The Drive to Stay Alive...and remove Bishop's horseshoe - Habs vs Lightning, Game 6

dlbalr

This does shine a big ol spotlight on the problem this team has, and always will, if it doesn't change. Carey Price will get you 100-110 point seasons even with major holes in the lineup, but if MB doesn't get some more size and scoring into the top 6 forwards ,this team will never be a true Cup contender.

thats 100 per cent correct

Pretty sure MT doesn't tell Eller and Galchenyuk to float around and throw stupid low-percentage passes around, rather than skating hard towards the net and taking quality shots. That's on them.

pretty sure he does not tell pleks tp do that on the first shift.....but he did it any way......or with 6 seconds to go, but he did that too.....................and still led all forwards in ice time. lol.... stampkos played like a house on fire and still did not see the ice as much as TOMAS PLEKANIC. Good coaching

oh was chucky struggling on wing??.............maybe he should play d then.....ya know "till he's ready"

What Eller didnt light it up playing on a line with Prust? I'm shocked.

No "MT aint telling them" anything buddy, they tuned him out long ago i'm sure.

Unless the Rangers lose that's correct. I believe they move up a spot since the Rangers had more points.

And a 2nd and 4th I believe for Petry since they made it by the first round.

Unless the Rangers lose that's correct. I believe they move up a spot since the Rangers had more points.

And a 2nd and 4th I believe for Petry since they made it by the first round.

Correct

Petry was a great addition. Much needed and played admirably in play offs

Carey Price says he didnt play well enough for #Habs to win. Shaking my head at that #HabsIO

Oh man. It's heartbreaking. And ridiculous that he's blaming himself. What the hell!

I hate to see him blaming himself. The quality of the shots he had to stop was not comparable to what Bishop have seen. The reason why they lost is because there are too many incompetent offensive players in that team.

I was glad to read this morning that Therrien blamed Plekanec for his play last night. Once again, no. 14 showed me that he has no business playing on the 1st line. Way over-rated and it's about time that management comes to the same conclusion.

• Upvote 1

Is this the second year in a row that Therrien described the team as both Physically and Mentally drained after it was eliminated.

He is ridiculous . The king of excuses. Insulting to the players as athletes . To say they had nothing left after 11 play off games.

I hate to see him blaming himself. The quality of the shots he had to stop was not comparable to what Bishop have seen. The reason why they lost is because there are too many incompetent offensive players in that team.

I was glad to read this morning that Therrien blamed Plekanec for his play last night. Once again, no. 14 showed me that he has no business playing on the 1st line. Way over-rated and it's about time that management comes to the same conclusion.

Said same thing in october.

I think there is way too much negativity. The Tampa series was psychologically brutal - the team ended up facing insane odds basically because of brutal puck-luck. It is a very hard thing for a team to overcome that phenomenon of not getting rewarded despite doing almost everything right. They nevertheless sucked it up and punched back for two games. But when Tampa came out with by far its best effort of the series, and the Habs failed to cash in in the first period, they found themselves running on fumes, in the knowledge that the feat they were attempting is almost impossible. Teams need to have hope in order to find that extra level of energy. It's too bad, but entirely understandable. Unfortunately.

Price blaming himself - sheesh! Much as I dislike the scapegoating game, Plekanec, Markov, and Subban are the three who should be looking hardest in the mirror today. Pleks made two gaffes that cost us back-breaking goals at critical times in the series. Subban sucked ass last night despite his big talk. And Markov is done as a top-pairing defenceman.

I will not be surprised if Plekanec is moved. One thing Zoot Suit's regime has shown itself to be is absolutely ruthless with veterans that it perceived to be overpaid or entering their decline.

Another solid year for Habs, Cheers & well done, fun and entertaining season

Once more; for a team that had ZERO forwards at All-Star game the Habs did well and know where to focus for improvement in off-season; And is not goaltending nor defense. (Although can easily see MB put Beauchamin in a Hab jersey, but minor move.)

Oh well 6 weeks till June 26-27 and adding a Svechikov, Bittner or Beauvillier to prospect pool.

(3 of 4 likely Semi-Final teams dealt away 1st pick in push for cup, and others Pitt-LA etc did same but flopped and 2 of 3 semi-finalist will have wasted 1st pick coming up short)

Go Timmins Go!

Guest Stogey24

I think there is way too much negativity. The Tampa series was psychologically brutal - the team ended up facing insane odds basically because of brutal puck-luck. It is a very hard thing for a team to overcome that phenomenon of not getting rewarded despite doing almost everything right. They nevertheless sucked it up and punched back for two games. But when Tampa came out with by far its best effort of the series, and the Habs failed to cash in in the first period, they found themselves running on fumes, in the knowledge that the feat they were attempting is almost impossible. Teams need to have hope in order to find that extra level of energy. It's too bad, but entirely understandable. Unfortunately.

Price blaming himself - sheesh! Much as I dislike the scapegoating game, Plekanec, Markov, and Subban are the three who should be looking hardest in the mirror today. Pleks made two gaffes that cost us back-breaking goals at critical times in the series. Subban sucked ass last night despite his big talk. And Markov is done as a top-pairing defenceman.

I will not be surprised if Plekanec is moved. One thing Zoot Suit's regime has shown itself to be is absolutely ruthless with veterans that it perceived to be overpaid or entering their decline.

Markov scares me a little heading into next year. I know he wont be moved, but 90% of the playoffs for him were down right ugly

Is this the second year in a row that Therrien described the team as both Physically and Mentally drained after it was eliminated.

There is a sign over the locker room door. "no Excuses" would someone please point that out to Le Genius. At least be man enough to say we lost, we aren't good enough and we need some improvement.And he could then take a big look in the mirror. :)

There is a sign over the locker room door. "no Excuses" would someone please point that out to Le Genius. At least be man enough to say we lost, we aren't good enough and we need some improvement.And he could then take a big look in the mirror. :)

That was actually the Panther's motto this year, so I have reason to believe that was Gallant's slogan.

I think that people dismissing MT's comment about the team appearing "emotionally exhausted" and being disappinted in it are perhaps not considering something. There is a chance that we have a roster with too many players who do not have a 'champion's mentality'....that sheer will to find an extra gear to play their best under the tough conditions of the playoffs. This may be MT trying to let it be known that there needs to be an upgrade in that room as far as character players, not just skills, if this team is to get to the next level.

Sounds like an excuse also dude.

You want him to start naming names of who he thinks didnt play well? Aint ever happening!

Bergevin said it was a Transition year since day one, so whole team overachieved for the year... again!

Many said last year was overachievement, WATCH, they will "take a step back" in 14-15 and in 12-13 they said Habs only did well because was 1/2 a season, wait till they fold next year! Vast majority keeps underrating Habs and that is fine by me.

Dont need HabFans whining, Toronto media does enouigh of that for all.

You want him to start naming names of who he thinks didnt play well? Aint ever happening!

Bergevin said it was a Transition year since day one, so whole team overachieved for the year... again!

Many said last year was overachievement, WATCH, they will "take a step back" in 14-15 and in 12-13 they said Habs only did well because was 1/2 a season, wait till they fold next year! Vast majority keeps underrating Habs and that is fine by me.

We won our division in 2012-2013, lost in the first round.

We were third in our division in 2013-2014, went to the Eastern Conference finals.

We won our division and 50 games in 2014-2015, lost in the second round.

To take a step back, we have to either fall to a wildcard spot, miss the playoffs or be eliminated in the first round.

Sorry, I'm not gonna temper tantrum when the Habs don't win the Cup or get beaten in the second round when three years ago we were one of the worst teams in the league. Until the team goes back to missing the playoffs I'm not ready to turn into a manic depressive about the Habs.

Sorry Don but you have that reversed, you are making the excuse. Apparently all the Habs have to do is say we aren't gonna be that good this year, and if they make the playoffs you are happy. And I never said anything about naming names, but admitting that you have to improve is first off obvious. They weren't good enough and they need to improve. If the are emotionally drained and exhausted, why is that? Tampa Bay don't look that way. Could it be that he played some guys far too much in the regular season? Like maybe Markov?

Also being realistic about the team is not whining, hell in Toronto if they win 2 games they start planning the parade, surely we won't stoop to that level.

Realistic? I was one who got grief for saying Tampa would win in 6/7 and Petry was playing his last game in a Hab jersey.

If you had certain other lofty expectations, that is fine, but must be bit blinded by your Rose-coloured HabGlasses and bit unrealistic.

Bergevin also didn't think they were on cusp of cup; because if he did he likely would of mortgaged future more as other top teams did in a big push for it (ie Tampa, Rangers).

no_excuse.0_standard_352.0.pngHere is the sign and no it is not in Florida.

I wasn't joking about that.

That might even be the Florida sign, I remember the Habs sign had "Pas d'excuses" underneath so even RDS knew that the Habs were serious business.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/florida-panthers-no-excuses-early-season-defeats-101114

LMAO ! "psychologically brutal" poor wittle babies