Nov. 12, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

For those not watching this game, my condolences. This is Price's coming out party. This season has been fantastic so far, but tonight has been Roy quality and more.

It's so incredibly puzzling. It's practically part of the team identity at this point.

The identity I think is a team that could be really good, but can be dragged down or put behind the eight ball by a number of dogs at any point.

-Parros

-Desharnais

-Briere

-Bourque

-Bouillon

-Murray

Or maybe it's the fact that all of those bums are veterans.

They have to do something to hold onto the puck. One and done or a turnover for all but three sequences in the game. There's a lot to like about this team, but I'd go with Dumont/Leblanc/Beaulieu as NHL regulars to clear the logjam of mediocrity.

The habs have two moves. Come in slow and stick handle in way too tight, or come in fast and shoot wide.

If you are going to stick handle in, you have to shoot sooner or get far more lateral movement of the puck. Goalies don't even have to move until the last move.

The identity I think is a team that could be really good, but can be dragged down or put behind the eight ball by a number of dogs at any point.

-Parros

-Desharnais

-Briere

-Bourque

-Bouillon

-Murray

Or maybe it's the fact that all of those bums are veterans.

Gionta belongs on that list on far too many nights also.