Dec. 3, Washington vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is starting to have the feeling of 'one of those nights' where it's just not going to go your way. It's hard to be too mad at Condon either for that, that was just a weird play all around.

Weird indeed. Nice shot to start it off. Disappointing after such good play from les boys. Just caught up with the RDS feed on the vcr so I can join in on the site. Lots of good hockey being played out there.

Now.. he woulda deked the hell out of me with that move too.. ..slick..!!

Ya babeee! :hyper:

We sure have some people who can skate on this team.. Whew!

gotta hand it to Bergeron.. the guy can pick'em and put a team together.

I usually appreciate a GM when they pull a deal like .. Ovechkin for a fourth rounder three years from now kinda deal. Bergeron seems a little sharper than I. And I still really like the fact that players speak so warmly of "the room", which means ongoing appreciation and respect for the coach and organization along with general team spirit.

82 games is one hell of a grind. To still be interested in the game after 82 games is a bit of a miracle... or aberration (thanks spell checker.. ) in itself. :)

That's my boy Flynn! (my former whippin' boy)

He has been under my radar too.. which doesn't take a lot of stealth of course.. :blush:

Now what was that...

Again .. hard to fault Condon. .. bad name for a goalie..

Gotta say that I've been very happy with our play for virtually all of the game. Goals have been pretty off the wall.

Very nice little play and puck control . fun to watch.

So kool to have 28 and 26 out there on D. How baaad is our defence.. so happy Petry really liked us.

Galchneyuk bounced back 75% on 12 faceoffs after poor showing last game.

Ememlin had 7 hits but was -2

Pacioretty had 9 shots and was all over the ice.

Subban again lugged the puck, was pretty darn sweet and played a ton.

Condon played well.

And LARRY played an awesome game.

Galchneyuk bounced back 75% on 12 faceoffs after poor showing last game.

Ememlin had 7 hits but was -2

Pacioretty had 9 shots and was all over the ice.

Subban again lugged the puck, was pretty darn sweet and played a ton.

Condon played well.

And LARRY played an awesome game.

I liked that game a lot. Good summary Don. :P

I felt as good about that loss as one could.

On one hand, I think there's too much stock put into when a team has a lot of shots and puck dominance and loses because it doesn't matter how good you look if you can't beat the goalie.

At the same time, we've clearly outplayed Washington and New York, two teams we're likely to play if we make it to the Eastern Conference finals, and that bodes well.

I thought Lars Eller got a pep talk from Brendan Gallagher or something because he was finally going to the net! I thought he had a solid game but much was being in the light of Alex Galchenyuk, who is looking like a serious superstar.

The lines were still bad combinations for the most part and Tomas Fleischmann deserves credit for being our best player in the first period.

At the same time, we've clearly outplayed Washington and New York, two teams we're likely to play if we make it to the Eastern Conference finals, and that bodes well.

The lines were still bad combinations for the most part and Tomas Fleischmann deserves credit for being our best player in the first period.

Tampa's still the team that scares me the most in the East, and they wouldn't be in if it started today. Maybe they'll get a wildcard and play the Metro.

How could the lines be bad combinations if we dominated a good team?

Some games you deserve to lose but win while others you deserve to win but lose. It's safe to say this falls into the latter category. There was lots to like about last night other than the final score. Holtby stole one, plain and simple.

Looking at the ice time, I'm a bit surprised the Galchenyuk line didn't play more. They were sharp in the second half of the game. At even strength, all three only played around 11 minutes (Galchenyuk and Eller also picked up some time on the PP and PK so they were in the 14's). On the flip side, as much as I thought Byron played well, 17:55 is too much ice time for him.

So how are you liking the magic blender? Albeit Therrien doesn't have much choice with all the injuries but he didn't hesitate to put DD and Patches together again.

It made sense to take DD and Weise, part of our hottest line in the first 25 games and give them our best winger. It also made sense to take Fleischmann, who is our second best LW and put him with Tomas Plekanec, our best centre.

I just don't think it made for the best lines and hope to see another line juggle.

I guess Therrien had high praise for Byron after the game. Quite deserved.

Solid game. Pacioretty is finding his wheels again.

Did he ever. eh? He was great.

Boy its fun being a Habs fan this year.

Price out .. and we're not even sweating it.. :clap:

And I for one could not see the gradual metamorphosis coming. .. a metamorphosis..i If I've spelled it correctly.. is a meta over a morphosis. :blush:

Guest Stogey24

Looking at the ice time, I'm a bit surprised the Galchenyuk line didn't play more. They were sharp in the second half of the game. At even strength, all three only played around 11 minutes (Galchenyuk and Eller also picked up some time on the PP and PK so they were in the 14's). On the flip side, as much as I thought Byron played well, 17:55 is too much ice time for him.

17:55 is ridiculous

How much of Byrons time was pk compared to es?

14:58 ES, 2:57 PK. He had the 4th highest ES TOI among Montreal forwards last night (Pacioretty's line were the three ahead of him).

Thanks. Get the feeling Therrien might want to start using Byron as his Gallagher replacement and logging him those big minutes is the test.

I liked Eller channeling Gallagher on his PP time. His other stints on the PP he rarely went near the net.