Habs vs Leafs, Jan. 18 7pm

Neech

Well. I made it 30 minutes before I vomitted and switched to rds. I can't believe that the hnic leaf love in will continue after rogers has control. It's pretty sad what our defense looks like with Diaz out. Instead of my wish of everyone moving down the depth chart, all the d move up one. I hate losing to Leafs on CBC.

Before the beginning of the season, I hoped that Bergevin would trade Gorges while he was still tradable. I thought that Tinordi deserved a real chance and that we could not compete with him in the line-up.

MT needs to start using his brain a little and start making some smart decisions. Don't think MB will be getting this team any help.

Callups can sometimes be a precursor to a trade. They try some new blood to see if that is enough of an effect to shake things up. If that doesn't work and a shake up in the room is desired, then a trade becomes more likely. That said, I don't think anything is on the horizon, it'll be quiet until we get closer to deadline #1.

Not only that, but the line on the ice was Parros -Eller - Pacioretty. What the shit kind of line is that?

It looked like it was a partial line change. Eller/Parros only played 24 seconds that shift (they replaced Gallagher/Desharnais) while Pacioretty was near a minute.

I hope your right, but the scratches are for the flu except Bourque is guess.

I just don't see what he can trade to improve the team, Pleks and Markov are the only players who will bring back a big return.

They can trade garbage for garbage, hopefully the garbage back is bigger and tougher then the players leaving

Gawd I *HATE* Glen Healy. He's such a homer. "Strange goals by the Habs". Nothing wrong with the first two. He wouldn't have stopped anything the Habs put on net tonight, even in his "prime".

Gawd I *HATE* Glen Healy. He's such a homer. "Strange goals by the Habs". Nothing wrong with the first two. He wouldn't have stopped anything the Habs put on net tonight, even in his "prime".

I flipped channels to hear what they would say. That was a beauty tip by 51. The 11 goal was clean. Not sure what he's on about.

Ugh! :wall:

After Don Cherry, the guy that Sportsnet has to *not* pick up is Glenn Healy.

Of course since Rogers has a big ownership in the Leafs, they're more likely to keep him and give him his own show on Sportsnet. :-(

What a joke... Out skilled by Toronto..

It is time we face the facts that we have a few decent play makers and ONE goal scorer. I love Gally, but he is a grinder who will probably have a short career. He is not a sniper.

Bourque, Briere, Gionta... All three are suppose to be goal scorers and simply are not anymore. We need to trade for a decent, young sniper. We have to stop wasting money on old guys in decline.

As bad as the offense is, the defense is clearly not good. The only 2 I would keep is Emeilin (move back to the LD and Subban. The rest can go. #40 was plus 1,every other dman a minus.

We were done in by defensive gaffes. Emelin had a hand in each goal against - he's a serious defensive liability, and we can only hope the Olympics can help turn him around. Gorges is good when he's invisible, and unfortunately his needless turnover caused one goal. In the final minute, Markov looked less poised than Beaulieu.

It was a pretty even game but the Leafs were a bit more opportunistic. I thought we showed fight but made an error too many.

After Don Cherry, the guy that Sportsnet has to *not* pick up is Glenn Healy.

Of course since Rogers has a big ownership in the Leafs, they're more likely to keep him and give him his own show on Sportsnet. :-(

He too has ties to Sportsnet via the radio. I think he'll stick around as well. I don't mind him as much, he hates every team at some point. He has ripped the Leafs many a time before as well.

I think tonight we saw why Diaz still has a role on this team (which doesn't bug me in the least). He can still skate and pass his way out of trouble. Not many others have that luxury. Markov can pass but clearly has lost a step, Emelin is struggling to do either while Gorges is iffy in those areas too. Bouillon can also skate but not many I don't think want him handling the puck. When you're down to just one regular who can do both of those attributes consistently well (Subban), your ability to counter-attack and clear the puck gets much more difficult.

With the Habs off until Wednesday, expect Beaulieu and Nattinen to be sent down in the not-too-distant future.

I know we lost but I loved the game. We scored, we looked good and put an effort forth most of the game. Price, despite allowing 4 goals, made some great saves. It was the type of game we lost but doesn't make me feel like we're going on a losing skid

• Upvote 1

Maybe we should just ditch Emelin in the top 4 for now. Reunite Subban-Markov, put Gorges with Bouillon/Murray/a rookie, and put Diaz and Emelin together.

Alright, so that's basically a bottom 4 after the top pairing, but it might work better than having Emelin on his wrong side and playing big minutes with Markov.

Can we never, ever, ever see Parros on the ice again? Enforcers don't even want to fight him anymore. We're better off killing a penalty than going 5 on 5 with George out there.

One positive from Bourque in the pressbox was that Bournival was given a steady top-9 role, and I thought he looked pretty good.

Well. I made it 30 minutes before I vomitted and switched to rds. I can't believe that the hnic leaf love in will continue after rogers has control. It's pretty sad what our defense looks like with Diaz out. Instead of my wish of everyone moving down the depth chart, all the d move up one. I hate losing to Leafs on CBC.

You don't think the leaf's love will continue with Rogers??? Sportsnet west has leaf's lunch and the talking heads talk nothing but the leafs.

What a joke... Out skilled by Toronto..

It is time we face the facts that we have a few decent play makers and ONE goal scorer. I love Gally, but he is a grinder who will probably have a short career. He is not a sniper.

Bourque, Briere, Gionta... All three are suppose to be goal scorers and simply are not anymore. We need to trade for a decent, young sniper. We have to stop wasting money on old guys in decline.

Gally is being screwed by playing with two guys that pass to each other 80% of the time. I'd rather put him with Eller and put Bournavil with DD and Maxpac.