Oct. 17: Red Wings vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

The boys are playing hard, and they are coming out ready to play in the first. The p/p tonite actually looked good. I was quite impressed, good movement, lots of different looks. Has Le Genius been reading this forum?

Galchenyuk Semin just need more time. Chucky is a dyamo, dangerous on every shift. Wait they are going to explode. Eller really is working hard. The team still has trouble scoring, but not as bad as last year. Great to see Emelin playing HIS game. He is actually pinching and moving in on the goalie. Wow where did that come from? Markov must be tutoring him. Petry what a find, well worth the money.

This is one tough team to play against. They will out work you all night long.

Mark Bergevin for GM of the year. Le Genius for most improved coach. Do they have an award for the coach who comes back from the dead? Cause right now he is doing a really good job. Still early, hope he stays out of the Scotch. :)

Another decisive win by the boys against a good team! What's really nice to see is that Carey doesn't have to be spectacular like he was last year for us to get wins. The whole team is contributing to these wins! I like what I'm seeing!

The boys are playing hard, and they are coming out ready to play in the first. The p/p tonite actually looked good. I was quite impressed, good movement, lots of different looks. Has Le Genius been reading this forum?

Galchenyuk Semin just need more time. Chucky is a dyamo, dangerous on every shift. Wait they are going to explode. Eller really is working hard. The team still has trouble scoring, but not as bad as last year. Great to see Emelin playing HIS game. He is actually pinching and moving in on the goalie. Wow where did that come from? Markov must be tutoring him. Petry what a find, well worth the money.

This is one tough team to play against. They will out work you all night long.

Mark Bergevin for GM of the year. Le Genius for most improved coach. Do they have an award for the coach who comes back from the dead? Cause right now he is doing a really good job. Still early, hope he stays out of the Scotch. :)

I'm really impressed. And I don't think its because le Genius had much rethinking to do. He's got a different team this year with different capacities. If he can get Semin and Kassian working.. look out. :flaming:

Another decisive win by the boys against a good team! What's really nice to see is that Carey doesn't have to be spectacular like he was last year for us to get wins. The whole team is contributing to these wins! I like what I'm seeing!

good word for it.. decisive. I'm impressed as hell.

Outstanding hockey game. Notwithstanding a couple of boardings, that was how the game should be played. Tons of puck movement and speed, some really excellent hits (nice to see PK lay a guy out!), fine goaltending...THAT'S hockey.

And we were the better team. Ultimately too much for the Wings. The PP looked great to boot. And how about that Gallagher play at the end!

I loved how involved our defencemen were all game. Even Emelin pinched here and there. Everyone on D played well, from Subban to Gilbert. Heck, every FW did too. Not one passenger tonight.

All four lines are humming - my love affair with the DD line continues - and that must be one of the best games I've seen Lars Eller play. He was tremendous in all facets of the game. Playing on the wing really suits him. If we're lucky, maybe he won't tail off this time.

But it's Galchenyuk who is making the most fundamental difference to this team, relative to last year. With him at C and playing like an absolute beast, we have two legit scoring lines, along with a very smart third line and a fast-skating, gritty fourth. That kind of depth is the sign of a truly elite team.

Let's hope this keeps up!!

I couldn't watch this game.....but I noticed that the second line was held off the score sheet again. did they look dangerous?

Galchenyuk had an assist and always looked dangerous.

Semin and Weise were invisible through the game.

You miss the game too?

Weise had quite a few scoring opportunities, playing with DD and Flash...

Semin almost had a goal, and that line was great in controlling the puck and creating.

You miss the game too?

Weise had quite a few scoring opportunities, playing with DD and Flash...

Semin almost had a goal, and that line was great in controlling the puck and creating.

Wings young goalie robbed Semin. I Liked the way he stepped out front with a D hanging all over him. If not for the great toe save Semis on the board.

Guest Stogey24

You miss the game too?Weise had quite a few scoring opportunities, playing with DD and Flash...Semin almost had a goal, and that line was great in controlling the puck and creating.

Amen. Eller played a hell of a game too

We did not see the same game. Weise had one of his best game, ever, while Semin looked a lot sharper than in the first games. Chucky still has problems finding his linemates. IMO, it is just a question of time before he is confident enough to hold the puck a little bit longer, to make sure that his passes are accurate and reach his wingers.

Guest Stogey24

Thought Weise looked good... Thought everyone played well across the board once we got going

Obviously don't change a winning line up, but maybe Pelly for Byron for a game or two?

Obviously don't change a winning line up, but maybe Pelly for Byron for a game or two?

DSP is in the lineup to stay. Byron will have his opportunity when somebody will be hurt or sick, which will happen sooner or later.

DSP is in the lineup to stay. Byron will have his opportunity when somebody will be hurt or sick, which will happen sooner or later.

Yep. Any coach who would screw around with a lineup that played a game like THAT would be nuts. I feel bad for Byron, but the Black Aces will get their chance.

So what do we complain about now?

At this rate we'll never get Austin Matthews. Boys gotta get their head out of the game. The Leafs now, they know how to get high draft picks. We should take notes... :rofl:

Yep. Any coach who would screw around with a lineup that played a game like THAT would be nuts. I feel bad for Byron, but the Black Aces will get their chance.

Even though they're 6-0, I might be inclined to put Pateryn in for Gilbert next game. St. Louis is up next and they have a lot of size/grit up front; it might be nice to have someone a bit more adept at dealing with that. Gilbert was sub 15 minutes yesterday as well so it's not as if they'd be pulling someone out who played a big role.

That said, I wouldn't expect any changes and I wouldn't complain if they kept Gilbert in for Tuesday night.

Even though they're 6-0, I might be inclined to put Pateryn in for Gilbert next game. St. Louis is up next and they have a lot of size/grit up front; it might be nice to have someone a bit more adept at dealing with that. Gilbert was sub 15 minutes yesterday as well so it's not as if they'd be pulling someone out who played a big role.

That said, I wouldn't expect any changes and I wouldn't complain if they kept Gilbert in for Tuesday night.

Not a bad idea. I remember beating the Blues last season in StLouis. Pateryn playing a whale of a game pasting Backes to the wall with a clean hard hit that rendered the Blues captain invisible the rest of the night. Tiny played in that win as well.