ECF-Game 2-Rangers at Canadiens

Guest Stogey24

Putting in Tokarski is a statement of non-confidence in our officical backup. So if Tokarski starts and fails.....

A very tough call..but I wasn't at the last practice and don't have to make that call..i'm happy to report...

Basically Budaj won't be with Montreal next year if Tokarski gets the start tonight. In my eyes

Good luck Gents. Rangers are on a mission! Let's go!

I'd say they accomplished their "mission" in game one. Kreider did, at least.

On the other hand, right now, all the pressure is on NY. With Price, the Habs are an obvious favorite. Without him, there is no reason the rangers shouldn't win this. If you fail to win now, you collapsed. Montreal, well, if they manage to win without their best player, it will be a huge upset.

Basically Budaj won't be with Montreal next year if Tokarski gets the start tonight. In my eyes

Maybe he shouldn't be.

Seriously, he wasn't a very reliable backup.

Putting in Tokarski is a statement of non-confidence in our officical backup. So if Tokarski starts and fails.....

A very tough call..but I wasn't at the last practice and don't have to make that call..i'm happy to report...

It is what it is. I for one have zero confidence in budaj to perform when it counts.

It is what it is. I for one have zero confidence in budaj to perform when it counts.

He'll always have Boston...

This is big for Tokarski's wallet. If he gives MTL a chance to win the series, he might go full-time. He made around 110k, if he's full-time next year, he'll make 550k.

Yep me too. Hey here's a move that I agree with MT on. Where's Don now? See I don't always disagree with MT just most of the time. :halm:

Go Forking Habs Go. :gohabsgo:

Let's go Fork em up real good.

We don't know who will start in goal, and maybe we can't agree on who SHOULD start in goal ... but let's all pull together for the Habs tonight and take back the momentum in this series!

Tokarski's AHL playoff numbers for those interested:

20 starts, 14-6 record, 1.67 GAA, .933 SV%, 4 SO

Most of that came from their run to the Calder Cup in 2012 when they took out the Marlies.

Galchenyuk apparently was seen doing his usual pregame routine (where he sits at the bench and stickhandles) so that's a sign he may be back...or the Habs are employing quite the smokescreen.

Tokarski's AHL playoff numbers for those interested:

20 starts, 14-6 record, 1.67 GAA, .933 SV%, 4 SO

Most of that came from their run to the Calder Cup in 2012 when they took out the Marlies.

That is pretty impressive. I don't think making him the backup next year is out of the question (if he does well in the playoffs) but what do we do with Budai?

Lets look at this from Tokarskis perspective. All he has to do is win eight games while not losing to many and he will suddenly be a hero. Its a hell of a chance for him.

That is pretty impressive. I don't think making him the backup next year is out of the question (if he does well in the playoffs) but what do we do with Budai?

If he does well and convinces management he's ready to be the backup next year - and we're a ways away from that happening - they'd likely deal Budaj and sign a veteran 3rd stringer (like they did with Nathan Lawson a few years back). It's a bit early to hypothesize about that though.

If he does well and convinces management he's ready to be the backup next year - and we're a ways away from that happening - they'd likely deal Budaj and sign a veteran 3rd stringer (like they did with Nathan Lawson a few years back). It's a bit early to hypothesize about that though.

I agree I was really just reponding to some of the comments regarding him. I think that he is a little too close to Price in age and may not want to wait till Price gets tired. I mean how many young goalies wanted to wait behind Martin F Brodeur.

Calm down a little on Budaj. He was very good this year except the western swing. He has 1 more year left on his deal and I don't see him going anywhere. Tokarski is under a new 2 year deal.

The other thing is if Budaj would get shelled tonight, do want the rookie starting at MSG? probably not. If Tokarski plays well, he stays in, if he doesn't Budaj get the road game. Something which he has excelled in all year.

C'mooooooooonnnnnn Habs!

I don't know about you guys but I'm sacrificing watching prince Phillip and what's her name on TV from Nova Scotia . Apparently tens of people showed up to meet them...

Now won't that be interesting.

Vanek-Galchenyuk-Plekanec, will they have any chemistry? Tantalizing skill on the wings.

Sorry to see Bournival sit, but want to see Galchenyuk get some playoff games under his belt.

:wavetowel: GHG!

I agree with you. I guess that the decision was already taken before the end of the season.

C'mooooooooonnnnnn Habs!

I don't know about you guys but I'm sacrificing watching prince Phillip and what's her name on TV from Nova Scotia . Apparently tens of people showed up to meet them...

Those were probably the local Bruins fans ...

I would have kept Bournival in the line-up. Prust would have gone upstairs.

I agree. But hopefully MT made the right call!