Overthrow the Monarchy! Kings @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM EST

I believe Kopitar was the one some say he should have taken.

that's who i wanted the habs to pick. I bet if Pouliot was available, Gainey would have taken him.

The funny thing is Benoit Pouliot was picked 1 ahead of Price, and Gilbert Brule was 1 after. Anyone want to trade any of those around?

i really think Pouliot would have been taken if he was available. I think we dodged a bullet there.

i really think Pouliot would have been taken if he was available. I think we dodged a bullet there.

Could be, of course we have no idea if we would have had the chance in the second round, with the 45th overall when we pick latendresse. Without Price in the first what a shitty draft that would have been pour les habs.

it was a shitty 1st round for everybody but just a handful of teams price, crosby, kopitar, ryan, staal, rask, oshie neal, stasny, vlasic, mcquaid, letang bishop and quick only strong picks after 3 rounds give or take a few more

it was a shitty 1st round for everybody but just a handful of teams price, crosby, kopitar, ryan, staal, rask, oshie neal, stasny, vlasic, mcquaid, letang bishop and quick only strong picks after 3 rounds give or take a few more

even ryan at #2 was bad. I like Ryan, but at the #2 spot, you'd want more of a franchise type player. Ryan gets paid like one because ottawa had to pay him that much to keep him, but is probably getting around $2M more than he is worth. Umbelievable that he is getting $2.5M more than MaxPac - who is probably the best bargain in the NHL.

even ryan at #2 was bad. I like Ryan, but at the #2 spot, you'd want more of a franchise type player. Ryan gets paid like one because ottawa had to pay him that much to keep him, but is probably getting around $2M more than he is worth. Umbelievable that he is getting $2.5M more than MaxPac - who is probably the best bargain in the NHL.

Best bargains I'd say go John Tavares at $5.5M, Sidney Crosby at $8.7M then Max Pacioretty at $4.5M. To get the best player in the game for anything less than max will be a bargain and he's under $10M.

• Upvote 1

Bargain eh?

Max 121 points past 3 years

DD has 98points

So given $4.5/yr vs $3.5/yr

So tis a fact - DD has more offense/$ than his sidekick, for all the bitching about him he does OK.

Habs offense has 3 guys at 54th in scoring (bit better lately); but at least Subban is 6th best d-man.

1 goal in 1st

2 in 2nd

3 in 3rd

I will take that slow start and big finish any day.

Price was hot right from drop of puck and dang awesome performance. :thumbs_up:

sure as long as Price is back that there, who needs to come out strong

Bargain eh?

Max 121 points past 3 years

DD has 98points

So given $4.5/yr vs $3.5/yr

So tis a fact - DD has more offense/$ than his sidekick, for all the bitching about him he does OK.

Habs offense has 3 guys at 54th in scoring (bit better lately); but at least Subban is 6th best d-man.

The difference comes in what position they play.

For three of the past four seasons, Max Pacioretty has been Top 10 in LW scoring (he was #11 last season). This year he sits at #14. He's one of the best players at his position in the league and does it for under $5M. To be more definitive, Max Pacioretty has been one of the 15 best left wingers in the game since 2011-2012.

Centers tend to come at a higher price with higher expectations in their position. DD's best scoring position was 21st for all centers. Top 30 at $3.5M is a pretty good price but that was 11-12 and I think he wasn't signed yet. Doesn't count. He hasn't been Top 30 since. Plek has been a bit more consistent. Since 07-08 he has finished in the Top 30 five times (08-09 and 13-14 were his out years, 09-10 his only Top 15/Top 20 finish) and if he keeps his current rate he'll be Top 30 again.

Subban went 27th in 11-12 to 1st in 12-13 to 5th inn 13-14 and now sits 6th. He could finish Top 5 again which would show his consistency as a Top 5 defensive scorer. He's no bargain but he's deserving to be the highest paid D-man if he can finish Top 5 in D scoring every year. If Subban was hit and miss we'd have a problem.

Price plays most of hab games.

Yes, even more so after the second loss to Sabres . As i stated after that loss at the bell center (game price should have played)"it will be a while before you see him sit a game". He has played every game since. He is the most valuable player TO HIS TEAM in the nhl.

2 points in 2 games so far... (hooray for small sample sizes...)

In his first season he was on pace for 42 points playing with Pyatt, White, Pouliot, and Darche as his wingers......

The guy is a decent NHL player. The issue is that he isn't a number 1 centre so he's hated by plenty of people. However there is no reason why he can't produce in a second/third line role.

• Upvote 1

In his first season he was on pace for 42 points playing with Pyatt, White, Pouliot, and Darche as his wingers......

The guy is a decent NHL player. The issue is that he isn't a number 1 centre so he's hated by plenty of people. However there is no reason why he can't produce in a second/third line role.

I certainly don't hate DD but I think we need an upgrade at that position. There are others as well. Until we get the upgrade, he will do.

How I look at it:

Plekanec: B+ center

Desharnais: B- center

Eller: B- center

Galchenyuk: Potentially an A+ center, currently ? center

Once Chuck gets close to his A potential, it means we have two B- centers that fit better on the third line than anywhere else and fitting either on the fourth is a waste of $3.5M. It's then about choosing either the more well rounded Eller (who is prone to long term droughts but can also explode) or the fireplug offensive Desharnais (who is a 40-60 point centerman that doesn't play much defence but can match up against top lines on the road). For most, Eller makes the most sense. I'm not sure which makes sense going forward.

can we stop the DD bs now please? see how many pts per $ he gets now that he doesn't have the golden goose at his side

Points per dollar mean squat to me......This aint a fantasy pool. When he was playing first line center i posted that he is not one. I also posted that he is a 3rd line center....................as long as he plays there I have no qualms.

I also posted that he is a 3rd line center....................as long as he plays there I have no qualms.

Yes, even more so after the second loss to Sabres . As i stated after that loss at the bell center (game price should have played)"it will be a while before you see him sit a game". He has played every game since. He is the most valuable player TO HIS TEAM in the nhl.