HABS vs KINGS March 5

Habs30/31

Tokar can't stop a friggin beach ball

Not a single save in the shoot out for Toker, the only one that didn't go in was the missed net by Tofoli. In all fairness, they were all snipes but still..

Eller in jinxed.

Eller's hockey IQ is bad Gilbert's is worse

For me, hockey is a "what have you done for me lately?" game. Gilbert has impressed me for the last 9 or 10 games. Eller? Not so much, but he has looked better recently. Not 3.5 million better, but oh well.

The guy I'm surprised that nobody is hating on is Galchenyuk. He has been invisible for weeks. He's supposed to be the guy that carries dishes and shoots in the future. I don't see much of any of that from him these days.

I miss Budaj.

Tokarski had a good game other than the shootout, but I was a bit worried about trading Budaj so early. I would not be surprised if MB secured a better backup in the summer.

A lot of good analysis on here. I was at both games this weekend and feel like I happened to witness some of the worst hockey we've played all year. Tonight's game was a lot better than last night's though.

I'm not the type to hate on our players but the player I found myself chastising the most in the past couple of games was indeed Eller. He's an enigma though because honestly he made some of the dumbest plays I can imagine but at the same time he was also one of our better players in other situations. When you watch things live, it looks like he's actually one of our go to guys with the way he's handled... unfortunately.

I also think Gilbert was decent in the two games I saw live. Considering Petry was so sought after at the deadline, I'd expect more from him. He makes some decent outlet passes and plays the body well but I'd like to see a little more offense. I'm sure it will come though. Fact is I thought Gilbert outplayed Petry the past couple of games and expect more from him.

Finally, Tokarski couldn't do much different tonight other than in the shootout but I said the very same thing on the drive home tonight in regards to him not being around next year. I think we'll find a replacement as well and even half jokingly brought up Budaj as well. I could blame the coach if I really wanted to for even playing him tonight but in all fairness you have to be able to trust your backup and use him in these types of situations. I did tell the person I went to the game with tonight that I felt like it was a guaranteed loss with Tokarski in the net though. The Habs almost had me ready to eat my words!

Tough loss tonight... but there were some positives like coming back from the 2-0 defecit after a tough trip.

Dammit, this one was in the bag! Showed some heart to come back and pull ahead though. But, as Knuckles says about the slow starts (it's actually him citing Jean Perron)

"we came out flatter than piss on a plate!" <--- now that's flat!

The guy I'm surprised that nobody is hating on is Galchenyuk. He has been invisible for weeks. He's supposed to be the guy that carries dishes and shoots in the future. I don't see much of any of that from him these days.

I completely disagree. He's close to driving our offence the way Patches/DD and Markov/Subban do. You can see his skill come out in the offensive zone. He's quite close.

He's a top 25 left wing scorer this season.

A lot of good analysis on here. I was at both games this weekend and feel like I happened to witness some of the worst hockey we've played all year. Tonight's game was a lot better than last night's though.

I'm not the type to hate on our players but the player I found myself chastising the most in the past couple of games was indeed Eller. He's an enigma though because honestly he made some of the dumbest plays I can imagine but at the same time he was also one of our better players in other situations. When you watch things live, it looks like he's actually one of our go to guys with the way he's handled... unfortunately.

I also think Gilbert was decent in the two games I saw live. Considering Petry was so sought after at the deadline, I'd expect more from him. He makes some decent outlet passes and plays the body well but I'd like to see a little more offense. I'm sure it will come though. Fact is I thought Gilbert outplayed Petry the past couple of games and expect more from him.

Finally, Tokarski couldn't do much different tonight other than in the shootout but I said the very same thing on the drive home tonight in regards to him not being around next year. I think we'll find a replacement as well and even half jokingly brought up Budaj as well. I could blame the coach if I really wanted to for even playing him tonight but in all fairness you have to be able to trust your backup and use him in these types of situations. I did tell the person I went to the game with tonight that I felt like it was a guaranteed loss with Tokarski in the net though. The Habs almost had me ready to eat my words!

Tough loss tonight... but there were some positives like coming back from the 2-0 defecit after a tough trip.

Interesting. Now the argument can't be made that Eller was being showcased because the deadline is passed. Does anyone know of Eller is getting bad puck luck?

This one's on Larry.

We should have picked up a Curly and Moe at the deadline.

A tad harsh. Doughty practically dove face first into larrys stick, which by the way was way below the shoulder. Doughty came in low.

Yes i guess you could say its "on larry" or a limp powerplay, or the team not showing up till half way through the second period.

Glad to see them wake up and salvage a point though.

I bet that nobody feels the blame more than Eller. You can just tell by looking at his face that he feels the weight that most are putting on him. His penalty at the end of regulation was unfortunate and unintentional. But the thing that made me happy and shows how close this team is, was when Therrien put Eller right back out there in the shootout for a chance to redeem himself. He made a great move but as true Lars luck would have it, rang the iron. So as much as most Hab fans have their pitchforks in hand ready to burn him at the stake, Therrien showed excellent leadership by giving a man a chance to right his wrong, rather than kick him when he is already down. I am quite certain that Eller will get through this rough patch and perform for us when we need him to.

• Upvote 1

Eller is seeing more icetime recently. I think he'll find the scoreboard sooner rather than later..i mean he's bound to playing with AG and Plek, right? I agree Ill, big move by MT for putting Lars in the shootout. Now, that's the type of support needed going forward. AZ is going to pay dearly sat night!

Not a single save in the shoot out for Toker, the only one that didn't go in was the missed net by Tofoli. In all fairness, they were all snipes but still..

Eller in jinxed.

same with Quick. Chucky bobble puck, no shot. Ellar beat him cleanly hit bar. DD and Pacs scored top shelf.

I bet that nobody feels the blame more than Eller. You can just tell by looking at his face that he feels the weight that most are putting on him. His penalty at the end of regulation was unfortunate and unintentional. But the thing that made me happy and shows how close this team is, was when Therrien put Eller right back out there in the shootout for a chance to redeem himself. He made a great move but as true Lars luck would have it, rang the iron. So as much as most Hab fans have their pitchforks in hand ready to burn him at the stake, Therrien showed excellent leadership by giving a man a chance to right his wrong, rather than kick him when he is already down. I am quite certain that Eller will get through this rough patch and perform for us when we need him to.

Well said.

Galchenyuk is not the player I hoped he would be at this point. He needs to pick it up.

Thats becoming apparent.

There was a third period play where Gallagher was driving to the net stick down ahead of his man. Chucky should have given him the puck. Instead he tries a junior b move on his dman, gets easily poke checked. He's playing like Kadri lately.

Guest Stogey24

Thats becoming apparent.

There was a third period play where Gallagher was driving to the net stick down ahead of his man. Chucky should have given him the puck. Instead he tries a junior b move on his dman, gets easily poke checked. He's playing like Kadri lately.

Guy goes completely invisible for a few games, then he'll net a goal and an assist. Basically his year in a nutshell. Only 21, but I do wonder if he's going to turn out to be the big centre we've all had wet dreams about playing for this Franchise

Subban tied for #1 d-scoring.

Pacioretty on pace for 39.1goals 71 pts.

(whats with NHL.com stats, almost as useless as the TSN site is now)