Dec. 26, Habs vs Capitals, 7 PM

dlbalr

We've tried lots of slump-busting GDT's, from fancy ones to sarcastic ones to musical ones. We even tried going to the good luck charm of past years with little success. There's still one thing we haven't looked to to get the Habs out of this funk. It's something that used to be used all of the time on here but now only makes sporadic appearances in the minor league game threads and it only appears after a win.

Today, we turn to you, oh dancing banana, to help get Montreal back on track. :1banana:

tumblr_n8i072jYFD1qfrrv2o4_500.png

Looks like two lineup changes on the back end, Pateryn in for Tinordi, Petry for Gilbert. No changes up front.

Game preview with lines: http://www.habsworld.net/2015/12/preview-december-26-habs-vs-capitals/ :1banana:

My best guess is for the first time in forever, we get dominated in shots and possession, and win the game 3-1. Just because that's life.

:1banana:

Ha haaaa, you just might be right, my friend.

Personally, to quote any number of Star Wars characters: I have a bad feeling about this. But then again, it's hard to have a good feeling when you've been shellacked for an entire month. Who knows, maybe this is the night we finally get some damned breaks.

Doesn't matter about he flights, or anything else. Washington will dominate the habs and the losing will continue.

Until the "top" players start producing, they will keep losing.

Except for the fact that the Habs have dominated the Caps during this very streak. That was one of the best games we've played all year, just no luck.

We can play with the Caps. Will we? I don't know... but this team is capable of playing good hockey against washington.

Although Pateryn skated on the third pairing in the game day skate, it looks like he'll sit which means Tinordi's in. It also means the third pairing should be Tinordi - Emelin (on his wrong side). That could be interesting...

Guest Stogey24

"Therrien had P.K. Subban as the lone defenseman on the top power-play unit at the morning skate, with center David Desharnais manning the opposite point and Max Pacioretty, Alex Galchenyuk and Dale Weise playing up"

"Therrien had P.K. Subban as the lone defenseman on the top power-play unit at the morning skate, with center David Desharnais manning the opposite point and Max Pacioretty, Alex Galchenyuk and Dale Weise playing up"

That seems pretty close to what it has been the last couple of games (Desharnais has played the point the last two now).

Although Pateryn skated on the third pairing in the game day skate, it looks like he'll sit which means Tinordi's in. It also means the third pairing should be Tinordi - Emelin (on his wrong side). That could be interesting...

It's going to be ugly when Washington puts Oshie-Backstrom-Ovechkin out there for a defensive zone face off.

A prediction! Subban gets one tonight.

I usually drink PBR during HNIC, I switched to Chilean wine to switch it up.

HNIC hype by the gallon for Washington. I don't know if I can consider a team that has Nate Schmidt on the top pairing as a contender.

Clearly you haven't watched the Caps much this season...they are most definitely a top contender.