doesn't speak French, Bergevin still would have made him head coach if he liked him best.)

They had a much younger Subban who was being screwed around with. The also had dead weight in Gomez and labs role and were considered the most dysfunctionally run organization with how Martin and his assist and were fired, the trade for Kaberle and how the cammy trade went down.

On top of that, the owner pretty much cut off his coaches balls.

They also did not have Gally squared and additional character with Prust.

Friggin Moen was still getting top line minutes and Pp time.

Price, Subban, Max and Markov were all on the Habs in 2011-2012. Markov was the only one who played limited games (13). They finished bottom of the East.

People keep saying this, but saying it was a mistake to hire an Anglophone who can't speak French doesn't suddenly take away Randy Cunnyworth's ability to coach in the NHL. He was never a good enough coach to begin with. It sucks he was thrown under the bus like that but it doesn't change his game in, game out decisions with the roster.

I wanted Roy as well. Now he can't beat us for some reason haha.

They had a much younger Subban who was being screwed around with. The also had dead weight in Gomez and labs role and were considered the most dysfunctionally run organization with how Martin and his assist and were fired, the trade for Kaberle and how the cammy trade went down.

yes they are a different team with Markov in the line up....................but thousands have said that. Nothing new there.

Price, Subban, Max and Markov were all on the Habs in 2011-2012. Markov was the only one who played limited games (13). They finished bottom of the East.

yep, as has been said many many times, have missed Markov dearly and are a different team with him in the line up

Guest Stogey24

What an awful year that was to be a Habs. Martins coaching made for some of the most boring hockey to watch

"MT gets alot out of this roster"

MT is a passenger on this team. Has no clue.

What an awful year that was to be a Habs. Martins coaching made for some of the most boring hockey to watch

no more boring than tonights game. Or the 3 sabre games, both flames games, the hawks game, the lightening game, the oiler game, the nucks game, the leaf game, ..............caught alot of boring hab games this year.......Martins teams even worse i will admit , but this years team aint exactly the"flying frenchmen'

I missed the wild game thank god. seriously how do you get outshot 30 - 10 in the first two periods against the wild. they were just not prepared....

From what I have seen the Canadiens rarely are prepared. Opposing teams are likely incorporating that into their game plan..........get on this team right off the bat, they dont come ready.

Yes most teams plan to come out slow in 1st period of games and play rope a dope for awhile vs every team but Habs.

I doubt that.......but as Ken Hitchcock says during Olympics "my job is to prepare the team to play the opponent, finding and then exploiting the weaknesses in the opponents game is a big part of that"

well known habs weakness? They suck in the first period. Tens not to be ready to play hockey.............last night they showed up in the third period.

Ya gotta think that MT is going to have one of his classic explosions soon. I am very surprised he has kept his cool this long.

Why does this team come out flat in the first every game. In the past they used to come out guns ablazing. We still need that sniper, a guy who can score when you need it. Ya had to know that after that 1st fluke goal it was going to be a tough night. Healey the Hab hater trying to say it was Carey's fault. What a load of crap. When Healey played he was a sieve. Wouldn't be good enough to carry Price's jock strap for him. He is a P.O.S. well that is just my opinion.

The 3rd period we woke up, what happened they turn the heat off on the bench? They got cold and needed to skate to warm up? Then the dummest penalty get's called.

The Tangradi penalty was what exactly 5 mins for checking? No head hit tried not to put him into the boards, guy gets cut by his own visor. WTF. The 2nd fluke goal was 1/2 halfheartedly called by the ref as a goal, they went to Toronto to check it, they did not have a clue so the wrong call stands. Great system, I know they can't overturn a call on the ice unless they are sure. Le Genius had better start figuring out how to get this bunch to come out ready for a game, damn fast, or we are heading down the ladder boy's.

Well I don't know about you guys but I feel a lot better now that I got that off my chest. :habslogo: