Paul Byron - Tomas Plekanec - Tomas Fleischmann
Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk - Sven Andrighetto
Christian Thomas - Brian Flynn - Devante Smith-Pelly

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Nathan Beaulieu - Jeff Petry
Alexei Emelin - Tom Gilbert

Mike Condon
Zach Fucale

Injuries: Brendan Gallagher, Zack Kassian, Torrey Mitchell, Carey Price, Alex Semin

Scratches: Daniel Carr, Greg Pateryn, Jarred Tinordi (cond.)

Leaders Washington Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Ovechkin (12) Pacioretty (13) Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST
Assists Kuznetsov (18) Subban (20) National TV: N/A
Points Kuznetsov (26) Pacioretty (25) Regional TV: City M, RDS, CSN-DC
PIMS Wilson (39) Beaulieu (30) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Kuznetsov (+14) Gilbert (+11) French Radio: FM 98.5

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have a good feeling about this game, folks. You know how every year, some team comes into town, thoroughly dominates us, then leaves with an easy 6-1 victory? The Caps, on this particular night and circumstance, may be that team. Damn injury bug :wall:

Caps are the new best team in the Metro. I think they are far better built than the Rangers. Potential ECF match-up but we will have Price and Gallagher if and when that happens.

My confidence is low on the new lines. Wouldn't mind seeing them have trouble in the first so we see better lines in the second and third that rout Holtby.

No lineup changes for the Habs tonight so Pateryn and Carr sit again. I find it interesting that they called up Carr only to sit him. Semin appears to be close to being activated so this might have been the last chance to get Carr into a game before sending him down (they'll have to demote someone to activate Semin).

Yea I absolutely loved the flash DD weise line. Patch and plex formed a line that could score AND defend, they miss Gallagher but those two are capable enough. Then Chucky and ghetto had a little chemistry too. I can understand the nervousness about this game. Washington is a great team. But hopefully our defense core can make a difference, as I think it's slightly better

I am really interested to see how our team speed and defense match up against Ovechkin and Co. :hyper:

GO HABS GO

Yea I absolutely loved the flash DD weise line. Patch and plex formed a line that could score AND defend, they miss Gallagher but those two are capable enough. Then Chucky and ghetto had a little chemistry too. I can understand the nervousness about this game. Washington is a great team. But hopefully our defense core can make a difference, as I think it's slightly better

They beat us on pure offensive power. We beat them on two-way forwards. Our goaltending is better with Price but not without. Holtby is top 5 in the east, maybe top 5 in the league.

Our defence is better as well. Orpik is their Emelin and they play him top pairing. Carlson/Niskanen is their Subban/Petry and they have no LD like Markov. I'll take Gilbert and Pateryn over Schmidt and Chorney. Beaulieu and Orlov are a wash.

Yup, on paper Caps look like better team...but Rangers also looked good "on paper" and they chased their all-world looking swede goalie out of rink.

GHG!!! :clap::hyper:

They beat us on pure offensive power. We beat them on two-way forwards. Our goaltending is better with Price but not without. Holtby is top 5 in the east, maybe top 5 in the league.

Our defence is better as well. Orpik is their Emelin and they play him top pairing. Carlson/Niskanen is their Subban/Petry and they have no LD like Markov. I'll take Gilbert and Pateryn over Schmidt and Chorney. Beaulieu and Orlov are a wash.

Yep, I think that's spot on. I'd still bet on the +Gallagher +Price Habs, but this is a big test without them. Let's go boooooyyys

No luck in that period for the Habs. Wilson's goal was off a bad turnover from Beaulieu but other than that, the Habs carried most of the play. Shot attempts were 30-12. Holtby is playing well and Montreal has missed several chances in close.

I was pleasantly surprised at Mtl's domination of the play that period, wow..

Was afraid it was gonna be a blow out when Wilson got that one, Go Habs!

Eller!!

Nice goal by Eller to turn there. Subban doesn't get the assist on that one even though he had a nifty pass to keep the play going.

Then Emelin takes a penalty right after