Mar. 2, Habs vs Ducks, 10 PM

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

Great, clean hit by Bieksa on Eller, McCarron responds with a fight...

Liiiiiittle too Bruins-y for my liking.

Ya, weird. A Habs player standing up for his teammate. I wonder what Eller's old centre Desharnais would have done in that situation?

I like it.

That's probably more physical play and standing up for each other than most of the year combined.

Still can't score.

Liked the young guys, Matteau after his dumb penalty looked pretty physical and a good skater.

I like it.

That's probably more physical play and standing up for each other than most of the year combined.

Still can't score.

Liked the young guys, Matteau after his dumb penalty looked pretty physical and a good skater.

Yea, I thought in that 1st period Matteau was about 50/50 in terms of good shift/bad shift. He looked out of place on the defensive end a few times but boy does he look strong on his skates.

Eller had an open net in OT and missed the net

But Therrien believes Chuky can't play centre?

Please give your head a shake Michel.

Galchenyuk is finding his speed. His first goal was a centreman goal. The second came from the right wing. He's scoring from everywhere.

Danault has been impressive down the middle. Hope he keeps it up. I love his tenacity. He just needs to find an offensive game.

I thought Matteau would be a disaster but he looked like a younger, faster Kassian. He has a quick step so if he gets out of position on a check, he can get right back into play. I bet the Devils are wondering why they didn't get that player in New Jersey.

McCarron had his best NHL game. Tons of speed, solid passing and the corner work that made me a fan of him. I actually liked him going after Bieksa even though I'm not a fan of fighting. Just because Eller is an idiot standing there like a Scarecrow doesn't give you the right to try to decapitate him. Maybe Big Mac was just high on pride but more of that and he won't be leaving the top six anytime soon. Still not sold on him at centre though. It'll be very interesting to see how he plays near Lucic today.

Pacioretty is playing like Petry did when we found out he was playing hurt.

Andrighetto needs better linemates.

I liked what I saw from Ellis. There is an NHL player there. He could be top four in a few years or maybe just stays bottom pair.

Pateryn is basically Drewiske.

Markov had a great game. Didn't expect that. I remember when Markov having a great game was just Markov.

Condon has been very good lately.

Guest Stogey24

I don't know about Andrighetto having better line mates. Everytime he gets called up, he plays well, then completely falls off

I don't know about Andrighetto having better line mates. Everytime he gets called up, he plays well, then completely falls off

He's young. That'll happen to rookies. His skill set is not meant for fourth line duties. Against the Kings I'd go with (if Chuck at centre is not an option):

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Andrighetto

Galchenyuk - McCarron - Gallagher

Byron - Danault - Eller

Matteau - DLR - Mitchell

Gallagher needs to get away from Pacioretty and Plekanec. Those two need a new RW to spark them.