Remember hockey? Hurricanes @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM EST

Guest Stogey24

But they say cant win with this coach, no matter what lineup ya got?

Is Beaulieu an offensive d-man? 17 games last year 2 points, 17 games this year 2 points, he actually was best as rookie with 2 points in 6 games.

Needs more minutes? He is currently the only - d-man on team, even though being hidden on the ice playing vs bottom six.

Nate the Great has had a good play or two, but..Tinordi still more pts/game and tad better in own end (..or sorry points don't matter, I keep forgetting)

Snake bitten.

What has Gilbert done this year? Sorry I forgot his four points are much more impressive. As are Gonchars whopping four points! If your going to be chirping anyone it should be the guys making 2.8 million and 5.6. Or what ever their salaries are. Not the kid who's trying to find his way in this league and bounced to the minors for every mistake he makes.

DD don't need no Pacioretty! smart play an dnice to see Prust get one. :clap:

3 assists for paceriotty, first time in his career....looks like he "dont need no" dd either....and patches centerman just got more even strength goals in one game than dd gets in sixty!

chucky 11 minutes at even strength last night nets 3 goals all from patches

dd went 50 consecutive games with patch .... 0 even strength goals

nuff said.

Nice to see the Kid get his first hat trick! Carey was solid once again and Patches showed us that he can be a great passer as well as a scorer!

I also believe that DD played a good game...talk about being patient with the puck on the Prust goal. That was all DD!

Keep up the good work boys, Anaheim's coming to town and it ain't gonna be easy!

Hey, does anybody know if the Road to the Winter Classic shows are going to a available online (legally of course)? I think I saw that they could be streamed live from nhl.com but if you miss the live stream is that it?

Thanks!

But they say cant win with this coach, no matter what lineup ya got?

Who said that? Obviously they can win games with this coach. There is simply too much talent on this team not to. Can they win the cup with this coach? That remains to be seen. I don't think so, but who knows? He stumbled into putting Galchenyuk with Patches. He may make some more good moves. Who knows? I hope to hell that he can. Cause I want another 4 or 5 cups in my lifetime. We are stuck with MT for now so I hope he can get his thinking cap on and get the most out of this team. :habslogo:

Who said that? Obviously they can win games with this coach. There is simply too much talent on this team not to. Can they win the cup with this coach? That remains to be seen. I don't think so, but who knows? He stumbled into putting Galchenyuk with Patches. He may make some more good moves. Who knows? I hope to hell that he can. Cause I want another 4 or 5 cups in my lifetime. We are stuck with MT for now so I hope he can get his thinking cap on and get the most out of this team. :habslogo:

Despite the great game Patches and Chucky had, i'm still not confident that MT will keep together the pairing, most have been waiting a year for. We are talking about the same coach who sat Sekac for 6 or 7 games after he scored key goals and last night Ghetto riding the bench and on the 4th line, despite scoring 3 points (2 goals) in in his first 3 games.

If i had my way Bournival or Malhotra would be sitting the next game not Ghetto.

Lines i'like to see when Eller is back are the following:

Patches - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Andrighetto - Pleks - Sekac

DD - Eller - Parenteau

Prust - Bournival - Weisse

At some point it'd like to see Sekac with Galchenyuk and Patches.

Despite the great game Patches and Chucky had, i'm still not confident that MT will keep together the pairing, most have been waiting a year for. We are talking about the same coach who sat Sekac for 6 or 7 games after he scored key goals and last night Ghetto riding the bench and on the 4th line, despite scoring 3 points (2 goals) in in his first 3 games.

If i had my way Bournival or Malhotra would be sitting the next game not Ghetto.

DD - Eller - Parenteau

Don is all drama.......if he cared to be accurate when quoting others it would come out like this the habs wont win the stanley cup with this coach. four rounds of play off hockey. The last two against top teams of all. As hr states that remains to be seen.

It has been stated who likes him and who does not. Time will tell.

Now back to the news, Therrien finally learning (stumbling) that chucky can handle playing his natural position.

The young kids Andregetta and Beuilieu are looking good....so expect them to sit soon.

Price is in a zone of zones. Bad bounce or get gets the shut out last night.

DD played had more time on the pp than subban last night? Is this guy therriens long lost son or what?

I think DD has the same pics I'd MT, that Darche had of Martin.

Don is all drama.......if he cared to be accurate when quoting others it would come out like this the habs wont win the stanley cup with this coach. four rounds of play off hockey. The last two against top teams of all. As hr states that remains to be seen.

It has been stated who likes him and who does not. Time will tell.

Now back to the news, Therrien finally learning (stumbling) that chucky can handle playing his natural position.

The young kids Andregetta and Beuilieu are looking good....so expect them to sit soon.

Price is in a zone of zones. Bad bounce or get gets the shut out last night.

DD played had more time on the pp than subban last night? Is this guy therriens long lost son or what?

I'm getting pretty tired, as I'm sure many others are, reading post after post about Therrien. Chucky gets his first NHL hat trick and somehow the discussion goes to how incompetent MT is. "He stumbled upon" putting Chucky with Patches? No, he didn't have to do that at all. It doesn't matter what the thread is these days, it all comes back to how terrible he is. Perhaps a different forum is more suited for these biased and repetitive posters

Sorry, Win a Cup with him at helm is what i was alluding to.

And You say it right here also sir, but dont worry you aint alone.

DD - Eller - Parenteau

Pretty good looking line up.

Hey, does anybody know if the Road to the Winter Classic shows are going to a available online (legally of course)? I think I saw that they could be streamed live from nhl.com but if you miss the live stream is that it?

Thanks!

Bump

I'm getting pretty tired, as I'm sure many others are, reading post after post about Therrien. Chucky gets his first NHL hat trick and somehow the discussion goes to how incompetent MT is. "He stumbled upon" putting Chucky with Patches? No, he didn't have to do that at all. It doesn't matter what the thread is these days, it all comes back to how terrible he is. Perhaps a different forum is more suited for these biased and repetitive posters

+1

Sorry, Win a Cup with him at helm is what i was alluding to.

And You say it right here also sir, but dont worry you aint alone.

I am pretty sure I am not. If watch this team win games they have no business being in and losing games they should have no trouble with. Winning by 1 or 2 losing by 5 or 6. It simply doesn't look like a well coached team. Oh but I must compliment MT on his coaching of Carey Price, excellent job. Finally putting Galchenyuk at center... great job. The power play ? hmmmm. Our best power play guy is pk subban with 3 goals ranks 55th in the league. That is not very good, for a guy with his talent. 3 goals in 32 games. :habslogo:

I'll be honest, talking Habs anywhere online is getting to be a chore instead of fun. Jean Beliveau passing away was basically the only way people weren't trying to veer every single discussion about their unhappiness with Desharnais and criticism of Therrien. The fact a Habs legend has to die for people to drop their agendas has left a bad taste in my mouth. You just can't talk Habs hockey anymore without someone grinding their axe. It's sad how every thread is a pretty good read until someone brings up why they think Therrien is the worst coach.

Eller got injured. habs are short one centerman. chucky played center his whole life. mt had no other option. so chucky goes to center. ie coach "stumbled" upon it. meaning he did not outright declare after 150 plus games over three seasons that chucky has been moved to center. Plus all you have to do is read the sports pages in montreal and you will have read this year alone countless amount of times to try chucky with pacs. worth commenting on. but since it does not back up your point......you suggest a different forum. :surrender:

I'll be honest, talking Habs anywhere online is getting to be a chore instead of fun. Jean Beliveau passing away was basically the only way people weren't trying to veer every single discussion about their unhappiness with Desharnais and criticism of Therrien. The fact a Habs legend has to die for people to drop their agendas has left a bad taste in my mouth. You just can't talk Habs hockey anymore without someone grinding their axe. It's sad how every thread is a pretty good read until someone brings up why they think Therrien is the worst coach.

or someone bringing up how they are tired of therrien threds.

noticed nobody stuck up for bourque ......that guy was getting ripped man!!

if its just the therrien threds you want to stop........................well stop debating it. I know if nobody debated and nobody kept telling me how good he was (tit for tat) I would have nothing to counter. I would move on. As i am sure the others who are not MT fans.

I will agree to disagree. Revisit it down the road. What i wont do is try to steer others in what they should or should not post. I'm sure that must "feel like a chore"

If dblair thinks its getting old, boring, redundant he'll lock it up. I'll trust his judgement. Until then i'm open to everyone. cheers :thumbs_up:

cheers

Thanks!

Sportsnet is showing it in Canada. Whatever they show on TV can also be accessed on SN Now (online) as long as you have a valid TV provider. Failing that, Epix's website seems to have it, here's the first episode: http://www.epixhd.com/movie/epix-presents-road-to-the-nhl-winter-classic-episode-1/

I think most are tired of seeing the same old, same old that we've had lately. Here are some steps everyone can take towards improving this:

- Not every post has to have an angle - positive or negative or imply something. Sometimes, a post can just be a comment without people having to look at different ways of interpreting it.

- Repetition isn't necessary to make a point. I know I've spoken with several members via PM over the years with this one. Once a few posts are made, we know your opinion on the topic. Highlighting that every time something happens to make you look right isn't likely to sway anyone's opinion on the matter and is more annoying than anything.

- Discussions/replies should be confined to the content of the post and not the person who posted it. If everyone followed the first two points I suspect we'd have less of this but a better job can be done no matter what. I'm not saying everyone has to agree with everyone about everything either. You can disagree - make your case and do so in a respectful manner and no one should have an issue with that. It often can make for good discussion when done properly. If you find yourself being annoyed with certain posters, there is an ignore list feature. Please use it instead of taking jabs at posters on the boards. If you think a poster is getting out of hand, PM/e-mail me or another mod with your concerns.

We've been around a long time and for the most part, we haven't had too many issues like this. It's time that we work towards improving this. As moderators, we've been letting a bit too much slide lately as our goal is to intervene as little and as quietly as possible. If this continues, we'll have to step in more often and quite honestly, we don't want to do that. If everyone can follow those few steps above, I think things would go a whole lot smoother and make posting/reading here more enjoyable for everyone.

• Upvote 3

or someone bringing up how they are tired of therrien threds.

noticed nobody stuck up for bourque ......that guy was getting ripped man!!

if its just the therrien threds you want to stop........................well stop debating it. I know if nobody debated and nobody kept telling me how good he was (tit for tat) I would have nothing to counter. I would move on. As i am sure the others who are not MT fans.

I will agree to disagree. Revisit it down the road. What i wont do is try to steer others in what they should or should not post. I'm sure that must "feel like a chore"

If dblair thinks its getting old, boring, redundant he'll lock it up. I'll trust his judgement. Until then i'm open to everyone. cheers :thumbs_up:

cheers

woops. Excuse me Molg. I ran mine response right on your post. :bonk:

Sportsnet is showing it in Canada. Whatever they show on TV can also be accessed on SN Now (online) as long as you have a valid TV provider. Failing that, Epix's website seems to have it, here's the first episode: http://www.epixhd.com/movie/epix-presents-road-to-the-nhl-winter-classic-episode-1/

I think most are tired of seeing the same old, same old that we've had lately. Here are some steps everyone can take towards improving this:

- Not every post has to have an angle - positive or negative or imply something. Sometimes, a post can just be a comment without people having to look at different ways of interpreting it.

- Repetition isn't necessary to make a point. I know I've spoken with several members via PM over the years with this one. Once a few posts are made, we know your opinion on the topic. Highlighting that every time something happens to make you look right isn't likely to sway anyone's opinion on the matter and is more annoying than anything.

- Discussions/replies should be confined to the content of the post and not the person who posted it. If everyone followed the first two points I suspect we'd have less of this but a better job can be done no matter what. I'm not saying everyone has to agree with everyone about everything either. You can disagree - make your case and do so in a respectful manner and no one should have an issue with that. It often can make for good discussion when done properly. If you find yourself being annoyed with certain posters, there is an ignore list feature. Please use it instead of taking jabs at posters on the boards. If you think a poster is getting out of hand, PM/e-mail me or another mod with your concerns.

We've been around a long time and for the most part, we haven't had too many issues like this. It's time that we work towards improving this. As moderators, we've been letting a bit too much slide lately as our goal is to intervene as little and as quietly as possible. If this continues, we'll have to step in more often and quite honestly, we don't want to do that. If everyone can follow those few steps above, I think things would go a whole lot smoother and make posting/reading here more enjoyable for everyone.

just picked this one off AFTER responding to Molg on tiresome redundant posts.

I for one am guilty of "highlighting after something happens that make me look right" but no one has to hit me over the head with a hammer. :bonk: I will cease and desist. (a little subtly never hurt). Thanks for suggesting steps one and two. Step three I already follow naturally. ...... cheers

woops. Excuse me Molg. I ran mine response right on your post. :bonk:

I fixed that for you. You should be able to edit your posts as well in case it happens again - the button to the immediate left of the multi-quote button (bottom right hand corner of every post) should be a link to edit.

Pretty good game last night against weak opposition. I only got to focus intently on the first period and a half and then I tried to focus for the rest of the game but had a lot of distractions around me. I knew the score was 4-1 but didn't realize Chucky got a hat trick until I reviewed the boxscore after the game. Definitely good on him and I hope he keeps it up.

As for those who mention that it took long enough for Galchenyuk to be placed at center, just stop. I don't know why no one has refuted those claims but just because he is doing well at center now does not mean that he was ready to play there even a month ago. There is no proof that he would have been doing well and therefore there is no reason to believe that anyone who said this even a month ago was "right". It can just as easily be argued that the timing was perfect now, and that the situation had been handled perfectly all along. In addition, there is no I in team and while Galchenyuk may be our future star #1 center (or maybe he'll be there for good), he does not make up the entire team. If we have an abundance of centers, like we do, and playing any of the other centers at wing makes our team inherently worse, then there would still seem to be very little logical reasoning behind playing him at center in the now. Galchenyuk may be our best center, and I agree that he probably is, but he is also a decent winger and perhaps Eller, Desharnais or Malholtra would be the worst wingers in the world. I'm not saying any of this is definite as well, but one has to look at the whole picture rather than looking through a microscope. There's no doubt in my mind that he will be a permanent center at some point, and it could even be right now, but there's also very little reason for me to believe that he should have been playing center his whole career, or even a few weeks ago, for more than one reason.

• Upvote 1

Eller got injured. habs are short one centerman. chucky played center his whole life. mt had no other option. so chucky goes to center. ie coach "stumbled" upon it. meaning he did not outright declare after 150 plus games over three seasons that chucky has been moved to center. Plus all you have to do is read the sports pages in montreal and you will have read this year alone countless amount of times to try chucky with pacs. worth commenting on. but since it does not back up your point......you suggest a different forum. :surrender:

Who's to say that the decision of playing Chucky on the wing for the first 2 seasons of his carrer isn't the right one? Maybe that is the exact thing the kid needed to get used to the NHL? How do YOU know that Chucky would've done better playting at centrer at age 18? You don't, therefore all your whining and moaning is absolutely useless.

Therrien has a .640 + winning percentage since joining the Habs 2 years ago. He's winning almost 2 games for every game he loses, (95 wins vs 52 losses) and yet many of you complain! Granted, he's not the best coach in the NHL right now, but I certainly consider him to be in the top 10.

I don't understand how a coach who has a .640 win percentage, who went to the conf. finals less than 1 year ago can be getting sooo much crap!?!?!

Well said..it is getting to be tiresome!