The Drive to Stay Alive...and remove Bishop's horseshoe - Habs vs Lightning, Game 6

dlbalr

This does shine a big ol spotlight on the problem this team has, and always will, if it doesn't change. Carey Price will get you 100-110 point seasons even with major holes in the lineup, but if MB doesn't get some more size and scoring into the top 6 forwards ,this team will never be a true Cup contender.

Well boys. What a great season and exciting playoffs. This game was not what I was looking for obviously, but I am a pretty happy habs fan over all. We have the best canadian team in the league for two years. MB isn't mortgaging the future. Most of the dead weight is short term. The biggest negative I have for the season over all is that this team was really healthy all year, and they may not get that again for a while. A missed oportunity? Maybe. or just the team isn't ready. The Habs are modern day new jersey devils. They will be perennial contenders. If you want them to be the Tampa Bay lightening or the Pittsburgh penguins with all their forwards, it ain't gonna happen. Not in a cap era with big dough tied up in price and Subban.

Scherbak and McCarron on the way. How can you trust putting them in Therrien's hands after what he's done to Eller, Galchenyuk and even Subban.

Pretty sure Subban was voted as a norris finalist twice in three years and won it once. And could win the second one yet. Not sure that's valid

Pretty piss poor effort tonight.Looked a lot of the regular season games where they fore checked into the ice. MB has some work to do. We have been talking all year about no pp and no offense. To all of you who said it's not important we can score 5 on 5. How did that work out? Therrien ain't getting fired but the forking assistant should be. Someone should be that was plain atrocious. It' a long time to draft day and we haven't got much to look forward to there either. Oh well season is over let me know who wins the cup. I am on to football now. The Lions will win the Coupe de Gris one more time.

Pretty sure Subban was voted as a norris finalist twice in three years and won it once. And could win the second one yet. Not sure that's valid

PK has norris written all over him before he even met MT.

matter of fact. listen to his speech when he won it....thanked everybody including serge savard, bob gainey , a couple of ushers, gerrard gallant, MB, all his team mates, a few ushers ha! (kidding)......practically went back to to midget .....never mentioned Therrien.

Pretty piss poor effort tonight.Looked a lot of the regular season games where they fore checked into the ice. MB has some work to do. We have been talking all year about no pp and no offense. To all of you who said it's not important we can score 5 on 5. How did that work out? Therrien ain't getting fired but the forking assistant should be. Someone should be that was plain atrocious. It' a long time to draft day and we haven't got much to look forward to there either. Oh well season is over let me know who wins the cup. I am on to football now. The Lions will win the Coupe de Gris one more time.

winner of hawks ducks will win cup........bet your house on that.

Habs final game of season they went out with a whimper........again.

Gally best forward on the team when it comes to play off time.

Price...habs went as far as he could take them, and not one inch farther.

Well boys. What a great season and exciting playoffs. This game was not what I was looking for obviously, but I am a pretty happy habs fan over all. We have the best canadian team in the league for two years. MB isn't mortgaging the future. Most of the dead weight is short term. The biggest negative I have for the season over all is that this team was really healthy all year, and they may not get that again for a while. A missed oportunity? Maybe. or just the team isn't ready. The Habs are modern day new jersey devils. They will be perennial contenders. If you want them to be the Tampa Bay lightening or the Pittsburgh penguins with all their forwards, it ain't gonna happen. Not in a cap era with big dough tied up in price and Subban.

dead weight is short term......... good point

I wasn't surprised by this game at all. The fact is, we outplayed TB throughout the series except for two periods of Game Two. Tampa was due to finally outplay us, and if there ever was a game in which they were going to do it, it was going to be this one. And the likelihood of ANY team winning four straight against Tampa was too small.The probabilities were just too strongly against our winning tonight.

What was discouraging about tonight was three things:

1. 2-3 good missed chances in the first period. I was afraid those'd hurt us, and they did.

2. Special teams. They sucked, like they did for the first half of the series.

3. Subban didn't look very good.

But ultimately it comes back to the Habs not buying a break for the first three games of the series. That's how she goes.

Anyone feverishly angry at this team needs their heads examined. Yep, there's room for improvement, but we've got a lot of good pieces and - lest we forget - carried the play for most of the series. Sometimes it ain't meant to be.

Idk, they looked like a team that was about to get eliminated to me. I don't see many good performances from teams on elimination night.

their two prior games were elimination night? and they won

but you are right, they did not fight right down to the last second and firs 43 shots and get stoned by a hot goalie.............like the sens did.

Detroit Lions? You said football right. Not sure what you call that CFL stuff but it isn't football

I don't watch that american crap, far too boring.

I wasn't surprised by this game at all. The fact is, we outplayed TB throughout the series except for two periods of Game Two. Tampa was due to finally outplay us, and if there ever was a game in which they were going to do it, it was going to be this one. And the likelihood of ANY team winning four straight against Tampa was too small.The probabilities were just too strongly against our winning tonight.

1. 2-3 good missed chances in the first period. I was afraid those'd hurt us, and they did.

But ultimately it comes back to the Habs not buying a break for the first three games of the series. That's how she goes.

Anyone feverishly angry at this team needs their heads examined. Yep, there's room for improvement, but we've got a lot of good pieces and - lest we forget - carried the play for most of the series. Sometimes it ain't meant to be.

"Subban didnt look very good" compared to pleks PK looked like the conn smthe winner

Scherbak and McCarron on the way. How can you trust putting them in Therrien's hands after what he's done to Eller, Galchenyuk and even Subban.

who ever comes in has to play behind pleks and dd

btw...............pleks had more time on ice than any forward in the game tonight....on both clubs. brilliant coaching

carried the play for most of the series............funny, thats what the losing sens fans were saying after they lost in six

who ever comes in has to play behind pleks and dd

btw...............pleks had more time on ice than any forward in the game tonight....on both clubs. brilliant coaching

carried the play for most of the series...............yay.

But habs 30 don't you know Pleks is a scoring juggernaut. He just had a bad night, uhh week uhhh month ...you get the idea.

That's an understatement. His backchecking tonight was appalling. For someone who opened his mouth to rile up the Lightning with his horseshoe comment and then followed it up by challenging them to 'address it', he was extremely disappointing. If you're going to poke the bear, you better show up, not play with the intensity of a training camp scrimmage. It's safe to say the comments were addressed - on the one hand, Tampa Bay responded with their best game of the series; on the other, Subban failed to back up his words with his play as he responded with his worst game.

That's an understatement. His backchecking tonight was appalling. For someone who opened his mouth to rile up the Lightning with his horseshoe comment and then followed it up by challenging them to 'address it', he was extremely disappointing. If you're going to poke the bear, you better show up, not play with the intensity of a training camp scrimmage. It's safe to say the comments were addressed - on the one hand, Tampa Bay responded with their best game of the series; on the other, Subban failed to back up his words with his play as he responded with his worst game.

You don't need more than 1 hand to number the guys who played well tonight, and you probably don't need all the fingers.

True enough. All the trash talking. This aint the WWF. Tom Gilbert out scored him in the playoffs. ha! He and Markov were over played all year and in the play offs. 1. that wears out your best two guys. 2 it does not allow the other four to progress playing in key situations.

But back to what you were saying....pk with the horse shoe comment, then to come out and play such a sluggish non physical game elimination game??

I hope next season pk gets back to what got him the norris. Fast, quick thinking, hard hitting D. He hesitates too much now, and never hits.

But if you are handing out dud of the series on the habs dblair......it aint pk and you know it. Plekanic was a joke tonight. (game 3 he lost the game for us) Like he said about his own play offs 10 years ago "i played like a little ----" well, rewind that tape and hit play.

Pretty sure MT doesn't tell Eller and Galchenyuk to float around and throw stupid low-percentage passes around, rather than skating hard towards the net and taking quality shots. That's on them.

You don't need more than 1 hand to number the guys who played well tonight, and you probably don't need all the fingers.

That sounds like the perfect segue to tonight's 3 Stars... :)http://www.habsworld.net/2015/05/hw-3-stars-habs-go-down-with-a-whimper/

But if you are handed out goat horns dblair......it aint pk and youi know it. Plekanic was a joke tonight. like he said himself 10 years ago "i played like a little ----" well rewind that tape and hit play.

Oh, Subban certainly isn't the only one who had a bad game, plenty did. Plekanec wasn't too good either, which was disappointing as he had played better the last few games. But given what Subban said, his lousy performance warrants a special mention.