Jan. 11, Chicago vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

Plekanec was simply skating circles around everyone and I had forgot about him knocking Crawford's goalie stick across the ice and no penalty, that was humorous.

Too many good plays by lots of Habs, DD was even backchecking hard, Bourque threw a hit, Emelin was good with puck and a freight train again.

Maybe need to use Parros on the PP, "just stand in front of goalie" should be doable for him (but I would try Murray there first).

Man if Pleks had more finish, with the chances he generates with his relentless forecheck, he'd be a 60 goal scorer!

Or if he'd play with top level talent.. he'd would have better point production than the 50-60 he has averaged over the years.

Can we get this guy something better than Bourque, Gionta, Moen please?

I think the team should try Eller with Gionta soon, maybe try Plek with Gally.

Which Gally? I'd try Galleger with Pleks (I think that kid will help any line), but I don't know if Galchenyuk would be a good option. Galchenyuk needs to play with better finishers.

The return of Emelin might be the most significant aspect of last night's game.

Watching him crush guys from his natural side made me wonder if he should be playing with Subban on the left side. Gorges does quite well on the right side. Emelin does not. Gorges Markov, subban Emelin.

Which Gally? I'd try Galleger with Pleks (I think that kid will help any line), but I don't know if Galchenyuk would be a good option. Galchenyuk needs to play with better finishers.

Gally = Gallagher

Chuck = Galchenyuk

That said, Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher would both solve Galchenyuk's issue of needing a better finisher and give him the best possible playmaker at forward at the same time.

I wouldn't mind working something along the lines of:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Bourque

Briere - Eller - Gionta

That would of course needing to separate Kessel and Bozak... I mean Pacioretty and Desharnais.

Watching him crush guys from his natural side made me wonder if he should be playing with Subban on the left side. Gorges does quite well on the right side. Emelin does not. Gorges Markov, subban Emelin.

I am not 100% sure of this, but I think that Markov - Gorges has historically not been a great pairing.

Not quite right on the 4-2 score....but it could easily have been if not for the excellence of the goaltending :)

However, extremely pleased that the bounce-back game I predicted in the lamentable Philly GDT indeed came to pass. Even Bourque looked reasonable even though he still didn't score.

Can't put the two softies physically, Markov and Gorges together and the two hitters together Subban and Emelin..... not as balanced as the other way for the top 4..... Markov/Emelin, Gorges/Subban when it's 5 on 5.

Can't put the two softies physically, Markov and Gorges together and the two hitters together Subban and Emelin..... not as balanced as the other way for the top 4..... Markov/Emelin, Gorges/Subban when it's 5 on 5.

Which comes back to my theory that the move this year should be for a number 3 defenseman. Due to the cost. I really believe that 51 and 61 could bring this team a good 3rd defenseman and a 3rd line depth guy. I just don't see turning this team into a cycle team any time soon, so improving the transition is the best option the best way to do that would be to move all "D" other than 76 and 79 down the depth chart. This team's offense is poor because Therrien adjusted the system from last year and forwards are playing back too much. I want to see faster transitions out of the defensive zone and less getting hemmed in. A 3rd defenseman does this for me.

Don't get me wrong Habnut, I think Subban and Emelin would be a great pairing, if Gorges was replaced with a more suitable good sized puck mover to play with Markov in the top 4. Agree completely that we need that other D that you mention to bring a better by 25% transition out of our zone.....

Don't get me wrong Habnut, I think Subban and Emelin would be a great pairing, if Gorges was replaced with a more suitable good sized puck mover to play with Markov in the top 4. Agree completely that we need that other D that you mention to bring a better by 25% transition out of our zone.....

I would say you are right about the soft second pairing. Wouldn't exactly strike fear into other team's second lines.

The return of Emelin might be the most significant aspect of last night's game.

The best part of that for me, were the shots of him on the bench. It was obvious that he was relaxed and enjoying the game. Big wins like last night are exactly what the doctor ordered for team confidence and nerves. I suspect playing in the Olympic will be a boon for the team's experience level that will pay off in the playoffs.