What happens at the trade deadline?

Meller93

Will Eller be dealt? 50-50?

I still don't feel comfortable going past 30-70. He has played well lately but as we all know, runs like that usually are followed up by a bunch of bad ones. I don't think these last few weeks has really changed his league-wide perception.

Big difference right now is that he is actually getting regular ice time.

I still don't feel comfortable going past 30-70. He has played well lately but as we all know, runs like that usually are followed up by a bunch of bad ones. I don't think these last few weeks has really changed his league-wide perception.

His ice time isn't that different than what it was earlier this year. He has been in the top six for most of the season (more on the wing than at C). It was only the last couple of months that Desharnais moved back into the top six which then shuffled Eller back down. Before that time, he was getting the same minutes he is now.

So that top 6 ice time with Galchenyuk wasn't good ice time? Eller should never be in the top 6. Too dumb. DD should never be in the top 6. Too weak.

Four goals in twenty three games, and the team's gone 12-11. Just like they drew it up.

You're just mad McCarron's already made the team in his first pro year. What a player!

Has nothing to do with McCarron... lets stay on topic.

The Preds issues go to Rinne having the worst season of his career, not to Ryan Johansen who has played well for them.

Maybe Drouin (plus salary dump) for Pleks and a pick.

That salary dump would have to be Matt Carle. Or more specifically, the walking corpse of Matt Carle. Tampa is in LTIR - they simply do not have the money this year to take on a big ticket contract. And if they want to re-sign Stamkos, they can't take any pricey deals on for next year without offsetting the money they're taking in.

That salary dump would have to be Matt Carle. Or more specifically, the walking corpse of Matt Carle. Tampa is in LTIR - they simply do not have the money this year to take on a big ticket contract. And if they want to re-sign Stamkos, they can't take any pricey deals on for next year without offsetting the money they're taking in.

What kind of deal do you think TB would make taking into consideration the fact that they are looking for immediate help for the stretch?

What kind of deal do you think TB would make taking into consideration the fact that they are looking for immediate help for the stretch?

The 'help now guy' is going to be on his ELC or at most, a bridge deal. That's all they can really afford without having to either get someone to eat Carle's deal (reducing their return) or move someone else of value to cover the money. If they decide to move him for futures only, they don't have to get it done by tomorrow. They can do it at the draft or anytime between now and then. (Yes, you can trade players after the deadline, they just can't play the rest of the year. But he's not playing anyways and it would lock in the extra year of team control.)

The catch is, for Tampa, that there aren't many help now guys on ELC's that are readily available. That's a big reason why there's still no deal done.

The 'help now guy' is going to be on his ELC or at most, a bridge deal. That's all they can really afford without having to either get someone to eat Carle's deal (reducing their return) or move someone else of value to cover the money. If they decide to move him for futures only, they don't have to get it done by tomorrow. They can do it at the draft or anytime between now and then. (Yes, you can trade players after the deadline, they just can't play the rest of the year. But he's not playing anyways and it would lock in the extra year of team control.)

The catch is, for Tampa, that there aren't many help now guys on ELC's that are readily available. That's a big reason why there's still no deal done.

Can't really think of any ELC guys on the Habs that they might be interested in. (Other than Beaulieu)

Would you do Big Mac?

Can't really think of any ELC guys on the Habs that they might be interested in. (Other than Beaulieu)

Would you do Big Mac?

I don't think Tampa would as McCarron's not a help now player. He doesn't make their team at the moment.

I wouldn't give up a whole lot for Drouin personally. I think he's overrated and I highly doubt he becomes a front line player like many expect.

0 for 7 in his last 7. Seth Jones is only a few points from tying him in points. Been constantly held to just one shot.

And was almost a PPG player with 16 points in the 17 games before that.

I'm looking at his 24 games as a whole. He's been on a 60 point pace.

And a few points is 4, which is significant over 24 games.