2014 Trade deadline: who do we want?

JGC21

Quantity does not equal quality.

If I'm Edmonton I don't accept anything from Montreal for Yak/Eberle/Hopkins/Yakupov/Hall that isn't Galchenyuk or Subban.

I absolutely agree! Too many times people have a tendency of over valuing the value of their players and undervaluing the value of other players. There's no way you can get your hands on one of the elite YOUNG players from Edmonton without sending either Subban or Galchenyuk the other way.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree! Too many times people have a tendency of over valuing the value of their players and undervaluing the value of other players. There's no way you can get your hands on one of the elite YOUNG players from Edmonton without sending either Subban or Galchenyuk the other way.

yes there is

There are really only three ways:

1. GM undervalues player before they play on the team (Filip Forsberg, Ryan McDonaugh)

2. Player gets traded because they want to leave/haven't performed in a package where coming back is players of similar status (Alex Daigle, Dany Heatley)

3. Team prefers veterans over young player due to their team depth (Jarome Iginla, Tyler Seguin)

Otherwise you wait for free agency.

I want Bourque gone. If Bergevin does that, I'll be happy. Heck he could trade for a loser like Hemsky or Stempniak but as long as Bourque is gone I won't care.

I agree. If Washington can unload Erat for two (2!) players then I don't see why we can't get something of value for Bourque. Hell, a 4th round pick to upgrade the 5th we just traded would be an improvement for me. And for once, I dont care if he scores for the other team. I am just sick of seeing so much skill and potential achiveing so little

Guest Stogey24

I agree. If Washington can unload Erat for two (2!) players then I don't see why we can't get something of value for Bourque. Hell, a 4th round pick to upgrade the 5th we just traded would be an improvement for me. And for once, I dont care if he scores for the other team. I am just sick of seeing so much skill and potential achiveing so little

He's played better lately. He should be moved though.

One of the players Washington got for him cleared waivers multiple times this year. It's not as if they got a high quality player back.

I restate what I've said the past few years, I don't expect any moves from Montreal this year. Weaver and done.

Montreal (I believe Rick Dudley with Bergevin having final word) is trying to move Rene Bourque. Was in talks with LA but that might be done with Gaborik going there. Islanders and Avalanche still talking. Adrian Dater said Roy always liked how Bourque drives to the net. I'd expect him going to Colorado.

Montreal (I believe Rick Dudley with Bergevin having final word) is trying to move Rene Bourque. Was in talks with LA but that might be done with Gaborik going there. Islanders and Avalanche still talking. Adrian Dater said Roy always liked how Bourque drives to the net. I'd expect him going to Colorado.

I say it's for a 5th round, to re-coup what we gave to Florida. Doubt teams are willing to pay for anything more for this guy.

I say it's for a 5th round, to re-coup what we gave to Florida. Doubt teams are willing to pay for anything more for this guy.

Agreed. If Anaheim only got a 4th round pick for Dustin Penner, I don't expect Bourque to get us much more than a 5th rounder.

I assume Vanek would cost us alot... Probably something like Eller, a 1st round pick and a 2nd rounder as well...probably even more!

I assume Vanek would cost us alot... Probably something like Eller, a 1st round pick and a 2nd rounder as well...probably even more!

SO glad you were so WRONG!! :)

Likely that Bournival is sent down when he's healthy?

Going to be really hard to crack this lineup... I'd leave the pressbox sitting to White, Weise and Parros, personally.

White has been better than Prust this season.

I doubt any of us would have gone and said jeez ya know we should pick up Dubnyk maybe weaver oh and lets pick up Vanek while we are at it. I could have lived without 2 of these deals but the 3rd makes up for the rest I guess.