Habs sign Alex Radulov

dlbalr

I think the point you made got completely overlooked but let's all hope together that he does have a healthy rest of his career. One more lower body injury and I begin to worry with you.

I wont mention or bring it up again and we can look forward to 10 more years of Vezina and Conn Smyth quality play is upcoming!

Now Radulov...fingers crossed he is an impact RWer and can have a year something like Kovalev had in 07-08 with 35g 84pts.

Enough being exactly 1 in 9 years?

He has had 2 season ending injuries which have coincided with our hopes as a team being completely dashed. We may lose against the Rangers anyway but as a fan, even until this day, I think we would have had a chance at the cup had Price remained healthy.

One of the more silly arguments is that Price's injury in those playoffs shouldn't be considered because he would have been back for the final. First of all, who knows? Second of all it doesn't mean he would have been completely healthy, which ties in with the initial point of lingering effects. Third of all, people with broken necks have returned just because it's the Stanley Cup Final.

What sounds worse, long term injury or season ending injury? From now on I'll use season ending to describe how it's happened to Price twice.

That being said, I'm with Don and won't bring it up again because hopefully there will never be any need to discuss the topic again :)

He has had 2 season ending injuries which have coincided with our hopes as a team being completely dashed. We may lose against the Rangers anyway but as a fan, even until this day, I think we would have had a chance at the cup had Price remained healthy.

One of the more silly arguments is that Price's injury in those playoffs shouldn't be considered because he would have been back for the final. First of all, who knows? Second of all it doesn't mean he would have been completely healthy, which ties in with the initial point of lingering effects. Third of all, people with broken necks have returned just because it's the Stanley Cup Final.

What sounds worse, long term injury or season ending injury? From now on I'll use season ending to describe how it's happened to Price twice.

That being said, I'm with Don and won't bring it up again because hopefully there will never be any need to discuss the topic again :)

To me if we are worrying about a player's future health, then yes the actual injury and how long it took to heal matters a lot more than how many games were left in the season when it happened.

Be nice if Radulov,Max,Chucky, Gallagher all hit atleast 30 this year.

Tough for Gallagher but I can see the other thee hitting it. I predict a 28 for either Gallagher or Radulov though and honestly would expect a few less from Gallagher. Pacioretty and Galchenyuk should hit it for sure.

Guest Stogey24

Gallagher was at .75ppg last season in 53 games. Equate that to a full season and he's putting up something like 62 points....

I put a lot of faith in the fact that Gallagher puts up 30 goals next year.

Be nice if Radulov,Max,Chucky, Gallagher all hit atleast 30 this year.

Last time Montreal had four 30 goal scorers was 92-93 (Bellows, Damphousse, Muller, Lebeau)

The last time a team had more than three 30 goal scorers (unless I missed someone) was Philadelphia in 08-09 (Hartnell, Richards, Gagne, Carter)

Just saying, it would definitely be nice. History is not in their favour.

He sounded promising. Seems like his head is really in the right place to come and play for the Habs. I'm really getting excited for this team now!

The question is would you want to break up Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher to put radulov on line 1? Or do we go with plex-radulov and whichever youngster wins the spot on the left?

The only reason we don't have 4 30 goal guys this year is (you guessed it ) Le Genius.

Strange how he coaches 30 NHL teams a year since no one else is getting 4 30 goal guys.

He sounded promising. Seems like his head is really in the right place to come and play for the Habs. I'm really getting excited for this team now!

The question is would you want to break up Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher to put radulov on line 1? Or do we go with plex-radulov and whichever youngster wins the spot on the left?

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Youngster - Pleks - Gallagher

Strange how he coaches 30 NHL teams a year since no one else is getting 4 30 goal guys.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Youngster - Pleks - Gallagher

This is the way I would go too. Rad seems to have some decent vision and playmaking ability. I suppose he will just be a part of the MT blender at the end of the day and will play both lines depending on how the game is going.

I'm expecting

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Shaw - Plekanec - Radulov

This is what I'm expecting too. Shaw is going to get a lot of love from management I think. I like him as a player but I feel like he's more of a "fill in top 6" he's getting paid on leadership, work ethic and some upside.

This is what I'm expecting too. Shaw is going to get a lot of love from management I think. I like him as a player but I feel like he's more of a "fill in top 6" he's getting paid on leadership, work ethic and some upside.

Quenneville was playing Shaw on the top line in the playoffs last season. And he produced. That'll be going through their heads with it.

I like Shaw with DD; but with Shaw getting PP time on the second unit.

I think Shaw going to the net and digging in corners and generally being an ass will work well with DD's playmaking.

Same here. I think Carr on the other side of that trio could really make for an intriguing third line as he too has that nose for the net plus a shooters mentality which would go well with Desharnais who doesn't like to shoot often.

Same here. I think Carr on the other side of that trio could really make for an intriguing third line as he too has that nose for the net plus a shooters mentality which would go well with Desharnais who doesn't like to shoot often.

I agree with you guys.

Shaw is a solid fit on the third line and gives us scoring depth. Smart play is spread your scoring over multiple lines.

Question is who gets the 2nd LW spot next to either plek or gally

Playing with Toews and Hossa I would have produced as well

I'm not saying he is a definitive top six player, but he's the kind of guy that coaches fall in love with and play high up on the roster. He's really Dale Weise's replacement, not Lars Eller's. Eller's replacement is Danault (according to Bergevin). Chicago fans will be quick to tell you he's a great third line guy but Quenneville loved playing Shaw on the top two lines because of his intangibles. And he'd get exposed for it.

I know logically it's best to place Shaw on the third line, but I would be extremely surprised to see Montreal out the gate have Shaw on the third line. They want that contract to be a decent price for a top six winger that can do everything, not be an overpaid third liner.

(Also Hossa is starting to slow down considerably with maybe one or two years left. 33 points in 65 games is four better than Desharnais)

Question is who gets the 2nd LW spot next to either plek or gally

And therein lies the problem. Andrighetto isn't ready for a top six spot. It's hard to ask Lehkonen to do it as a rookie. Carr's not ready either. Before long, Shaw becomes the more likely spot as that other top six forward. (I wouldn't rule out Shaw on the RW and Radulov on the LW.) One more top six forward would really be nice and would help fit the other pieces of the puzzle together nicely.