Remember hockey? Hurricanes @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM EST

how many hatricks did dd get playing center for 6347 games with paceriotty ?

I think that's the key point if the Yukyuk move works out....2 shooters. Two strong players..Gally may be the stronger... More aggressive play in the other end. As others have pointed out Yukyuk is very strong in individual skills. How he'll work out feeding Pacman is the work in progress... but if he can bang in a few while we're waiting... sure helps..

This can only help DD as well methinks. He'll have to play as DD and not as P's assistant.

hahahaha post #30 of this very same thread :D

Totally admitted my crow meal if you guys actually read posts ;)

Actually, I never thought they were attracted to each other either.

• Upvote 1

Totally admitted my crow meal if you guys actually read posts ;)

Yeah. Just because I quoted right after post #30. Knowing the final result before reading this was damn funny.

Best passing game of Patches' career.

Helps when you play with someone who is actually a threat to score. Weisse and DD aren't really viable go to passing options.

I think playing with chucky should give Maxpac more room as well.

• Upvote 2

Helps when you play with someone who is actually a threat to score. Weisse and DD aren't really viable go to passing options.

I think playing with chucky should give Maxpac more room as well.

Couldn't agree more. I could see Sekac on this line pretty easily, once he gets a little more established. Also the defense should see more room. Perhaps the PP gets a shot in the arm.

• Upvote 1

MoLG wins stand up guy award for not only accepting that crow, but owning it! I have to admit, in the 1st period, I was wondering the same....

Habs 30/31, you work in the Department of redundancy department, of a redundant supermarket chain of supermarkets??

Just shitt!n ya....

Seriously though, get an avatar over there on the left.... on the left....

I think that's the key point if the Yukyuk move works out....2 shooters. Two strong players..Gally may be the stronger... More aggressive play in the other end. As others have pointed out Yukyuk is very strong in individual skills. How he'll work out feeding Pacman is the work in progress... but if he can bang in a few while we're waiting... sure helps..

This can only help DD as well methinks. He'll have to play as DD and not as P's assistant.

yes and mainly it will help get dd away from going up against the top Dpair every night, as well as the opposing top line.

Guest Stogey24

Best passing game of Patches' career.

Its pretty crazy how much he's developed his game over the last couple seasons. He's really rounding his game out

Fantastic to see Galchenyuk look like such a devastating scorer out there. This may sound weird, but I loved the way he looked on those goals - like absolutely nothing was going to stop him from drilling that damned thing into the back of the net. I've been a little worried over the past couple of years about Gaky's propensity to deke out five guys but failing, at the end, to actually put the chance away. He looked like a killer last night.

Patches: I've been saying all season that he's reaching another level in terms of complete game. Adding some assists to his repertoire would be the last element.

Desharnais was all over the highlight reel. I for one would love to see him prove - once and for all - that he is a legitimate NHLer with or without Patches. Don't bet against the guy who has been bet against his entire life, and proven people wrong every time.

It's only the Canes, but hey :thumbs_up:

• Upvote 1

With Chucky establishing himself as the 1st line center, DD and Plekanec will find a chair better suited for their capacities. Same thing for Eller. It won't be long before Malhotra will lose his position centering the 4th line. Eller might be too highly paid as a 4th line center, but he is competent enough to switch to the 2nd or 3rd if the need comes along. He will also play on the PK and maybe a bit on the PP.

Sekac is another player who will get more important responsibilities before long. I like Gallagher a lot, but he would look even better IMO on the 2nd line, facing lesser opposition. Sekac is more suited for the job of playing with Pax and Chucky. We are very close to something the Habs have been lacking for a long time: a truly dangerous, top notch 1st line. The addition of Sekac on the right wing is the last ingredient to a great recipe.

Finally, Beaulieu looks like he is coming along for good. I don't know if management will be able to keep him on the roster, because of the cap situation, but it is nice to see the improvement. Tinordi will come next, probably sometimes after Christmas. We are getting there slowly but surely.

• Upvote 2

With Chucky establishing himself as the 1st line center, DD and Plekanec will find a chair better suited for their capacities. Same thing for Eller. It won't be long before Malhotra will lose his position centering the 4th line. Eller might be too highly paid as a 4th line center, but he is competent enough to switch to the 2nd or 3rd if the need comes along. He will also play on the PK and maybe a bit on the PP.

Sekac is another player who will get more important responsibilities before long. I like Gallagher a lot, but he would look even better IMO on the 2nd line, facing lesser opposition. Sekac is more suited for the job of playing with Pax and Chucky. We are very close to something the Habs have been lacking for a long time: a truly dangerous, top notch 1st line. The addition of Sekac on the right wing is the last ingredient to a great recipe.

Finally, Beaulieu looks like he is coming along for good. I don't know if management will be able to keep him on the roster, because of the cap situation, but it is nice to see the improvement. Tinordi will come next, probably sometimes after Christmas. We are getting there slowly but surely.

Interesting analysis - thanks. Sekac/Galy/Patches sounds good, but it also seems like we'd be putting a lot of size/robustness on that one line. Just a thought.

Guest Stogey24

Beaulieu played 10 minutes last night. If he's coming along for good he better be playing more than that

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Sekac - Plekanec - Weise

Bournival - Desharnais - Parenteau

Prust - Eller - Andrighetto

Malhotra

That's a 1A, 2A, 2B, 3A situation. No fourth line. Two pure offense lines and two forecheck/backcheck lines.

If the Kings can make Mike Richards a regular fourth liner, why can't we make Eller one?

That's pretty close to the kind of team that would do some serious damage in the playoffs.

But they say cant win with this coach, no matter what lineup ya got?

Is Beaulieu an offensive d-man? 17 games last year 2 points, 17 games this year 2 points, he actually was best as rookie with 2 points in 6 games.

Needs more minutes? He is currently the only - d-man on team, even though being hidden on the ice playing vs bottom six.

Nate the Great has had a good play or two, but..Tinordi still more pts/game and tad better in own end (..or sorry points don't matter, I keep forgetting)