Nov. 16, Rangers vs Habs, 7:00 PM

Meller93

Last year pacs got a fłuke goal from the redline. He was on fire after.

Frankly, I am not sure who is so hot right now with Gally seeing limited time due to the flu.

What exactly do you think MT should be doing? Break up the egg line?

Pressbox, Hamilton, 4th line are all better options.

Pressbox, Hamilton, 4th line are all better options.

I agree, but that means he is done and we have no replacement. It's not like we have a fifty point guy in the press box waiting.

I don't expect him to get going either, but I understand why that are still hoping he does.

On another note, Jagr who for two has repeatedly been spurned by the habs now has 7 goals, which over 3 times the goals than Briere and DD combined, at around half their combined salary and is twice their size. Nope, there as no reason for us to sign Jagr :angry2::wall:

I agree, but that means he is done and we have no replacement. It's not like we have a fifty point guy in the press box waiting.

I don't expect him to get going either, but I understand why that are still hoping he does.

Dumping him puts White in the lineup, Prust on the 4th line and Briere in the top 6. All of which are better than DD in the lineup getting more minutes that the EGG line.

An effort like this is really demoralizing. We generated next to nothing. No player really stepped up. The coaches had no solution either. It's the kind of game that makes you long for a big trade (Patches to Winnipeg for Kane, that sort of thing).

In a game where the team is so obviously lacking inspiration, at a certain point I'd take the shackles off Subban and just tell him to go nuts. The ensuing chaos would be both entertaining and quite likely to be offensively energizing.

iF Gallegher is sick, play Briere or Maxpac with Galchenyuk and Eller. Dd getting more ice time is plain lunacy, stupidity, idiocy and bullshit.

don't hold back now. Tell us how you really feel. let it loose. :)

I agree btw.

Why do we always wait until the last minute to pull the goalie? If the puck's in the offensive zone with around 2 minutes or less on the clock, we should go for it. Especially in this sort of game where we struggled to create chances.

The game was decided by a stupid penalty by Patches in the offensive zone. Otherwise, it was another pretty boring game where we were outplayed.

The Habs are more boring this year than usual.

Dumping him puts White in the lineup, Prust on the 4th line and Briere in the top 6. All of which are better than DD in the lineup getting more minutes that the EGG line.

Come on. The Egg line is playing wounded. Gally looks like hell and it won't be a surprise if Eller or Chucky is also sick. Mt has played the hell out of them lately. He isn't cutting their time for DD.

Frankly, no one looked like a scoring threat tonight. Briere was invisible. Pacs and Bourque were soft and useless. We have bigger issues on this team. We never should have signed DD or Briere, but there are no miracles in Hamilton to fix it now.

We are not a very good team.

We need a goal scorer and if we ever get one this will be a good team. As it is, this is pathetic. I just do not believe that every goal tender we face is amazing. Price must have a hell of a time staying focused in practice since he knows these clowns can't score.

I seem to recall last season's team playing a very aggressive forecheck. It doesn't seem to be happening any more - ?

The team needs a spark. Hard to see where it's gonna come from.

Here's another thought. This team looks exactly like what we expected the 2012-13 team to look like. Sigh.

Come on. The Egg line is playing wounded. Gally looks like hell and it won't be a surprise if Eller or Chucky is also sick. Mt has played the hell out of them lately. He isn't cutting their time for DD.

Frankly, no one looked like a scoring threat tonight. Briere was invisible. Pacs and Bourque were soft and useless. We have bigger issues on this team. We never should have signed DD or Briere, but there are no miracles in Hamilton to fix it now.

Briere was invisible because he didn't play he got 8 minutes of ice time while Desharnais got 18. I honestly can't complain about Briere's play since returning from a concussion. He has constantly been creating chances and setting up players in the little ice time he has gotten. last game he had an assist and a few nice setups one that Desharnais completely fanned on that should've been a goal. Tonight he helped create our best chance in the 3rd period when he setup Moen and the Rangers were throwing their sticks around left and right.

The fact that Briere got 8 minutes and Bournival got 7 while leading the team in hits is disturbing. Especially when watchin Bourque let up on so many chances to run a guy into the glass and get the puck. Then watch Desharnais turn the puck over or fumble it constantly.

I seem to recall last season's team playing a very aggressive forecheck. It doesn't seem to be happening any more - ?

The team needs a spark. Hard to see where it's gonna come from.

Here's another thought. This team looks exactly like what we expected the 2012-13 team to look like. Sigh.

Some people think this is a contender playing poorly. I think this team is a bubble team at best. They play over their head a bit, string together some wins. Then they lose a few. Classic .500 team. If last season was a full 82 games, I suspect we would have been a bubble team by the playoffs.

AC bozos are really letting Pacioretty and Bourque have it. They've got a point.

Pacioretty reminds me of Cammelleri, in the sense that Cammy used to come back from injury and then be terribly unproductive for the next dozen games. Patches seems to be doing the same thing. Probably because guys like that come back before they're healed.

EDIT: brobin, bubble team looks about right. MB had better make the right decisions at the deadline, because I think it's going to take more than we presently have, in terms of young talent, to become contenders. Hopefully this is just pessimistic.

[quote name="brobin" post="483626" timestamp="13846562

That's just the bottom line. Exacerbated by the bizarre "depth grab" by MB to cover injuries when the healthy team isn't up to snuff to begin with. Rookie GM mistake, he completely misevaluated this year's team, thinking they were a depth player, or clutch scorer away from being a solid playoff team. With the cap the way it is, they are stuck. No room for trades whatsoever, and if there is, the smart teams are making deals right now, when MB is worrying about DD and drinking cappuccinos and ironing those odd suits he wears. Chicago just made a deal and they're the Cup winners. I am convinced we're just happy to be .500 and have the media at bay.

That's just the bottom line. Exacerbated by the bizarre "depth grab" by MB to cover injuries when the healthy team isn't up to snuff to begin with. Rookie GM mistake, he completely misevaluated this year's team, thinking they were a depth player, or clutch scorer away from being a solid playoff team. With the cap the way it is, they are stuck. No room for trades whatsoever, and if there is, the smart teams are making deals right now, when MB is worrying about DD and drinking cappuccinos and ironing those odd suits he wears. Chicago just made a deal and they're the Cup winners. I am convinced we're just happy to be .500 and have the media at bay.

I'm not prepared to go this far. Every indicator is that Bergevin is playing the long game. If he thought we were contenders, he never would have signed Briere, which was a patchup job to tide us over until the team is scheduled to contend (i.e., in about two years). We'll know more from his actions at the deadline this season...or any big move he makes before then.

I wish we could swing a reasonable deal for Yak. I don't think they can get rid of Briere or DD so he should be adding solid young assets looking two or three years out. We also need another Prust type. Move where we bring in some grit.

Frankly, it is depressing watching Toronto with three or four sharpshooters winning games because they can score.

Holland, White, Leblanc, Bournival are all likely better choices and Eller, #27 and #11 shouldnt get less ice than DD should they?.