Overthrow the Monarchy! Kings @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM EST

What no :cry_smile: about old d-men, poor coaching, stupid Markov contract today.

And Plekanec 22points now, must be worth a 'he will still suck in playoffs comment".

Funny how points all of a sudden don't matter, when used to show how useful a role and relatively productive DD actually is?

So, wont hear anymore complaints about DD scoring/not-scoring I assume? Would be a nice change. :thumbs_up:

A bit more optimism is always welcome. "..it does not seem too much use being anything else."

I certainly don't hate DD but I think we need an upgrade at that position. There are others as well. Until we get the upgrade, he will do.

Galchenyuk is the upgrade.

Now ship DD + Parenteau + ___ for a real 1st line RW. (not that I don't like Gallagher and Sekac...)

• Upvote 1

What no :cry_smile: about old d-men, poor coaching, stupid Markov contract today.

And Plekanec 22points now, must be worth a 'he will still suck in playoffs comment".

Funny how points all of a sudden don't matter, when used to show how useful a role and relatively productive DD actually is?

So, wont hear anymore complaints about DD scoring/not-scoring I assume? Would be a nice change. :thumbs_up:

A bit more optimism is always welcome. "..it does not seem too much use being anything else."

1. i heard atleast six times on media, radio, tsn that dd got his first even strength goal in 52 games...........longest strak by hab center since scott gomez. Who holds the record. So you may not hear as much from me on dd as long as he aint on the first line........but ya may hear it elsewhere..........mayor of montreal may speak up on the subject again.

2. I have never mentioned the Markov contract once. If I did it would have been positive . I love the guy.

3. Will have to wait for play offs for pleks to continue to be a minus player ............ but he may have one good play off in him you would think? nah i doubt it....his game just cant hold water when it switches to "play off hockey"

4. "Old d-men"?..... nope , when therrien does what i tell him ("bring up the kid and leave him there") i drop that.

5. "PUT CHUCKY AT CENTER" ........... bout time MT realized that.

any more " :cry_smile:" about posts you dont agree with? cheers

any more :cry_smile: about posts that contain critiques you dont agree with? cheers

yeah point per $ mean squat to me also. DD will not unseat Eller on 3rd line. I can't wait for the shit-storm it'll create when DD gets healthy scratched haha

I suspect that may take a while. When Eller comes back, it'll likely be Andrighetto getting sat/demoted. How often was Desharnais scratched during that horrific stretch last year? If he wasn't getting sat much then, he certainly won't now while he puts a few points up here and there.

I still think DD would be fine on the wing.

Here's the thing... we are playing three offensive lines.

Bournival, Weise, Prust, Malholtra, these are not offensive players.

You want 9 guys who can produce offence.

Including DD we have 8 guys who have proven that they can produce offence in this league. If we count Andrighetto, only then do we reach nine and Andrighetto is playing great but far from proven.

As far as his game goes... DD's problem has always been containing big players whether that be them driving to the net without the puck... or when they have the puck in the cycle. When dd is digging for a loose puck he gets low and actually wins the battle more than youd expect.

In that way on the wing hed have fewer containment responsibilities in his own end... he wouldnt be supporting the defence down low as often... and while hed be on the boards more offensively thats never been as big an issue.

This is true of most smaller players and is why guys like st.louis, fleury, cammalleri, and others played centre in junior or college but moved to wing in the pros.

I think a DD - Eller - Parenteau line could be an effective third line, and it also allows you to move DD back to centre if you have injuries.

"wont hear any more complaints about dd i assume"

well now that our complaint (him as the first line center) has been addressed (and he no longer is) ... no there wont be...duh.

Including DD we have 8 guys who have proven that they can produce offence in this league. If we count Andrighetto, only then do we reach nine and Andrighetto is playing great but far from proven.

As far as his game goes... DD's problem has always been containing big players whether that be them driving to the net without the puck... or when they have the puck in the cycle. When dd is digging for a loose puck he gets low and actually wins the battle more than youd expect.

In that way on the wing hed have fewer containment responsibilities in his own end... he wouldnt be supporting the defence down low as often... and while hed be on the boards more offensively thats never been as big an issue.

This is true of most smaller players and is why guys like st.louis, fleury, cammalleri, and others played centre in junior or college but moved to wing in the pros.

I think a DD - Eller - Parenteau line could be an effective third line, and it also allows you to move DD back to centre if you have injuries.

Interesting analysis Commandant. Thanks

I suspect that may take a while. When Eller comes back, it'll likely be Andrighetto getting sat/demoted. How often was Desharnais scratched during that horrific stretch last year? If he wasn't getting sat much then, he certainly won't now while he puts a few points up here and there.

true , he went 21 the first games with 1 assist then got scratched after the mayor was calling for him to be bussed to hamilton. bourque gets reemed,demoted then traded for less. ha! but thats all history. DD is not the habs number one center finally.

Guest Stogey24

Little different now though, with Galchenyuk playing centre

Guest Stogey24

He's been at C for all of three games this year. It's far from being permanent. They'll move Galchenyuk (or another C) to the wing before benching Desharnais.

They wont if Galchenyuk finds his game at centre. Your right though, not enough time to tell.

They wont if Galchenyuk finds his game at centre

Sure, they might. If it's deemed that it would help the team even if it slides Galchenyuk back (ie, the other C's would be worse at the wing than Galchenyuk), he could easily go back. With Eller close to returning, Galchenyuk could be back on the wing as early as next week. It's far from a guarantee that he stays at C full-time. (I'd keep going but I have a column about this that will go up sometime this week.)

Guest Stogey24

Sure, they might. If it's deemed that it would help the team even if it slides Galchenyuk back (ie, the other C's would be worse at the wing than Galchenyuk), he could easily go back. With Eller close to returning, Galchenyuk could be back on the wing as early as next week. It's far from a guarantee that he stays at C full-time. (I'd keep going but I have a column about this that will go up sometime this week.)

No, I definitely hear ya. I just think Desharnais becomes a less prominent piece if Galchenyuk sticks at centre.

Um, molg...what about them? I've only mentioned DD. Take him outta Mtl and he doesn't last. The guy can't skate, can't shoot, won't shoot, he's not a top 6 forward, he's neither big or tough enough for bottom 6. Great guy and all, but it's been 21 fn years.

Last 52 games 1 even strength goal playing first line center with wingers like paceriotty, vanek, gallagher.

He would not be the number one center on any other nhl roster and its high time he ceased being ours. Nobody can dispute that.

• Upvote 1

Last 52 games 1 even strength goal playing first line center with wingers like paceriotty, vanek, gallagher.

He would not be the number one center on any other nhl roster and its high time he ceased being ours. Nobody can dispute that.

He's not our number one center, Plekanec is. Plekanec has more points and is used in more situations. DD is a .5-.66 PPG center who should play on the second or third line, but has EARNED his way onto the top lines because of his success, dependability to produce and chemistry with Pacioretty.

He's not our number one center, Plekanec is. Plekanec has more points and is used in more situations. DD is a .5-.66 PPG center who should play on the second or third line, but has EARNED his way onto the top lines because of his success, dependability to produce and chemistry with Pacioretty.

You better stop being sensible, remember who you're talking to..... :wall:

Speaking of reasonable....

Awesome post!